Chuggs1

Wheeler Dealers

Need to get myself a code scanner to scan and or reset .... Any recommendations or links to decent scanners to buy....Not too pricey

My autel ms509 wont connect to the corrado, buy vcds is my advice

Ed china is looking a bit porky these days.

I don't think I have seen him sweat so much in any episode

So are you these days..

To be fair Edd sounded like he had a bit of a cold through that episode!

It was a really good episode. Plenty of love for the Corrado. I can't recall an episode where the price went higher than advertised. Is the VR6 the next GT3?

just watched the espisode. That sunroof panel tool looks impressive. As said before I just take the headlining out to start with.

good news about the ABS pump refurb though

Great episode. If you don't get too "Spottery" and point out all the little things. Can only do the Corrado and us as owners good.

Can we convince them to do a G60? Start the petition now! :)

i just tried to down load it to a stick...that link has been removed......however in hd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUOFMFKArl0

" Thank You very much indeed, loepan "
... I've just watched it and, like many others, I'm "
chufti-ed
"
to bits !!

and equally
" Thank You very much too, kdub "
for your really helpful gem of :

AN EXCELLENT BIT OF SOFTWARE for grabbing youtube videos etc and allowing you to save them to your device.

http://clipgrab.org

Go to that link and select English as language. Then download the software (FREE). Now copy and paste the youtube address into the search bar and Grab Clip (Select mp4 Format).

You will have in a few minutes the entire video saved to your hard drive for your viewing pleasure

• Like 1

Watched last night. We all know it's a fantastic car, but nevertheless inspiring and good press for the Corrado!

And if anyone knows of a full leather interior in that condition for £450 please let me know :-)

Very enjoyable episode.

As said, if you don't look in to much detail at it then it was a good advert for Corrado's in general.

Good to see they acknowledged that Aqua Blue is the best colour!

Can you imagine how much more excited they would have been if they had used a valver around the Go-Kart track!?? It would have been much more crisp around the corners without that big heavy lump of an engine swinging about up front ;-)

Dougie

Very enjoyable episode.

Good to see they acknowledged that Aqua Blue is the best colour !

" Yep, 'hear, hear', Dougie !! "

Good spot about the leather. It probably isn't heated, hence the price.

Yes the VR6 is probably the worst handling around something small like a go kart track. The G60 and valvers would handle better there.

Good spot about the leather. It probably isn't heated, hence the price.

Yes the VR6 is probably the worst handling around something small like a go kart track. The G60 and valvers would handle better there.

the gf & I also questioned the heated part as we didn't see any mention of the loom or dash switch. I didn't know you could get a non heated leather interior though

as for the handling comment - I always find it a little odd people slate the VR for how it handles. surely it all depends on how each individual car is set up, maintained, what parts are on it & how old they are. I think a true comparison could only be made by testing each flavour when they had just come out of the factory.

plus is the VR block really that much heavier than the G60 or 16v such that it gives the implied impairment in handling? one of the big points with the VR engine when it was designed was the ability to get 6 cylinders in such a small block

EDIT - having taken a look on here http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=15653#a_dimensions there isn't much in it when considering the overall weight. Plus that site doesn't cater for the fact many VR's had leather interior, which I would estimate is fairly heavier than cloth versions ;) lol

Kerb weights being: 16v = 1090kg G60 = 1115kg VR = 1240kg

so only 125kg in it between G60 & VR - do any of our track munching rado lovers have any idea if that would make much of a difference? though I imagine it would also depend on how that weight difference is distributed

EDIT*2 - that carfolio site makes some good reading. I didn't know the difference in book speed between VR & G60 for 0-60mph was 1.4 seconds! (6.4s for the VR compared to 8s for the G60)

Also a 1.7 second difference in their 1/4 mile book times

I don't know many newer car specs but I believe you have to spend a fair whack of £'s on a new car to get a mid 6 second 0-60 time without any upgrades

would those differences in time be due to how they get their power to the tarmac, as there is only a 32bhp difference between G60 & VR, or due those extra few horses I wonder

My VR is an absolute joy round any twisties & when you get your corner entry & exits correct it is extremely rewarding (even when you get them wrong the chassis & stability make it for an easy catch to correct) - a combination of great agility & able to get lots of power down well. Combine this with a dual carriageway clover leaf section for example & mine will give much more modern, & much more expensive cars, a whooping most of the time

the same can not be said for my valver - even when I used to own it years ago & it was less worn it didn't even come close to how my VR is now

BUT the VR is that way, I believe, because I have progressively renewed all of the running gear, engine & gearbox mounts, it has a proper suspension setup in the KW's & excellent contact with the road due to the bridgestone's

to get the valver back on the road this year part of what it needed was the complete steering rack to rod end's replacing on both sides & some of the running gear. even with those done it still doesn't compare to the feel & feedback on the VR

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Great to see the programme and thanks for the Youtube links. Programs like this are great for raising the Corrado's profile. Hopefully, this result in prices firming further and greater availability of spare parts.

It must be difficult for the producers to pitch the programme at the right level to satisfy the general viewer and keep us enthusiasts happy. As an one of the latter, I found it a little disappointing that they felt it necessary to depress the price of the spare parts. £400 for a leather interior seems very good value especially as there was no mention of further repairs to the drivers seat. Also, I think they claimed that they paid £50 for an alloy wheel refurbishment, again very good value for a decent job. Generally given the lack of maintenance of the car over the past few years I was surprised that some cosmetic work to the body work was not required. Also, there was no mention of any work to the suspension.

crazy, i'd presumed non heated leather seats were more widely available and more 'standard' than any electric heated leathers!

when looking for a set for mine heated were few and far between but there was an abundance of 'standard' leather in all various states of condition

crazy, i'd presumed non heated leather seats were more widely available and more 'standard' than any electric heated leathers!

when looking for a set for mine heated were few and far between but there was an abundance of 'standard' leather in all various states of condition

good info loepan, thank you