Keyo

Black magic returns home

15 hours ago, Keyo said:

Guys remember the Corrado in this video= look what is for bloomin sale has no V5. Advert title says needs a tidy up ha ha . 

Hello,

It was running when parked, It has 115000 miles on it.

NO V5, all the serial and VIN numbers are on there to apply.

Leather interior 
needs a complete clean and check to get back on the road, the back brakes are locked on. flat tires etc.
no rust.
It is what it is.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Corrado-1996-spares-repairs/324267514585?hash=item4b7fd99ad9:g:~1oAAOSwGYFfPlPD

wow & it still sold for over £2k in that state!!

2 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

wow & it still sold for over £2k in that state!!

That can only help with insurance valuations. Get a screen shot of the ended listing and date sold. 

9 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

That can only help with insurance valuations. Get a screen shot of the ended listing and date sold. 

indeed it must

that one makes my valver look awesome PMSL

Hmmm - will be interesting to see where that ends up - parted out or restored.  It's quite a lot of money for one in that condition - but could steal bring in a few grand if broken. Not having a V5 won't help its case.

Different seller? Must be the scrap marker right. Shame the first seller wasn't so honest.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Close match to colour and condition though. I only spotted as the other car had a fairly rare 6 digit plate.

9 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I wonder how that slam panel got damaged

Bonnet cable snap and the  used a crowbar to open ? 

wow that is serious money for that car even with that mileage and colour

remember the golf rallye was a total failure for volkswagen and having owned one you quickly get used to the left hand drive but with switching vehicles i was caught out several times especially at petrol stations going to the wrong door after paying!

2 hours ago, ger040 said:

wow that is serious money for that car even with that mileage and colour

remember the golf rallye was a total failure for volkswagen and having owned one you quickly get used to the left hand drive but with switching vehicles i was caught out several times especially at petrol stations going to the wrong door after paying!

Im not sure if its true but someone told me the 16V was quicker than a rallye once it had worn the engine in. 

Probably is true, I have read in a few places and there is a video on YouTube somewhere showing a new vs 60k example of a 16v up a drag strip. The run in car was a good few car lengths ahead. Wouldnt be surprised if a stock 16v mk2 puts put more than the book figures.

I love the noise of the KR when you are 7k revs and above almost feels like a race engine working it ass off. They do feel really slow low down in the revs  though compared to a modern turbo car.   

Edited by Keyo

They sound great, would love a passenger spin in yours. The Corrado 2.0 16v is different - it has midrange but runs out of puff above 6k. It did feel more muscular in the midrange than I was expecting but so do diesels and they are disappointing when you want to have fun.

If i can be bothered to go to the effort I will change the inlet cam to a KR and get it remapped at stealth. Might turn it into something inbetween the KR 16v and 9a 16v.

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Im not sure if its true but someone told me the 16V was quicker than a rallye once it had worn the engine in. 

yes the 16v golf will easily beat a rallye (standard) but a 4 wheel drive golf is a unique experience when thrown about

18 minutes ago, ger040 said:

yes the 16v golf will easily beat a rallye (standard) but a 4 wheel drive golf is a unique experience when thrown about. I really like the sound of these G60 16V blocks that were frankensteined together. The MK2 golf Limited.  

Perfect for Irish roads I imagine the awd- would love a go in one some day to see what they are like- love the box arches on them. 

Edited by Keyo

When I bought my first Corrado 16v, it was either that or a blue Rallye (being sold by a neighbour) for the same money (£5k). 

The Rallye was stock as a rock, handled awful through the local roads and didn’t even feel “quick”. Nearly breaking my left hand knuckles when going for gear changes sealed the decision. The Corrado was a revelation in comparison.

Fast forward twenty five years and yes the smart decision would have been to get the Rallye. But it was just so cumbersome (and all the neighbours just thought it was a standard golf with a bad body kit. Anyone remember Dimma ?), I would imagine it would have been chopped in many years ago anyway.

5 hours ago, James. said:

When I bought my first Corrado 16v, it was either that or a blue Rallye (being sold by a neighbour) for the same money (£5k). 

The Rallye was stock as a rock, handled awful through the local roads and didn’t even feel “quick”. Nearly breaking my left hand knuckles when going for gear changes sealed the decision. The Corrado was a revelation in comparison.

Fast forward twenty five years and yes the smart decision would have been to get the Rallye. But it was just so cumbersome (and all the neighbours just thought it was a standard golf with a bad body kit. Anyone remember Dimma ?), I would imagine it would have been chopped in many years ago anyway.

Its crazy money really - 964 have started to come down a bit now and I saw a guards red one sell for just a wee bit more than the asking price of this Rallye

Edited by Keyo

Yep that’s the one (obviously not the exact one).

A few years (and a pay rise or two) later I passed up another lefty. This time a 964 in amethyst red with matching interior. A friend was moving up to a 964 turbo so duly took it out for a test. And oh yes a heavy right foot and letting off in a tight corner caused a squeaky bum and the obligatory “pendulum effect”. Safe to say I scared myself out of that purchase.

Shame really, as It still to this day astonishes me how a car can sit at 60 in a 30 and feel completely normal.

Probably best I left it alone (for the licence sake). But in terms of automotive regret, It still pains me as the car I should have bought. 

On 8/28/2020 at 11:02 PM, pfnsht said:

Different seller? Must be the scrap marker right. Shame the first seller wasn't so honest.

Back on the market the winning bidder must of woke up and realised they should be banned from ebay. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Corrado-1996-spares-repairs/324280245499?hash=item4b809bdcfb:g:~1oAAOSwGYFfPlPD