blue95

New Project VR6 Supercharged

Opened another can of worms....love it though

Nice nick Vr6....some electrical gremlins, and persistent water leaks, having stripped confirmed matrix OK, however fan seal had perished and door membrane leaking + 1 membrane missing altoghter! No wonder it smelts of dirty socks in there.

Opened another can of worms....love it though

Nice nick Vr6....some electrical gremlins, and persistent water leaks, having stripped confirmed matrix OK, however fan seal had perished and door membrane leaking + 1 membrane missing altoghter! No wonder it smelts of dirty socks in there.

Great work , I can’t see the pics though , I will take a look at the forum without using Tapatalk and see if they come up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck,will be following this closely,I know you’ll make a good job of it.I was at Santa Pod on the weekend and would love to see the finished car go down the strip.Where are the front seats :shrug:

Good luck,will be following this closely,I know you’ll make a good job of it.I was at Santa Pod on the weekend and would love to see the finished car go down the strip.Where are the front seats :shrug:

LOL

Hoping to have this back on the road in a few months, dont want to hangabout

As for the new seats......and the rest of the interior all cleaned and ready to go back in, after removal and treatment of some rust.

Edited by blue95

Hmmm unsure, like the wheels....undecided about the colour....completely messed up the great handling....unfortunately necessary evil as the brakes have to be upgraded as existing brakes have tendency to fade and smoke with heavy use :)

Finally started work on the car again, plan to give a clean, de-rust where I can, weld where needed and paint where needed...will chuck some other bits in that I have been collecting as well such as samco hose set, vibratrchnics engine mounts, poly bushes, bigger brakes all round...generaly car is not in bad nick rust wise.

Blue? How does the Schrick manage the supercharger? An issues with the flap not moving due to the increased pressure on it? Just thinking about engine mods again...

Blue? How does the Schrick manage the supercharger? An issues with the flap not moving due to the increased pressure on it? Just thinking about engine mods again...

The charger only provides a mild boost, the flap in the manifold is tiny, so doubt the low boost will do much to restrict it...almost not sure wether to just sell the schrick and stick and shorter intake on it.

Biggest issue I have at the moment is the loom, I have a mate who does resto who will be taking a look tonight :)

Looks like you have some impressive mods going on that car

Cheers, not going to be a resto, just want to keep it on the road for a good few more years....brakes are necessity, they have a tendency to smoke when I drive hard lol

Stealth put TT fronts on for me, made a load of difference although you'll have a lot more bhp

Stealth put TT fronts on for me, made a load of difference although you'll have a lot more bhp

Going with TT fronts as well with drilled/grooved discs, not going to bother with Brembos as I want to keep a similar brake pedal feel. Rears will be upgraded to TT as well with vented and drilled/grooved discs

Edited by blue95

Hit a bit of a crossroads with the project....need to sort some rust before I progress.....which is fine....however this has got me thinking which direction I want to take the car, the effort i want to put in and how usable I want the car longer term. As such I am thinking about 2 very different directions after sorting the bodywork:

1. Rebuild as is VR6 > Schrick > Charger etc etc - Concerns are wiring engine loom is crispy and have replaced several sections/plugs allready + general maintainence of a modded car

2. Buy a modern car with a tfsi/tsi lump and trasnplant everything over e.g engine, box, loom, dash the lot

with Option 2 being funded by all the bits I have gathered for option 1 e.g. charger, schrick, never run VR6 lump, vr6 box with peloquin diff, schrick cams, VT engine mounts

Needless to say I am stuck a I do love the VR lump, but just thinking about the future, the effort I put on now and how much effort I may or may not be able to put in, in the future...any comments, guidance or thoughts welcome'd

Edited by blue95

Hmm both options are a lot of work, intially I thought as your VR6 loom has seen better days perhaps going down the tfsi route is problem solved. However either way you're going to be doing a lot of wiring work.

TFSI will see more power for better value and probably will be more reliable. It's also pretty rare in the Corrado but very common out on the road. Only other downside is that the engine sounds like any other 2.0 4pot turbo. I see from your sig you do have another VR6 though so maybe this will be different enough and would a VR6 Supercharged+ dilute your standard storm VR6 too much?

Hmm both options are a lot of work, intially I thought as your VR6 loom has seen better days perhaps going down the tfsi route is problem solved. However either way you're going to be doing a lot of wiring work.

TFSI will see more power for better value and probably will be more reliable. It's also pretty rare in the Corrado but very common out on the road. Only other downside is that the engine sounds like any other 2.0 4pot turbo. I see from your sig you do have another VR6 though so maybe this will be different enough and would a VR6 Supercharged+ dilute your standard storm VR6 too much?

Should update my footer...down to 1 Corrado now...gone mull over the decision for a few days...if nice bits start appearing in parts for sale the decision been made lol

CR dropped for FI, Schrick cams fitted :)

Unable to attach pics :(

Edited by blue95

It must be cause I is old. But what is CR and Fl

Compression Ratio

Forced Induction