blue95

Storm clean up

Been a while since my last Corrado...pics of latest:

Passed the MOT today, no advisories :D

Leaving it as OEM as poss

Edited by blue95

First job rad flange, the old one had split into two surprised it didn't spew everywhere

Cheers all, couple of the usual jobs to do headlining, heater fans, and general maintenance - bushes, hoses etc.

Welcome back. Looks like a great car. I too am back in one after a 2 year absence. It's so good to be in a VR again

Edited by Billzeebub

Looks great that. The left side rear lights are just slightly out of line, me being a but ocd. They are quite easy to adjust.

Not usually one to get excited about cleaning but love the Megs interior cleaner awesome stuff, shifted 22 years of grime with great results.

Still drying and needs a final hoover

..where does the time go!?

-Sunroof seal replaced

-Cracked centre console replaced

-Blown speakers replaced

-Alpine head unit fitted

-Headlining replaced - Materials purchased from http://www.martrim.co.uk/ cost no more than £45

Good work on the headlining. Mine's just starting to let go in a couple of places, so I might have to follow your example.

Once it starts going it starts spewing glue fragments everywhere...well worth having a bash....was quoted £400 :0

Nice Storm and good work on the bits you've done. I will need to do the headlining on my own at some point - thanks for the link.

..where does the time go!?

-Sunroof seal replaced

-Cracked centre console replaced

-Blown speakers replaced

-Alpine head unit fitted

-Headlining replaced - Materials purchased from http://www.martrim.co.uk/ cost no more than £45

Which speakers did you use as replacements?

Cheers all, beige is nice but seems to get dirty as you look at it lol.

Speakers wise, I had budgeted of no ore than £100, I opted for alpine direct fit speakers:

Halfords (door speakers £27: http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/car-speakers/alpine-5-25-coaxial-2-way-custom-fit-speakers?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Car+Audio-_-Car+Speakers-_-335570&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=lwqmtx&istBid=tzwt&_$ja=tsid:94971|cid:868555897|agid:49387676532|tid:pla-400409308220|crid:203456299587|nw:g|rnd:12106561223803792869|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:1007080&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIptC3v8qi2QIVw7ztCh3u1glrEAQYASABEgKk8fD_BwE

Dash and rears from ebay £66 comes with adapters: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Alpine-speakers-kit-for-VW-Volkswagen-Corrado-10-1988-12-1995-with-adapters/281888201544?hash=item41a1d89b48:g:Nr8AAOSwo3pWctCn

Plus extra set of adaptors off ebay £2.50.

I'm not a music junkie, for the price it is good, massive improvement over my blown speakers!

Back to OEM rims...fresh from Pristine in MK.

Grey looks nice, just prefer silver...must be getting too old.

New rims finally fitted (too much time on the other project), pics in the sun really show off the pearl green paint

Plans are to paint the carriers and rear calipers, and change the suspension to koni shocks + H&R springs, coilovers are just not right for this car.