seanl82

RR day at Stealth 1/3/15

I'd like to be there but depends if firstly the car is on the road and secondly if I can afford it!

At this point it's probably only really useful to know about people who (barring unforeseen circumstances) actually want to come. If cars are in pieces and there are uncertainties that it'll even be re-assembled before early October, we can't really count on those as being safe bets for getting the numbers up! :)

As in the stickie in the GB section states,if 30 people put their name down,usually 12 drop out !

So if Jim spends his time sorting this out,you put your name down,IMHO a non returnable deposit should be put down !

Just my 2p

As in the stickie in the GB section states,if 30 people put their name down,usually 12 drop out !

So if Jim spends his time sorting this out,you put your name down,IMHO a non returnable deposit should be put down !

Just my 2p

Sounds fair.

Just my 2p

I actually usually take FULL payment for the RR day well in advance. I tend to find people are more likely to show up if they've already paid / I have their money :) But maybe a non-refundable deposit is the way forward.

I personally don't care if people drop out without warning as I live nearby, etc - but the problem is for Stealth who need to pay for three of them to be at work, on a Sunday. They have to make a certain amount to make it worthwhile. So if people drop out without warning and we have like... 13 cars instead of 25, it makes for a pretty lousy morning for them.

Just my 2p

i think this is fair. Although first year i was guna come down with my mate, he broke down, so we didnt make it, i paid for us both up front, and never requested a refund, just tough **** i accepted ha.

but yer, either way im game!

Also count me in.

That's a fair point. And things like that are appreciated as they help pay for food / snacks for everyone, which we have done in the past. As ever, just becomes very difficult to co-ordinate something like this and ensure that no-one ends up getting short changed!

That's a fair point. And things like that are appreciated as they help pay for food / snacks for everyone, which we have done in the past. As ever, just becomes very difficult to co-ordinate something like this and ensure that no-one ends up getting short changed!

just pay in advance imo mate. If people dont like it then dont come... sounds a bit straight up but its the only way it can be done and 100% no1 gets left short

^^Exactly. Pay in advance, it's worked fine that way in the past.

It would be a great end to a good day if we could plan say a 20 mile road trip in after all the cars have run for the more spirited drivers , and maybe end it at a pub for some grub before the trip home , theres some great roads around that area

I was thinking earlier in October, though it does depend on Stealths availability.

It would be a great end to a good day if we could plan say a 20 mile road trip in after all the cars have run for the more spirited drivers , and maybe end it at a pub for some grub before the trip home , theres some great roads around that area

What about the less spirited drivers? Can we have our own Miss Daisy run?

Early October is good with me - don't mind Saturday or Sundays

What about the less spirited drivers? Can we have our own Miss Daisy run?

Spirited drivers head off and postcode for the pub will be given to the slow coaches ! See you there haha

Maybe an idea would be to route a nice 20 mile round trip and wnd up back at a pub close to stealth that way bo one is driving more miles or getting closer to home leaving others even thurther away