Roger Chatfield

97 in a 70, what's the probable outcome?

Little update, I've had another letter from plod, due to the high speed my case can only be delt with in court, just wait for a date.

Rog.

I know they do it to teach you a lesson, but what a waste of everyone concerned's time and money. Pathetic.

I've not heard any more from plod ref my upcoming court appearance, it's been 3 weeks now, is there a time limit of this or is it wishful thinking to hope that they have 'forgotten' about me?

Rog.

Think it's six months from date of offence that they have to change you Rog. Not sure if there's a limit to sentencing though tbh.

We'll it's been 6 mths now, have I got away with it?

Rog.

fingers crossed you have Rog!

Think it's six months from date of offence that they have to change you Rog.

They could have operated and called you Sandra.

Well for these cases of excessive speed the police have 6 months from the date of the offence in which to send papers to the court and you will recieve a court date some point after that. So you may not be quite out the woods yet. They are however supposed to keep you informed of progress along the way.

Little update, the dreaded letter arrived a few weeks ago.

Court summons to attend on the 19th, so I pleaded guilty by post and phoned the court today for the result.

6 points and £375 fine... Can't really grumble at that.

Rog.

Wow, quite a fine, i got caught doing 93mph in a 70mph and was 3 points and £60 fine. I guess that few miles an hour makes the difference.

Glad i've not been caught doing 130mph+ :lol:

Little update, the dreaded letter arrived a few weeks ago.

Court summons to attend on the 19th, so I pleaded guilty by post and phoned the court today for the result.

6 points and £375 fine... Can't really grumble at that.

Rog.

glad you didn't get a more harsh result Rog!

Its our great legal system - depends where you get caught etc - fines and points seem to vary so much

A little harsh given some of the fines they seem to give for seemingly worse transgressions but I guess it could've been worse.

At least its all over now.

Wow, quite a fine, i got caught doing 93mph in a 70mph and was 3 points and £60 fine. I guess that few miles an hour makes the difference.

Glad i've not been caught doing 130mph+ :lol:

Yep, some of that fine was my own fault, due to a massive mess up on my front the earnings form I was meant to include with my guilty plea was ommitted, the court said I could ask for a reconsideration but I'd only maybe get a 10% discount... Not worth the hassle in my book, I'm just glad it's over.

Rog.

Six points seems a little harsh. You'll have to spend 3 years pottering around to avoid any more points. On the bright side at least they are backdated to the date of the offence so only just over 2 years to go.