blue95

Issues staying logged in

Keep getting logged out of the forum when posting messages, PM'ing, or trying to view larger pics. Have tried multiple browsers and OS's same issue. Have to login multiple times and post same message several times before it sticks

I've been having this issue for a few weeks. I've tried using different OS (Win 7, Win 10, Linux Mint, IOS) and several different browsers.

I get logged out when I move from one page to another or when I try to edit a post / send a PM.

Tried resetting my password which didn't help.

In fact when I tried to edit this post i got a pop up stating 'You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.'

Took 2 or 3 goes to get the edit to take.

Edited by marks2

I've been having this issue for a few weeks. I've tried using different OS (Win 7, Win 10, Linux Mint, IOS) and several different browsers.

I get logged out when I move from one page to another or when I try to edit a post / send a PM.

Tried resetting my password which didn't help.

In fact when I tried to edit this post i got a pop up stating 'You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.'

Took 2 or 3 goes to get the edit to take.

Afternoon Gents,

Yeah, I've had the same experience as you all over the last few weeks / months, and it was infuriating so I share your pain... I solved it by ticking the Remember Me checkbox just below the password input box on the log in screen and it's been fine ever since, no random logging out at all and when one logs out you still gets the usual 'all cookies cleared' message in the centre of the screen.

I aways / only ever use Firefox for the Forum.

Hope this helps.

This worked for me..thanks mate

Afternoon Gents,

Yeah, I've had the same experience as you all over the last few weeks / months, and it was infuriating so I share your pain... I solved it by ticking the Remember Me checkbox just below the password input box on the log in screen and it's been fine ever since, no random logging out at all and when one logs out you still gets the usual 'all cookies cleared' message in the centre of the screen.

I aways / only ever use Firefox for the Forum.

Hope this helps.

It seems that if I do anything at all, change pages, write a post, etc, I always get logged out. I've cleared cookies, rebooted, changed browsers, etc, but it hasn't helped. I can log in ok, but doing anything after that gets me logged out even though "remember me" is checked. Its almost like the timeout for auto logoff is set to 30 seconds or something.

PS Curiously, I just sent a note to Jim the admin, but was redirected to the login page instead, so I rewrote it, and was notified I have to wait 60 seconds to make another post. But since I apparently wasn't logged in when I made the first one, why is it telling me to wait 60 seconds? It seems to know I just made a post so I must have been logged in, but then keeps redirecting me to the login page as if it doesn't.

I had the same issue was forever getting logged out, also tapatalk is still not working for this forum what are the admins doing?

Edited by Dogma

I solved it by ticking the Remember Me checkbox just below the password input box on the log in screen and it's been fine ever since

As above that's all I did as well and it works,

tried it on Windows 7, 8 & 8.1

The Tapatalk is possibly a separate issue.

Si

Edited by vw rule

I was on Tapatalk yesterday evening and replied to a couple of threads, but within 3 minutes of doing so they were lost in space so to speak,

I can log into Tapatalk ok but have the error as above where my thread reply goes missing,

basically it's not saving any updates to threads, and when I click on to the advanced icon if I want to upload a photo, there's zero options available, all you can do is reply to a thread, but the app isn't saving any updated message.

So you're just p***ing in the wind constantly :shrug:

Looks to me as if the app has crashed or is corrupted, also if you sign in it throws you out, plus even if you click on the remember me option, it allows you to stayed signed in but again after a while it still throws you out.

I wounder if the Tapatalk app has slightly disrupted the main forum, causing some of us problems including not being able to upload photos ?????

It's either get the error / issue fixed or completely ditch this Tapatalk app because at the moment it's no good for anyone.

Si

Is the staying logged in problem ever likely to be resolved? I have to repeatedly log in over and over again after doing anything at all, and it's become very tiresome. I don't even bother much at this point, so wanted to know if it will be fixed anytime soon, or if it's a lost cause. Of course, I was logged out again trying to post this.

I think there are issues with cloudflare's hosting, I keep getting their "site not responding" page periodically. As a general comment sadly I think the wind has gone out of the Corrado Forum's sails. It's very quiet around here compared to ten years ago.

I think there are issues with cloudflare's hosting, I keep getting their "site not responding" page periodically. As a general comment sadly I think the wind has gone out of the Corrado Forum's sails. It's very quiet around here compared to ten years ago.

I never seem to get logged out? Using safari on my iPhone. Can’t remember the last time I saw the cloudflare or the girls bum picture:)

Never any issues with explorer on laptop or safari ipad / phone.

The forum is on a slow decline for sure

When you login if you tick the "remember me" box it should keep you logged in, otherwise it seems to forget who you are by the next page load.

When you login if you tick the "remember me" box it should keep you logged in, otherwise it seems to forget who you are by the next page load.

I tried that before but it made no difference. I have it checked right now, so I'll see if this posts.