Keyo

What 80's - 90s cars for sale have caught your eye recently.

33 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Four pages full of corrado on the classifieds in Germany. 

Fair few with recaro seats and G60 Nothelle- also a rar Irish Green with Recaro. 

Seen a couple for less then 4000 euro with recaro seats. 

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=12&pageNumber=5&scopeId=C&sfmr=false

A lot of strong prices too, most unlike the Corrado market here in the UK. I’ve never understood why the Corrado is so undersold here!

I don't think we are to far away , one thing you see is a lot of in Corrado owners is that they come in and out of ownership, there will be a day where supply outsrips demand. However it is interesting that we will only have 5 or 6 for sale on autotrader and they have four pages full and they still sell them for a lot more money, maybe they have earlier classic car tax and mot laws which make them more desirable. At least a quater of the cars have recaro seats and the ultra violet  seem pretty common. 

Another rare colour and with black recaro. I do see a certain seller in germany on ebay that gets hold of some of these seats and the sod sells the bases separately from the seats to maximise the value of them . 

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=298159519&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=12&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sfmr=false&action=topInCategory&searchId=9961484a-5701-f56e-01e1-7a748f386ea5

Edited by Keyo

Oooh an Exclusiv. I have a German brochure for that. Shame it’s a lefty.

Edited by James.

13 minutes ago, James. said:

Oooh an Exclusiv. I have a German brochure for that. Shame it’s a lefty.

Never knew it even existed, can see it was only available in Germany in 1993 and the colour was LC4U violet pearl. 

Edited by Keyo

That’s the puppy. It was just a marketing exercise by the looks of it: Blackberry metallic and a leather interior. Plus that all important “Exclusiv” label (but without the badges !)

3 minutes ago, James. said:

That’s the puppy. It was just a marketing exercise by the looks of it: Blackberry metallic and a leather interior. Plus that all important “Exclusiv” label (but without the badges !)

James would you mind if I ask are you the chap that had the campaign at auction recently ?

Cheers. 

15 hours ago, Keyo said:

James would you mind if I ask are you the chap that had the campaign at auction recently ?

Cheers. 

Don't mind at all. No, that's not me. But I do have one. I wondered how long it would be before we were mixed up. Must be something in the name and the car.

Lucky young chap here just coming into the corrado world - don't think he is aware they are motorsport alloys - they certainly don't have the correct caps - also got the gauge pods , not often you can pick a car up with good paint and a couple of nice options- apparently it sold within 3 hrs .  Wonder if this car was a members off here , feel sorry for them if they had to sell because of covid and all there hard work and sourcing was passed onto the buyer.  By the looks of the trims and everything the car is in good condition  . Don't like the look of the plume of white smoke though when he accelerates 8.13     

Edited by Keyo

Wait til winter then! White smoke isn't a worry, it's blue or black that'll cost you money! The stainless exhausts hold a fair bit of moisture so when running from cold - especially in winter, you'll see quite a bit of white smoke (steam) emitting from it.

1 hour ago, seanl82 said:

Wait til winter then! White smoke isn't a worry, it's blue or black that'll cost you money! The stainless exhausts hold a fair bit of moisture so when running from cold - especially in winter, you'll see quite a bit of white smoke (steam) emitting from it.

Thing is Sean that was in summer after the car is warmed - that is oil passing through chap burning off- probably leaky vavle seals or if engine never rebuild ovulated cylinders. 

Burning oil gives off a blue tinged smoke mate. You can smell it as well if it's bad. If it's constant White smoke then it could be burning water indicating water/coolant in the system. I've not watched the vid admittedly, but a bit on blipping the throttle from start up is quite normal especially in older cars. Black smoke usually indicates a mixture issue - usually if running too rich so overfuelling. As with all of the above, a little on revving up usually isn't anything to worry about. On over run though as you come off the throttle and revs are dropping or as mentioned if it's constant, that's usually a sign something is wrong.

Edited by seanl82

With my car you could smell the oil burning and also high oil consumption - just had to go ahead and get her rebuilt- well worth it though got no regrets what so ever. 

My latest addition in the garage, that I got a few months ago. To think that this is a car deigned in the 80s is mind blowing. Making just over 400bhp @0.9bar, but I need a stand alone ECU to before turning the boost up to try getting about 500bhp.

Won it in an online raffle, so only cost 40 quid, 2 tickets at 20 notes each 😁

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200507185523816_COVER.jpg

10 hours ago, Keyo said:

Which raffle company sounds good ha !

7 days performance. Great bunch of guys!

Jammy is right, car is in great shape for a 30 year old bomb. But it's caused my plans for the vr6 to go on hold.

I'll have to sort out the sill repairs on the radio, I've been planning since I got the car over the next couple of months. And refresh the suspension at the same time, along with a set of different wheels for it. The vr6 is far more practical for everyday use, the skyline is a bit hard on the road, and a bit of a handful to use all the time.

That 968 is lovely - not an air-cooled engine, but none of them are anymore or are they? The only thing I'd say from talking to owners is that while parts are available, they are horrendously expensive - if you think Corrado tax is bad, Porsche tax is even higher.

31 minutes ago, fendervg said:

That 968 is lovely - not an air-cooled engine, but none of them are anymore or are they? The only thing I'd say from talking to owners is that while parts are available, they are horrendously expensive - if you think Corrado tax is bad, Porsche tax is even higher.

Its a front mounted / rear transaxle 3L inline 4, not a rear mounted flat 6.

I've always wanted a 944 S2, prices have taken off for decent ones, my next door neighbour has an air cooled 911SC for sale if you have £50K?

lol: let me check down the back of the couch.........dang, just a bill for VR6 road tax and a credit card statement for VW Classic Parts purchases!

Point taken on the engine configuration - I did realise the difference between the classic air cooled flat six in the rear and the 924/928/944/968 front water cooleds, but there used to be a lot of debate on what constitutes a "proper" Porsche when these came out. and I suppose to this day with the likes of the Cayman/"Canyonero" etc.

I suppose my idea of a Porsche was always a 70s 911, something like what Saga Noren drives in "The Bridge". I'll keep looking under the couch.....

Thats the thing although its a pokey 3.0 16V 4 cylinder It would be ace with a 6 cylinder - Jeremy clarkson did a review way back. Love the front nose on it - just like the 993. Ive given up with 996 the engines are just  chocolate kettles - I'm not going to bore you with it but have several mad 996 stories about owning and researching ones when looking to buy one- some of the things I found out ringing up the garage from old reciepts checking up was just crazy - Turbo and gt3 fine but anything 996 1998 to 997 2009 I would avoid . Gen 2 997 fine but youll pay for that as folks also know that is safe from that one. 

Dox have a 16K budget after selling the MK7 golf - if a bargain comes up Im tempted or might replace one of my old transit LWB pick ups for the smog charge coming into Brum, although the wagon is old it is a good runner just needs a bit of welding on the chassis. Its a Mk6 truck and I also have a MK7 and the Mk6 has a lot less issues. The newer they get the more seems to go wrong for some reason - turbo - sensors -  - egr- engine eating its own crap - electric windows grrrr.  I won 5 venhicles at the moment includes trucks so down sizing would be the sensible thing to do I guess.

So what would you guys get for 16K ? 

Edited by Keyo

Even has a sun visor stripe on the windscreen! The Jag looks like it could just roll over the 968 and squash it though.....