PaigeCBarrett

Mystic Blue Storm

Been on the forum a while and bought myself a Mystic Blue Storm back in June. Haven't had a chance to put up and photos until now or detail the work in progress! Bought the car with 128k miles and just about to tick over to 136k! :thumbleft:

A bit about the car;

Engine - BMC CDA air filter, Schrick inlet manifold, 268 cams, 6 branch exhaust manifold, magnex cat-back exhaust, remap by Stealth - approx 220bhp + 212 lb ft

Chassis - 288mm front brake upgrade, Eibach front and rear anti-roll bars, FK konisport coilovers, Mk 4 rear calipers

Misc - Audi TT wipers, Momo steering wheel, Alpine bluetooth radio, kenwood 4 channel amp, spoonfed door pockets, alpine type r 6.5" component speakers, DDI Dials, Cobra CAT 1 Alarm + more, plus the sunroof, spoiler and heated seats all still work :dance:

Over the last few months I've been busy tinkering around on my days off, she's had new chains and tensioners by Stealth 1,5k miles ago. Re-applied the head lining because it needed cleaning and was starting to sag. Re-positioned the exhaust as it was starting to rub on the rear bumper :( . Sadly with the weather change I've come across a few idling and running issues causing hunting and the engine to cut out. So without a definitive culprit I just went full hog and dismantled and cleaned out parts such as, cleaned throttle body, ISV and MAF, new throttle position sensor and coolant temperature sensor, cleaned out the BMC CDA air filter. This so far has resolved my problem with the car occasionally hunting due to a faulty MAF sensor but the fault goes away once I've cleaned it, so until I get a new one I'll just keep cleaning it! After that the car drove like a dream again and idled much better :dance:

BUT last week, when I thought all my engine troubles were gone for a while... BAM smoke from under the bonnet :( so today I had it all apart again to find the issue! After some searching I found that where the crankcase breather connected to the inlet there was a small (and I mean small!) tear in the plastic housing... so I've sealed the hole and tomorrow will tell if that was the cause!

As with any car of that age, I still have a to do list of things to do! Such as; service with some thicker oil to quieten down the engine as its tapping slightly! Figure out why my main beam doesn't work :scratch: clean up the dirt out of the engine bay and clean the oil stains off the schrick manifold, rocker cover gasket, repaint calipers... the list goes on!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84915[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84918[/ATTACH]

Edited by PaigeCBarrett

Think this was Mark_storm's old car. One of the loudest VRs I've ever heard.

Good purchase.

Welcome to Corrado (and Storm) ownership. 220bhp is pretty impressive. Love the stock look too. Makes me think I should have just done the 288 brake upgrade and left the Solitudes on mine. You've the deeper chin spoiler there too by the looks of it. Makes it look even lower from the front.

Health to drive and keep us updated on your escapades. There's also a Facebook Group. "Volkswagen Corrado Storm Owners Register"

tidy motor :)

have a look to see if you can find an uprated headlight loom.

if it has one it could be a failed relay that is causing your main beam not to work

most looms have 2 relays - 1 for normal beam & 1 for main beam but some have 3, where there is a relay for each side of normal beam

I'll second that. It's happened to me a few times. I now carry 2 spare relays in my little boot tidy bag. An uprated loom is essential though and I'm sure your car has one.

I'll second that. It's happened to me a few times. I now carry 2 spare relays in my little boot tidy bag. An uprated loom is essential though and I'm sure your car has one.

me also but i keep them in the glove box lol

fortunately i have a 3 relay loom in both rado's & as such when the VR popped a relay i only lost 1 side of normal beam, which was helpful as i was driving home at night at the time

Oh the boot bag contains all manner of things.

- 1 Litre Oil

- Spare bulbs, 4 x High Vis bibs, Small First Aid Kit, LED Warning Triangle (all requirements here in Germany and I don't want to use the originals)

- Mini-Compressor/Battery Starter pack (wee tiny thing, saved my butt a few times, you know I should really fit a headlight buzzer)

- Disposable Gloves

- Petrol Additive (cleans injectors)

- Clutch cable (had one of these snap on the motorway once.

