Chuggs1

Do VW have an embargo on talking about the Corrado

So been watching VWs page on Facebook and they are always discussing the cars of the past and giving lots of air time to Golfs and Siroccos and of course vans and beetles. But not one single picture (they have loads of the aforementioned) or comment from them on the Corrado - they will never answer any direct questions on this either

The best car they ever made (ok biaised) and nothing from them

Put a Corrado appreciation post on there and see how many likes you get chuggs, write a little ditty how you think VW are treating it like tieback sheep and start a petition for more acknowledgement of such a fine car, and how they should start reproducing some obsolete parts! :thumbleft:

Not sure what a tie back sheep is but will google that... lol.... but like your thinking...... keep at them till they submit or admit

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just posted photo of mine - will keep doing so until they acknowledge!

They made a huge loss on the Corrado and do seem to be a bit embarrassed by it all at a corporate level. I guess it suffers from being seen as neither original (it's a Scirocco v2) or particularly special by modern standards (it's not the prettiest or fastest car they ever produced by any means) and it doesn't have the hippy chic of a beetle or camper van so it's just a bit "meh" to them. Like idolising the "golf mk3" it's just not going to happen.

The techs, of course, loved it...

maybe those at VW didnt like it but those in the industry who reveiwed them at time of release absolutely loved them!!

we all know some of the great comments made by respectful car industry people

my favourite being the 'worthy of a Porsche badge' :D lol

Not sure about not being the prettiest - I know im biased but its up there with the top looks and by far better that golf mk1 (quite like the MKII) or scirroco - IMHO

And for its time it was surely up there with the fastest! what VWs were faster? up to 1995?

Not sure about not being the prettiest - I know im biased but its up there with the top looks and by far better that golf mk1 (quite like the MKII) or scirroco - IMHO

And for its time it was surely up there with the fastest! what VWs were faster? up to 1995?

Yes, back then, i believe it was the fastest production VAG ever made until the TT with the 225 bhp and quatro. But now, no way.

And no, I don't think it's pretty. "Handsome", yes, and quite purposeful looking, but not pretty. I like it myself for its classic low, aggressive stance with the flared wheel arches, but it's not "pretty" in the true sense of the word.

At the time of it's production the VR6 Corrado was VW's fastest road going car.

My favourite journalistic quotes were from Jeremy Clarkson who said "it's like a £20,000 Ferrari" and also likened it to Espresso... "one shot and it blows your head off" he he.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

At the time of it's production the VR6 Corrado was VW's fastest road going car.

My favourite journalistic quotes were from Jeremy Clarkson who said "it's like a £20,000 Ferrari" and also likened it to Espresso... "one shot and it blows your head off" he he.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lol i was going to write that very ferrari quote too

i think it was clarkson who also put the corrado as one of his 10 cars to drive before you die

my friend had a MK3 golf for while & i recall him saying, when they were parked next to each other & both facing front, that the golf looked forlorn & whilst the rado looked angry lol

personally, even now almost 20 years after first owning the valver i find that i always look back at them a couple of times when walking away

not many cars can do that

Anyone got a link to the page, I'm not very good with the social media mumbo jumbo and can't find it on Facebook.....

Posted a photo of my midnight blue VR6. We need to like and comment on each other posts to raise their profile on the page.

I shall reply to the post as the CCGB facebook account too ;)

Posted a photo of my midnight blue VR6. We need to like and comment on each other posts to raise their profile on the page.
Just did!! :)

Loving all the posts and photos - keep them coming..... VW will acknowledge (or block us)... lol

Loving all the posts and photos - keep them coming..... VW will acknowledge (or block us)... lol

i have just done a couple myself

1 pic of the 3 together, 1 video of the VR singing its new SS exhaust & 1 of the VR engine bay :)

Cool will go have a look..... VW have just responded.... but it's hidden under s reply under my link

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk