Pieman2

Corrado VR6 wanted for Piston Heads photoshoot

Congrats :) Looks like a great example and Twilight Violet is a super colour.. can't wait to see the feature.

Hi All, just to update you, had the photographer come out yesterday and do the pics, he really was a great bloke and took a massive amount of time and care making sure the shots were to his liking. It stayed dry all day and the car performed fantastically.

I now need to answer a couple of questions and whilst I could just go back with the obvious stuff I wanted to give everybody a chance to give a bit of input so to hopefully ensure everything is covered in the article. The questions are as follows:-

What's the best thing for you about the VR6?

What are the key issues any prospective buyer should look out for?

Need to go back in next day or so, so your swift replies would be much appreciated.

Thanks Al

Edited by axcel01uk

Best things for me, the looks(smile factor), the driving position, the sound, the fact it's not a boring box with wheels.

Things to look out for. RUST, windscreen area, fuel cap area, sills, bottom of A pillars, far more important than engine related gremlins

Best things about the VR6? The noise. Reasonable economy. Strong / reliable if well maintained. Goes like stink if you're in the mood for some fun, but is really refined and perfect for daily driving with a good spread of torque and long gearing.

Things to watch out for? I think easypops is right with the rust.

Good things: a neat tidy timeless design. Performance and smoothness from a V6. Most modern hot hatches are 4 cylinder turbo.

Look out for a solid body and good trim that has not been hacked about. Most mechanical bits can be easily sorted.

Thanks for the replies everyone much appreciated and very helpful, I have put something together and emailed it over. As soon as I here when the article is being put on the website i will let you all know.

nice, will take a look :)

thanks

EDIT - nice article they wrote & with some very choice wording :D

cracking pictures too, you must be pleased with them

i love the one of the rev counter!!! saved.com lol

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Would love some higher resolution copies of those pictures. Great read too :)

Thanks for the comments everyone, this was the first time I had seen the pictures so very happy with the results. I am also happy the article does the car justice and its good to see the vast majority of the comments on pistonheads so far are really positive about the corrado.

The photographer took so many shots and spent around 3 and half hours photographing the car on the day. I will be emailing him in the next day or two to see if I can get copies of all the pictures he took as obviously they would be very nice to have.

Thanks for the comments everyone, this was the first time I had seen the pictures so very happy with the results. I am also happy the article does the car justice and its good to see the vast majority of the comments on pistonheads so far are really positive about the corrado.

The photographer took so many shots and spent around 3 and half hours photographing the car on the day. I will be emailing him in the next day or two to see if I can get copies of all the pictures he took as obviously they would be very nice to have.

It's nice to read an honest article which really praises the car. Your car has come out very well given the dark sky. Well done

This must be one if the best articles I have ever read on the Corrado. It certainly name a change to see some original and accurate writing.