- Small Toolkit

- De-Icing kit

- Spare fuses and those headlight relays

- A few photocopied pages from my Bentley Manual. Fuse diagrams stuff like that.

- Various things "I'll get round to" that need put on the car. Latest one being a brand new rear "Corrado" script badge in chrome silver.

Welcome to Corrado (and Storm) ownership. 220bhp is pretty impressive. Love the stock look too. Makes me think I should have just done the 288 brake upgrade and left the Solitudes on mine. You've the deeper chin spoiler there too by the looks of it. Makes it look even lower from the front.

Health to drive and keep us updated on your escapades. There's also a Facebook Group. "Volkswagen Corrado Storm Owners Register"

I'll look that up. Looks pretty much identical to mine now. I do like the red calipers and Im not going any bigger brake wise for that very reason that you can fit original wheels.

Edited by coullstar

Nice car with period upgrades, I couldn't fathom why it took so long to sell?

Oh the boot bag contains all manner of things.

- 1 Litre Oil

- Spare bulbs, 4 x High Vis bibs, Small First Aid Kit, LED Warning Triangle (all requirements here in Germany and I don't want to use the originals)

- Mini-Compressor/Battery Starter pack (wee tiny thing, saved my butt a few times, you know I should really fit a headlight buzzer)

- Disposable Gloves

- Petrol Additive (cleans injectors)

- Clutch cable (had one of these snap on the motorway once.

- Small Toolkit

- De-Icing kit

- Spare fuses and those headlight relays

- A few photocopied pages from my Bentley Manual. Fuse diagrams stuff like that.

- Various things "I'll get round to" that need put on the car. Latest one being a brand new rear "Corrado" script badge in chrome silver.

garmany is rather like france then with the amount of spares you have to carry with you by law - my dad has pretty much the same in his golf for when he goes to the house in france

could i ask what the combined compressor/battery starter is pls?

PS i really like your wheels lol

I'll look that up. Looks pretty much identical to mine now. I do like the red calipers and Im not going any bigger brake wise for that very reason that you can fit original wheels.

bigger brakes for standard wheels do have an option coullstar - hispec billet 4's ;)

BBS LMs. Probs my favourite wheel on a Corrado!

I'll be honest. They're LM Reps. They never made the genuine ones in 16" and I don't like 17"'s on a Rado.

The Battery Pack and Compressor were a present from Her Indoors. It's this set. The starter works really well, one jump start only uses about 5% of the charge. The compressor is handy too although I've hardly used it. It's also great for charging USB devices on the go.

Suaoki Starter/Compressor Kit

I'll be honest. They're LM Reps. They never made the genuine ones in 16" and I don't like 17"'s on a Rado.

The Battery Pack and Compressor were a present from Her Indoors. It's this set. The starter works really well, one jump start only uses about 5% of the charge. The compressor is handy too although I've hardly used it. It's also great for charging USB devices on the go.

Suaoki Starter/Compressor Kit

excellent thanks Mike

i have saved the link as a favourite

excellent thanks Mike

i have saved the link as a favourite

Just add it to your Amazon "Wish List" and then send a link to the list to all your Family. Otherwise you'll get Socks, Pyjamas and Old Spice for Chrimbo! :D

Just add it to your Amazon "Wish List" and then send a link to the list to all your Family. Otherwise you'll get Socks, Pyjamas and Old Spice for Chrimbo! :D

ha ha ha!!!

I do have quite a few spares for the car, including an uprated headlight loom. The guy I bought the car from did install it and took it out again because apparently it didn't make a difference, I don't know why he didn't leave it in! I've had a small poke around and found both fuses have blown, replaced with new one and went out again within a few seconds, so I'll have to check the wiring to see where it's earthing out.

Has anyone ever heard of putting Vaseline on a MAF sensor to stop oil buildup from aftermarket filters? I've been recommended trying it but I'm unsure

I've currently got 17" rims on it right now, had some Toyo proxes on the speedlines which were... in a word awful!

Cheers for the comments :) anyone around the Salisbury area?