fitcy

Corrado Roof Moulding/trim Strips

Agreed! These and window scraper seals bring a tear to my eye thinking how much vw charge for them

Testing_9334cf_2668899_zpshczj4qjp.jpg

I have listed the Moulding here on Ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252000341640?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Any member here (the-corrado.net) can PM me with an offer without the Ebay charges

Corrado premium :)I know these are rare but...

What's the rubber like ? How old are they ? I'd be interested at maybe 150 cheaper delivered.... But...

What a **** take.

Someone will probably pay it though.

What a **** take.

im glad you thought so too Jim

talk about trying to take advantage of a part being obsolete!

Corrado premium :)I know these are rare but...

What's the rubber like ? How old are they ? I'd be interested at maybe 150 cheaper delivered.... But...

Mate the trim are new and sealed, air hasn't got to them. Light hasn't got to them either because they have been kept in that cardboard tube since they were posted to me (they've been hidden away from the elements).

The date they were made is on the sticker (16/02/2010) Expire date (None)

I was tasting the water with the £400, but I've already had an offer of £350 from a member here and i've told him i'm considering it.

£400 What the actual f***!!!!

Mate, i'd say if you owned them, they'd be priceless to you.

I'm guessing i'm going to get a lot of haters for asking that price, but think of it this way... How much would you sell them for?

I don't have a Corrado anymore and i still hate the thought of selling them incase i come across another Corrado.

are you talking £350 or $350 dollars which is about £220, if so im interested ?

okay you must of edited or I read it wrong

Edited by delfinis38

Someone is going to be gutted when Karmannski gets his sorted!!

These parts will get remanufactured, take the bonnet foam for example....

Mate, i'd say if you owned them, they'd be priceless to you.

no you would be quite wrong there. they would only ever be worth the amount I paid for them.

plus as I have a conscience I would not feel right in heavily inflating the price.

it is a shame that what you started as a potentially kind & helpful thread for others on this forum has simply become one of greed.

I understand it is entirely up to you to sell them for whatever price you wish but it does not sit well with the generously natured community on this forum

no you would be quite wrong there. they would only ever be worth the amount I paid for them.

plus as I have a conscience I would not feel right in heavily inflating the price.

it is a shame that what you started as a potentially kind & helpful thread for others on this forum has simply become one of greed.

I understand it is entirely up to you to sell them for whatever price you wish but it does not sit well with the generously natured community on this forum

I don't understand why you're getting so upset. I'm trying to get as much as i can for them. That doesn't mean i'm still not a kind and helpful person. It's very unfair of you to call someone you don't know 'GREEDY'.

If i seen something in a store window which is very rare and they were asking twice or three time the original price, i wouldn't say they were greedy ****s, i probably say to myself 'i wish i could afford that!'

£400.00 !!!! I can't see anyone paying that surely .

My first post said that i was tasting the water.

I already have an offer of £350 from a member here, there's some people that don't mind my asking price.

I don't understand why you're getting so upset. I'm trying to get as much as i can for them. That doesn't mean i'm still not a kind and helpful person. It's very unfair of you to call someone you don't know 'GREEDY'.

If i seen something in a store window which is very rare and they were asking twice or three time the original price, i wouldn't say they were greedy ****s, i probably say to myself 'i wish i could afford that!'

I apologise if you have taken offence, that was not my intention.

I am not upset, as I said it is entirely up to you how much you want to sell them for but in the knowledge they were originally nowhere near that expensive maybe 'taking advantage' is a better term than 'greedy'

if the item in question was an antique which was 100 years old for example I would agree with you but it is not it is a part for a car, not only that but it is not even a functional part

FYI frequent users & posters on this forum regularly see so called rare parts appear on here at very inflated prices compared to their original cost & it never goes down very well with the community.

I will stop clogging your thread

good luck with your ebay sale but I must say I hope the current project to remanufacture these is successful & sees them back on sale at a sensible price

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

I apologise if you have taken offence, that was not my intention.

I am not upset, as I said it is entirely up to you how much you want to sell them for but in the knowledge they were originally nowhere near that expensive maybe 'taking advantage' is a better term than 'greedy'

if the item in question was an antique which was 100 years old for example I would agree with you but it is not it is a part for a car, not only that but it is not even a functional part

FYI frequent users & posters on this forum regularly see so called rare parts appear on here at very inflated prices compared to their original cost & it never goes down very well with the community.

I will stop clogging your thread

good luck with your ebay sale but I must say I hope the current project to remanufacture these is successful & sees them back on sale at a sensible price

Apology excepted mate.

I have help the corrado community before, i did this group buy...

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?76668-(Group-Buy)-For-Corrado-Heat-Shield-Hood-Liner

and i never did that to make a profit. Thank you for not clogging the thread mate.

Last set I remember up for sale on ebay went for over £400 and I was laughed at for paying £200 a few weeks earlier...

as with anything its worth what people will pay for it.

Edited by Yandards

they are your's to ask what you want for them bud. I believe you will easily get £400 for them glws

Thanks mate, means a lot, i was starting to think the whole community had turned against me.

Thanks mate, means a lot, i was starting to think the whole community had turned against me.

Not at all.

These parts are obsolete, and you're entitled to ask whatever you like for them.

Let's face it, any other classic car where parts are obsolete, you'd pay through the nose for spare parts. If someone wants them, they'll pay for it. It's hardly your fault that VW has stopped producing them...

Anyone saying that it's immoral, or that you're taking the **** is living in cuckoo land.

GLWS :)

I suppose if someone will give £400 for them (and they no doubt will), but you sell them for only £200, then it's like walking up to a complete stranger in the street and handing them £200. Nobody would do that!

Does that make any sense????