Pieman2

Corrado VR6 wanted for Piston Heads photoshoot

been using mine for the last month on nice days , recaros are full of white dog hairs and its grafted ! but its more fun than looking at it in the garage

That's what daily cars are for.

Indeed they are, but we are talking about pampered Corrado's and i can't really seeing anyone willing to drive one in the winter :)

That's why i have a V reg Polo (i love it don't laugh) for the winter or drive the Mrs car :)

Edited by Dogma

Indeed they are, but we are talking about pampered Corrado's and i can't really seeing anyone willing to drive one in the winter :)

That's why i have a V reg Polo (i love it don't laugh) for the winter or drive the Mrs car :)

My VR is fairly pampered but i am not lucky enough to have a garage so the paint has suffered - i used that every day for 5 years & it was nice in the winter, what with the heated seats & how quickly it gets warm in the cabin

that was until i brought my valver back as that now gets used in the winter - though it has been quite a bit colder due to my hearer box flaps needing to be relined lol

My VR is fairly pampered but i am not lucky enough to have a garage so the paint has suffered - i used that every day for 5 years & it was nice in the winter, what with the heated seats & how quickly it gets warm in the cabin

that was until i brought my valver back as that now gets used in the winter - though it has been quite a bit colder due to my hearer box flaps needing to be relined lol

lol When i bought my Corrado many moons ago the heater stopped working, which was handy in winter! Driving with your head out of the window is not the smartest thing I've done, but i got home :)

A ton of WD40 and a punch to the fan system brought it back to life, which was handy.

lol When i bought my Corrado many moons ago the heater stopped working, which was handy in winter! Driving with your head out of the window is not the smartest thing I've done, but i got home :)

A ton of WD40 and a punch to the fan system brought it back to life, which was handy.

ha ha i bet you looked like a dog getting air!! pmsl

fortunately i fixed the matrix last summer so i have heat of some form but i didnt reline the air box flaps when i had the dash out - doh

Woo mate

My Matrix popped two years ago and I though my car was on fire, it's the fastest I've ever jumped out of a car.

Does anyone know where you would need to go for this ?

Would consider it if it wasn't too far

No idea.. maybe an email to the guy..

Another worthy corrado for this.

Edit..

A quick google of guy bakers cars comes up with similar request on other owners forums and suggest local to the owner so I guess you won't have to travel too far... but I could be wrong

Edited by delfinis38

Pull ya finger out. No excuse of me not posting a washer to ya!

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

I'd never dob in my main man :)

After sending an email showing interest I received a reply today saying they have found a car to feature.

After sending an email showing interest I received a reply today saying they have found a car to feature.
Having seen your beautiful Corrado.... they'll be doing well if the one they're going to feature is half as nice as yours.

Many thanks to the many owners who kindly offered their cars. We now have a suitable VR6 confirmed for this shoot.

Hope you enjoy the feature when it comes out!

I got a reply asking about mods.... been too busy with work to reply properly. Still in bits anyway :)

Many thanks to the many owners who kindly offered their cars. We now have a suitable VR6 confirmed for this shoot.

Hope you enjoy the feature when it comes out!

Can't wait of course! We love the Corrado, and love to see it being recognised by places like Pistonheads. But I'm also hoping any technical details are right! I appreciate you guys are the motoring journalists and know more about cars than most of us could ever hope to... but virtually every article which has appeared about the Corrado in the mainstream automotive press in recent years has been factually incorrect in some way :( Any of us would be more than happy to help sanity check any areas you might be uncertain of around models / model years / special editions, etc etc which is normally where the errors occur.

Hi. I received a similar email. It would be interesting to know whose car they have selected to use

Hi. I received a similar email. It would be interesting to know whose car they have selected to use

It won't be mine as I received a similar email. A shame because I was looking forward to my 5 minutes of fame!

Likewise, mine didn't get the nod.

Jim, what are the factual inaccuracies that keep appearing?

It's almost always stuff around model years, engine types (e.g. saying the Corrado had a 2.8 VR6 rather than 2.9 - which is true for the USA, but not for Europe) and inaccuracies about 8v/16v motors, etc. Certainly it's never ground breaking stuff or massive innaccuracies, BUT I feel it could cause confusion for people who don't know about the cars and are considering buying.. and they come into researching buying one with incorrect facts.

It is a bit irritating really. I also read Classic American, as I have a Challenger, and the detail about models from the 50s and 60s is amazing (of course, they could be getting it wrong though), but I do wonder if the information is more readily available for the American cars. They love their statistics over there, and it seems to extend to intricate knowledge of historic car options.

I know someone who used to translate magazine road tests for VAG Germany and he said they were all pretty much copy and paste in chunks from VAGs own press releases... and lets face it googling will pretty much bring up facts and figures for USA spec cars too

Could be googling, but they do come up with things like "You could order your 1958 De Soto with a AM Radio for $127.25, whilst the 250 cu in engine with four-barrel carb would set you back $317.55", so they do seem a bit more specific than simply saying the VR6 came with a 2.8 litre (sic) engine. I'm not sure if people want that detail about more modern classics, but it's certainly good detail.

Hi All, just to let you know that my car was chosen for the upcoming pistonheads feature. Like some of you, I was also asked to send pictures and highlight any modifications and got an email at the beginning of the week to say it had been chosen. The shoot is going to happen toward the end of February and the good news for me is the photographer is coming to my neck of the woods so no travelling.

Just to give you a bit of background, I have owned the car since 2009 and have done a fair bit to it to get it into the condition you see now. The car is only used at the weekend and on dry days. I do about 2000 miles a year and keep it taxed all year so in the event there is a rare dry day over winter, I can still take the car out. Due to family commitments I don't get to many shows but the one local show I did manage to attend in both 2016 and 2015, the car won best water cooled.

You have my assurance that for the shoot the car will be looking its very best, I appreciate that you all want the article to give the Corrado the best possible coverage it so thoroughly deserves and I don't want to let anybody and especially the car down.

They have not asked me for any details about the car as yet and I don't believe they intend to test drive it. If they do the car is mechanically spot on. The car was fairly recently on a rolling road at AMD in Essex after fitting some uprated cams and achieved 208BHP.

I appreciate people's concerns over ensuring the article is accurate, again I have not been asked to provide any information for the article. But I am sure they will do there homework.

I will keep you updated regarding developments.

P1040466.jpg

P1040818.jpg

P1040816.jpg

DSC06554.jpg

DSC06553.jpg