db82

Whats broken on your Corrado today??

Don't know if it's just mine, but she really does making owning her hard work, and since there is a what have you done to your car today thread I thought I would start a what has broken thread.

So in the last two weeks

I have had my sun roof blow out

Boost pipe blow off,

central locking relay not working. What makes this one worse is that my other half is not the rados greatest admirer, so when I took her out for a meal last night and the rely stoped working I had to climb in through the boot as i have installed passat rear handles. One very unhappy girlfriend now that more money has to be spent on a car.

the joys of owning a 26 year old car

Everything is working in mine for the first time in over 5 years, I've not seen the ABS light whilst in motion for 3 weeks!

I just thought I'd post that to give you some encouragement.

If she wasn't nagging about the car it would be something else instead!

I decided to drive the G60 to work this morning. Around 40 mins ago actually. Luckily I live close to work.

Half way to work strong fuel smell! Pulled over and she was smoking. Think I stopped just in time. I had the fire extinguisher at the ready. This time it is the fuel hose at the gearbox end of the head. Had to park it up and walk home and drive my Toyota to work :p Will fix it on the way home tonight.

My heart was racing at the prospect of losing it to fire. I really need to come up with a permanent solution to these potential fuel leaks. Maybe 16v G60 is the only way to ensure the fuel is far enough away from the exhaust haha.

I'm assuming you have an aftermarket fuel rail, given the location of the fuel hose you describe being faulty.

The potential danger of this is scary in the extreme. Sure, 16VG60 conversion relocates the fuel rail to the farthest distance from the exhaust, but a fuel leak on any engine is the same danger.

Once you have repaired this, do give consideration to a plumbed in extinguisher system, as raising the bonnet to a face full of flame really doesn't improve the complexion. I use one of our FEV systems on my Corrado. These extinguishers use a deoxygenating gas which will knock out the fire in seconds and cause no damage to the vehicle unlike powder etc. The system is remotely activated without raising the bonnet. I recommend the install of such a system in every Corrado as we only have one crack at life and a fire will write off your entire investment far too quickly. Even with agreed value insurance, it won't cover the cost to rebuild another to the same specification.

Standard hose John, the roughly U shaped one that curls from the end of the fuel rail up to the solenoid(leaking from the solenoid end). Will retighten it just to get it home. Which is literally about a minute drive from where I parked her.

Yes I've always been concerned about the potential of lifting the bonnet and hence the added oxygen adding to the potential flame.

Where can I find more info on your FEV kits?

Carl, I haven't forgotten about your bits mate, just massively busy.. I'm sure I've got a spare hose on a g60 fuel rail down in the garage somewhere, don't know about condition though as the pipes are all 20+ years old now. I'll send you photos.

The Karmann badge below the gearstick on the centre console fell off after the years took their toll on the glue. Underneath it was a silver karmann badge :scratch: The Corrado was indeed from the era of over-engineered cars :o

The Karmann badge below the gearstick on the centre console fell off after the years took their toll on the glue. Underneath it was a silver karmann badge :scratch: The Corrado was indeed from the era of over-engineered cars :o

lol the very same thing happened on my VR & is still like it - I quite liked the silver look :)

Went to a local meet lads saying nice Corrado. looked underneath oil slick. failed HP oil pressure switch = Home early :o:brickwall:

Karmann badge fell off my vr6 and replaced hp and lp oil pressure switches last week, will be replacing fuel tank straps this weekend, happy days

My List is endless. It would take too long to write. But we enjoy the challenge in a pleasure/pain achievement.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Started the storm the other day..revelled in the glory that the sunroof has always worked...opened it and now it won't close...bugger...!!!!!

My List is endless. It would take too long to write. But we enjoy the challenge in a pleasure/pain achievement.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You have the right attitude for a Corrado bud hope you got other bits for seats ok. Really good to meet you and if there is anything else you need (I'm sure you will) let me know. I will help where I can bud

Why isn't this the longest thread on the forum ?!?!

Because Wayne started a thread in the members gallery! :lol:

Tbf, mine isn't too far off his, but he was here less than a year I think!

Because Wayne started a thread in the members gallery! :lol:

Tbf, mine isn't too far off his, but he was here less than a year I think!

His legacy lives on. I still keep in touch with him and often text him to let him know I'm parked outside his house (when I visit the off licence), just to remind him what a Corrado looks like.

Haha! What's he driving now Stuart? I've got a lot of time for him actually. He came down with the kids to collect some parts a while back so we had a good chat. He's a really nice guy and it's a shame he moved on so quickly.

Haha! What's he driving now Stuart? I've got a lot of time for him actually. He came down with the kids to collect some parts a while back so we had a good chat. He's a really nice guy and it's a shame he moved on so quickly.

He's driving a Toyota Auris hybrid thing which possibly could be considered the polar opposite of a VR6