seanl82

Storm Grey for sale on Ebay

What the hell!! Someone please beat that guy down to a sensible price and save that poor Corrado! :(

"some cosmetic tidying" is that euphemism for extensive welding and a complete respray?

I notice the name selling a "david smith" Wasn't it a chap called Mark David Smith on here that screwed someone over with a shrick?

That Storm looks rough. I don't think I've seen one with a hole in the wing before!

MATE, BBS WHEELS, RED CALIPERS, worth it just for those! :thumbleft:

HA

"The engine has had a significant amount of work carried out by the previous owner about 8 months ago, with receipts to prove.

Head was fully stripped, pressure tested, skimmed and rebuilt new valve stem seals and valves re sat.

New gaskets throughout

New crank oil seal

New top timing chain tensioner and chain guides

New water pump

New injector seals

New oil, filter, coolant etc

Gearbox was removed and painted"

YER, in our world (corrado owners) we call that a mear service

"Unfortunately the sunroof packed up and was also leaking so I decided to simplify things (less weight and less to go wrong) by just doing away with it and fixing a panel in its place (I’m not much of a sunroof fan anyway!) but a new mech and motor could be bought and easily re-fitted in future if that’s what you prefer. The rear spoiler works perfectly though which is a rare bonus on a Corrado!"

"Exterior -

Sunroof delete"

"Bad bits -

- The paintwork is the only thing that lets this car down from being a real show-stopper, there are stone chips on the front end and some lacquer peel on the roof, as well as a few age-related marks here and there.

- As mentioned further up the ad, the sunroof delete does its job but it does seem to divide opinion somewhat! I personally like it but it could definitely be improved upon in the future, as it was only intended as a medium-term fix to keep the car dry and functional, with my plan being to get it properly smoothed in and resprayed with the rest of the car at a later date."

Im confused, this is either a Joke, or the guy who wrote it is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I love the bit where he says the Sunroof "does divide opinion" :lol: 1/1 = 1, it's a bloody train wreck!!!!

Edited by seanl82

This is amazing! I'd put 5k down just for the laugh of meeting this guy! hahaha

It's April 1st isn't it?

That's just about as poor an example of a Corrado I've seen in a while. Knock the 3 off the front of the asking price & he might have a chance. Fair play to him on the description though!