Sign in to follow this  
pablo_vr6

Nice surprise

after having my corrado 2 days I locked it with the sunroof open and to my amazement it closed itself

total closure alarm I didnt know I had - COOL :)

didnt even know it had an alram :D

:lol: ...reminds me of when I bought mine... I didn't know they came with a speed activated spoiler... :oops: ...you should have seen my face when I saw it go up 8)

DtM.

Yeah the alarm will have full closure but VR6s came with it from factory anyway. To test it, hold the key to the left as you lock the doors and anything that's open should close. Ditto on the passenger door.

its a proper box of tricks :D

any other funky stuff I should know about? Dont have a handbook

The actual car key should have a transponder chip in it - it's effectively a built-in immobiliser - no chip and the car will cut out when it doesn't get the signal it's looking for 8)

You could try stalking e-bay to pick up a genuine manual, or I can lend you mine to do a photocopy if you like.

DtM.

:lol: ...reminds me of when I bought mine... I didn't know they came with a speed activated spoiler... :oops: ...you should have seen my face when I saw it go up 8)

DtM.

LOL LOL :lol:

My mates constantly take the mick as even now when I hit 45mph I glimpse in the mirror to see the spoiler popping up.... :-P

will keep an eye on ebay for a manual if it goes cheap - thanks for the offer of a lend but I think I can wing it :)

DtM.

LOL LOL :lol:

My mates constantly take the mick as even now when I hit 45mph I glimpse in the mirror to see the spoiler popping up.... :-P

yes.gif

(although 56mph in my case)

Anyone want to guess how many times I bend the limit in a 50? :lol:

DtM.

It's a handy speed reminder, actually. On the 40 limit stretch on the way to work, I know I'm being extra silly when the spoiler pops up (at 56)...

iv got a clifford concept 300 when arming the car if the windows are open they will close but the sunroof does not i was told this could'nt be done but urs does it wierd??

It's only the later cars that have the sunroof control as standard... 1.8 16Vs or G60s won't have it... :(

Wish mine did, that'd be sooo cool having the moonroof auto close with the windows... 8)

Variable intermittant wipers?

Yup something all VR6's have....

You can adjust the speed of the intermittant wipers by turning them on then off again - the speed between the two (on/off) denotes the speed delay when they are on...

Try it - it works :lol:

Then you have the:

Electrically heated windscreen washers....

Electrically heated mirrors...

Sorry bit of a dull one but - There's a light in the roof of the glove box... didn't notice this until I'd had the C for 6 months. Heated mirrors and washer jets come on with the rear screen (not that you'll need them at this time of year)

There seems to be three different speeds that activate rear spoilers... is it 45mph on early types and 56 on the later ones? HiAsAKite (on here) has a german import VR and his spoiler goes up at 80!!! I guess it's probably fairly ineffective at less than that and orriginaly designed for the Auto-bahn hence the higher speed?

will keep an eye on ebay for a manual if it goes cheap - thanks for the offer of a lend but I think I can wing it :)

you should try your local stealer first..........i managed to get one last year without any problems......and all for approx £2......tho only cos the parts guy didn't have a price for it so just said £2 :wink:

did you lot also know

you can open the electric windows when the key is not in....

get in and try the windows = nothing

open the drivers door then open the windows = it works .... if you open the passangers door it don't work but the drivers doors works on both side.!!!! :wink:

The windscreen wipers took me a while to work out... driving down the M11 with them on. I worked out that the bottom position is for intermittant and the next one up is actually off. Couldn't work out why they kept changing speed on intermittant :D

Although after having them on I can vouch for the crappiness of them. A trip to the stealers next week for a badge, disks, new first aid kit (current one expired in Dec 97!) and Lupo wiper arms methinks. I'll have to check if I've got a manual, if not that'll be on the list too.

Edit: also need a battery for my key, so the light works :D

DtM.

That's v. funny. ! Fully researched the car before you bought it then?! :lol:

Am I the only one who occasionally glances at the driver of the car behind when the spoiler is going down, just to see if they notice it moving? :?