blue95

New Project VR6 Supercharged

Cheers dox.

Forced induction definitely gives you a silly grin, but reduces distance between fuel stops

Cheers dox.

Forced induction definitely gives you a silly grin, but reduces distance between fuel stops

That's not a grin, it was fear being in your car Shaun.

Been a while....i decided to stick with the VR...few updates below 🙂

This wont be a show car by anystrech, just a well sorted solid car

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5542.jpg

IMG_2346_1.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

100 percent some nice goodies- there is a black schrick vgi for sale on corrado chat FB - seller asking 1600 euro and it complete apparently. 

I like how you’ve marked the bolts to indicate they are tight and if they’ve moved. Nice. 

22 hours ago, branty said:

Looking good, got some nice goodies there! I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Managed to collect quite a few nice bits over the years, which I might get to use now 🙂

17 hours ago, Keyo said:

100 percent some nice goodies- there is a black schrick vgi for sale on corrado chat FB - seller asking 1600 euro and it complete apparently. 

Damn thats big money considering how depressed the market is...saw a nice SP inlet complete with all gubbins on FB for £700..bargain

16 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I like how you’ve marked the bolts to indicate they are tight and if they’ve moved. Nice. 

Cheers...its shocking how forgetfull I have gotten , not to mention paranoid lol

Few more pics.....suddenly these past few weeks have alot more time on my hands 😞

Next job...have a bash with rubbing compund in the bay and polish, then tidy up the messy wiring

IMG_6330.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

Edited by blue95

Other bits added, VT mounts all round, polybushes all round, new drop links, ball joints, various bits powder coated, new brake shields all round etc, eibach arbs, stainless tank straps.  Also have new driveshafts to fit, brake lines (courtesy of Alex), and brakes TT 312mm up front and R32 vented on the rear along with stainless braided hoses.  The brakes wont be done for some time...I will do a right up on the rear as also planning on changing the taper bearings to normal bearings.

Also have a eibach front brace, which I wont fit...too much bling

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5928.jpg

IMG_5929.jpg

Edited by blue95

Definitely looking nice. Supercharged is just a dream for me. Keep us all posted 👌

** Rust Warning **

Was on the verge of putting the engine back in, thought I would clean the scuttle area.... gutted to find rust lurking in the scuttle area under the bitumen sound deadening.... looks like it’s a dash out repair 😞.  Was very P'd off yesterday, however new day and all that...will give me a chance to tidy wiring and replace the heater matrix

I would recommend all owners check the condition of their cars scuttle area, or check fro under the dash area.  The damage appears to be localised to low points/contours where water appears to have collected/become trapped and reacted over time.

D40DFE21-8279-4E76-8E1E-7ECB75D2B128.JPG

Edited by blue95

Without removing the sound deadening part, was it slightly noticeable? 

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

Yep the bitumen looked slightly different.

the rest peeled off easily enough as well, guess after 25 years its given a good service 

4 hours ago, Cressa said:

A worry for us all. But I think this is the exception not the rule. Others my say different but I’ve not noticed this being a problem area on current or previous cars, but definitely worth a check. 

what would you replace it with?  I'd be wary of any open cell type of product but would any vibration damper like damplifier add any benefit?

1 hour ago, fla said:

what would you replace it with?  I'd be wary of any open cell type of product but would any vibration damper like damplifier add any benefit?

Once sorted just going to paint, there is already sound deadening inside, so might just add another layer internally

Edited by blue95

OK welding will have to wait, to cheer mself up and after much messing arround engine finally in, happy as I have space in my garage and can chuck in loads more bits as well.  Also started wrapping the loom and swapping out bolts and clips for stainless items.

picx.JPG

No major updates...just fitted some new tower linkage arms, and trail fitted a few bits.....any tips on adjusting appreciated as I have now lost 2nd gear 😞

IMG_7657.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

Also got hold of some panels (scuttle area and bottom of A posts) courtesy of Corrado Graveyard (James Darby)..if you need some bits he is the guy 😎

96E74A4E-D726-403E-A66F-6E68C7F3DAD3.JPG

3C963899-64E8-4E4C-BF62-0B05798C99F4.JPG

Damn your engine does look good 👍. Can I ask where your Schrick rpm controller is?

Sorry I cant help with the gearbox,  not touched mine yet. Have you changed your gearbox oil at all? I know it's not related,  just wondering what you used 😇

4 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Damn your engine does look good 👍. Can I ask where your Schrick rpm controller is?

Sorry I cant help with the gearbox,  not touched mine yet. Have you changed your gearbox oil at all? I know it's not related,  just wondering what you used 😇

Cheers, rpm controller located in the scuttle area, near the ecu, will all be covered with swg panel.

for the box I used 2 x RED LINE Synthetic Manual Transmission 90 MT90 75W-90 GL4 - 1 US Quart (0.946 litre)

Edited by blue95