Cluffstarr

Blue 1993 Corrado VR6 in Yeovil, Somerset

I've just measured my car at 94cm, same as yours. I can't get to my bumper at the moment but I know it fits. Is it something silly like the brackets are on back to front?

I've just measured my car at 94cm, same as yours. I can't get to my bumper at the moment but I know it fits. Is it something silly like the brackets are on back to front?

Hi,

Well that's a big relief and thanks so much for the feedback. That for sure would be the harder and more expensive to sort (but I couldn't see anything was wrong...).

I thought maybe the brackets were on wrong but when I took them off, I took car to keep them on the correct side of the bumper I took off, and it seems they only go on one way as one has a protrusion that would impinge on putting the bumper on as it would hit the bottom of the slam panel under the main headlights...

It could be one of the brackets are bent I guess. But still doesn't explain how it fitted before...!

Will take another look at if I made a boob with the brackets I guess!

Edited by Cluffstarr

Hi all,

Been a while since posting. Not too much been happening on my Corrado. I got the bumper back on with the help of a friend. I basically had to hold it up to the car with one bracket attached and then inch the bumper onto the other bracket, tightening as I went...

I had the codes read by a colleague with VAG-COM and found the Cam Sensor was being reported as faulty with an Open or Short Circuit. Having replaced this with a new one from TPS (quite pricey!) the car seems to run much better and some starting issues I've been having appear to be much improved.

It's not quite perfect I don't think but I think with the service I'm planning and a replacement cat-back exhaust, whatever remaining ponies that are currently missing will be found again :)

On another note, I'm looking to sort my interior out a bit. The door cards need a bit of attention and the driver's seat base is getting threadbare in places. Can anyone recommend any automotive upholsterers? There are hundreds around for leather, but as mine isn't (and I cant afford a replacement leather interior - if one were available...) I would like to repair my seat and make the best of what I have.

Look forward to hearing any suggestions!

Cluffy

Cluffy, it'll be cheaper to source a used cloth interior of the same pattern fabric as yours. It doesn't matter what the drivers side is like, but the foam bolsters and fabric can be removed from the passenger side and is a direct replacement for the drivers side. It's what I did and mine are excellent now.

I had thought that but the style of mine don't appear available anywhere I've searched!! Mine is the one with the diagonal light grey dark grey stripes with a green flek in the material. I'm not a big fan of the plain grey / g60 cloth interiors, although what I believe is the latest interior is quite nice.

There was a cream leather interior on eBay an hour ago but just looked again and it's gone already...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had thought that but the style of mine don't appear available anywhere I've searched!! Mine is the one with the diagonal light grey dark grey stripes with a green flek in the material. I'm not a big fan of the plain grey / g60 cloth interiors, although what I believe is the latest interior is quite nice.

There was a cream leather interior on eBay an hour ago but just looked again and it's gone already...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Cream-Leather-Interior-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-G60-VR6-16V-Door-Cards-Seats-etc-/162621885865?hash=item25dd050da9:g:J3YAAOSwqYdZhMrv

That's an early interior with switches on the door card, not the door pocket

Did you put a new rad switch in to fix the only stage 3 fan issue.

I did replace that sensor but it made no difference. I bridged the wires and what I believe was a slower fan came on so think the wiring is ok. I have a third relay switch/box to try but I haven't had the opportunity to take the car on a long drive for a while so not been up to temp...

Strange. I had a similar issue to you, changed everything I thought it could be and was old, still the same. It wasn't till I put a new rad on with a new vw rad sensor that it worked properly after 20 miles or so.

Hi all, been a while since posting. Been too busy enjoying the car as a daily driver rather than tinkering with it...

I’m trying to tidy the interior a little bit. The drivers rear door card doesn’t clip on at the b pillar where the seat belt comes up. Hope to show this in the picture. I think I’m missing a clip of some kind? Anyone help?[ATTACH]93103[/ATTACH]

It’s obviously just a minor thing but I’d like to sort it. Might help the card stay in under the door runner at the bottom too...

...9086f055a6ea84f8bca2010deebc9ddf.jpg

Having taken this off myself today it looks to me like the plastic clip isn't in the hole. It sits about 1.5 inches down from the top. If they don't go in straight they tend to squash up.

They are a bit fiddly. I put the top one in first nearest the head rest , then the one by the runner .

Thanks guys. I think maybe I’m missing something on the body side. All that’s there is a large screw head...?

Need to take a proper look in slow time over the weekend...

Thanks guys. I think maybe I’m missing something on the body side. All that’s there is a large screw head...?

Need to take a proper look in slow time over the weekend...

If I remember rightly, there is a screw at the top that goes through the seat belt plastic trim and another at the bottom by the sill strip . The rest is held on with the clips .

Rob wasnt the screw at the top just for the pillar trim? I might be mistaken though.

There is a clip towards the back and top section of the card, near to the rear seatbelt slot. Drop the seat back and line this one up first - it really is fiddly because the curved edge on the doorcard obscures the view to its mounting hole.

There are then a few more clips, one further across the upper section nearer the front seatbelt, and around 3 along this front edge. Take your time lining them up before pressing into place because, as gotvach mentions they squash up if not aligned properly.

Once the doorcard is fitted, when you put the scuff plate trim on, pull it firmly backward to ensure the 'leg' on the doorcard back is just under the scuff plate. That'll help it being kicked off and broken - like mine have been :(

Rob wasnt the screw at the top just for the pillar trim? I might be mistaken though.

There is a clip towards the back and top section of the card, near to the rear seatbelt slot. Drop the seat back and line this one up first - it really is fiddly because the curved edge on the doorcard obscures the view to its mounting hole.

There are then a few more clips, one further across the upper section nearer the front seatbelt, and around 3 along this front edge. Take your time lining them up before pressing into place because, as gotvach mentions they squash up if not aligned properly.

Once the doorcard is fitted, when you put the scuff plate trim on, pull it firmly backward to ensure the 'leg' on the doorcard back is just under the scuff plate. That'll help it being kicked off and broken - like mine have been :(

It could be Hasan , you could be right mate . It’s self explanatory really when you see the holes in the cards I suppose.

Here's the backside of that trim. So three clips and a screw towards the door.

71edadf2bb69906f951d2783b2a5c87e.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Here's the backside of that trim. So three clips and a screw towards the door.

71edadf2bb69906f951d2783b2a5c87e.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hi, that will help for sure. Ive had no time to look over a busy weekend but from advice above I’ll remove the door card and see about getting the front end fitted in first and then the bit toward the back of the car.

Cheers all.

Hi all, finally had a chance to look at this issue and it seems I am missing the two top clips as in the pictures above that sit towards the door. Does anyone know where I can get replacements? I have the fitting for them (metal bits) but the pointy plastic bits are gone. Also, the ones along the top have been damaged quite badly so wont grip when pushed to the bodywork of the car...

Any help appreciated!

Kieran

A part look up on the clip says they're 823867299 and, dare I say it, readily available.

A part look up on the clip says they're 823867299 and, dare I say it, readily available.

Thanks for the Part Number - just ordered a pack of ten so hope to sort soon!