Cressa

Karmann the Corrado

Sounds good to me. I didnt do German so had Google translate tell meย  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

14 hours ago, Cressa said:

And after something Keyo said about the corrado glass sticker, which I had also seen but no further info. So I put them on the order. Here they areย 

Bitte nicht streicheln

please do not stroke ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜Š

As the picture, there is an outside one and an inside one.ย 

What do you think?ย 

20210708_192554.jpg

ha ha they are great m8!!! ๐Ÿ˜„

6 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

ha ha they are great m8!!! ๐Ÿ˜„

Not even ยฃ2 each, so was worth a cheeky order with my other bits ๐Ÿ‘

And I managed to fit the little rubber that was missing from the boot popper. Said NLA but is available from Classic !! and it also fits inย the dash holes as well as the handbrake rest

ย 

20210708_193320.jpg

20210708_193456.jpg

20210708_193407.jpg

I never noticedย they had that rubber for the boot popper, checked mine and it is there but quite flattenedย ๐Ÿ˜„

On 7/12/2021 at 9:38 PM, GrahamU said:

I never noticedย they had that rubber for the boot popper, checked mine and it is there but quite flattenedย ๐Ÿ˜„

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

I may be quieter on her for a little while, as I have got another project. Like others, a mk2 early Golf Gti ridiculous purchaseย that does not run!! Atleast the Corrado did when I first got her.

It's nice( no it isnt), but it certainly isnt as gorgeous as Karmann who has the garage space and will NOT be giving it up.ย 

But this wont stop me from using or spoiling Karmann,ย the Corrado is a childhood dream. She will always need constant attention. ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

I may be quieter on her for a little while, as I have got another project. Like others, a mk2 early Golf Gti ridiculous purchaseย that does not run!! Atleast the Corrado did when I first got her.

It's nice( no it isnt), but it certainly isnt as gorgeous as Karmann who has the garage space and will NOT be giving it up.ย 

But this wont stop me from using or spoiling Karmann,ย the Corrado is a childhood dream. She will always need constant attention. ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

Post some pics of what madness youโ€™ve bought then

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Post some pics of what madness youโ€™ve bought then

pics info - interior- story . Lets see her.ย 

They still make a great daily very comfortable car with a huge boot and good mpg.ย ย 

A very early one. Surprisingly the bodywork isn't too bad, yet.... only the petrol cap uses a different key. No leccy windows or central locking but plenty of electrical issues, the challenge I like. Hopefully I can get it running but for now the intank pump and relay are faulty. Lots of missing trim and the early interior is baaad ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Šย 

20210718_134918.jpg

20210718_133254.jpg

20210718_133314.jpg

20210718_133330.jpg

20210718_133350.jpg

20210718_134908.jpg

Nice! Seeing this is making me want to keep my mk2 project that I had spent weeks coaxing myself into selling.

I canโ€™t help myself

What did the wife say. I couldnโ€™t tell you what mine would of said.ย 
whatโ€™s going on with theย extra hole in the hatch, surely not 2 wipers ๐Ÿคฃ

5 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I canโ€™t help myself

Is that where the washer jet used to be? Looks like it might have been leaking.........I can't actually remember what was there on my Mk2

22 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Is that where the washer jet used to be? Looks like it might have been leaking.........I can't actually remember what was there on my Mk2

It is the washer jet as you say

20210628-190159.jpg

Its a very common place to go - can buy the original decal from classics and the jet nozzle and gasketย for the tailgate surround- best to source a new tailgate or a donor one to make a cut out.ย 

It is definitely the rear wash wipe ๐Ÿ˜‚ and is still their. If the rust is bad I will sort a repair, but it surface for now.ย 

But it does need welding at its lower rear arch points, nothing major ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

That's going to be a fun project! Makes me think of the one I used to have. Maybe I should look around! I love those P-slot rims, I had polished them mirror back in the days, took so much time... That interior is super nice as well! Good luck and have fun with it!ย 

20 hours ago, fendervg said:

Love the early steering wheel!

So do I, know that it works.ย 

14 hours ago, MJA said:

Nice! Seeing this is making me want to keep my mk2 project that I had spent weeks coaxing myself into selling.

๐Ÿ˜‚ Dont blame meย 

ย 

14 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I canโ€™t help myself

The GF told me to buy it!! I said the end of the number plate is perfect for her , DYM (dim) ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

6 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

That's going to be a fun project! Makes me think of the one I used to have. Maybe I should look around! I love those P-slot rims, I had polished them mirror back in the days, took so much time... That interior is super nice as well! Good luck and have fun with it!ย 

It is keeping me busy de-rusting at a back arch for now. Polished p-slots did look great. I am unsure whether to keep these as it is all original , hmm

Still not as nice as a Corrado

ย 

Used the Corrado for a 90 mile trip today. Damn I enjoy itย  Running happily and herย MOT booked for Monday. Must get the tracking checked since I changed with the driveshaft, then I can fit a different steering wheel... watch this space.ย 

I hope everyone is getting to enjoy their carsย 

Edited by Cressa
Spell check..

Took Karmann for her MOT yesterday and she FAILED!! On suspension arm to ball joint dangerously loose.... so I took her back home, jacked her up and wheel off, nothing obvious when shaking things. Nothing obvious when I got the socket set on it. I had to get my breaker bar out just to move the 3 nuts on the ball joint and the two on the suspension leg. So disappointingly I've brought it back for a retest without actually finding a fault.ย 

Watch this space

13 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Took Karmann for her MOT yesterday and she FAILED!! On suspension arm to ball joint dangerously loose.... so I took her back home, jacked her up and wheel off, nothing obvious when shaking things. Nothing obvious when I got the socket set on it. I had to get my breaker bar out just to move the 3 nuts on the ball joint and the two on the suspension leg. So disappointingly I've brought it back for a retest without actually finding a fault.ย 

Watch this space

The tester I use would have let me under the car and showed the actual fault, if I'd gone off elsewhere he's have used yellow crayon to highlight any issues. If you've used 3 bolts with individual nuts are the nuts nyloc?

Tried the other side?

Just now, Dox said:

The tester I use would have let me under the car and showed the actual fault, if I'd gone off elsewhere he's have used yellow crayon to highlight any issues. If you've used 3 bolts with individual nuts are the nuts nyloc?

Tried the other side?

Did the nearside as this was the fail side andย checked the other side which doesnt move at all. I dont think I will be coming here again. They were keen to keep it and fix it the next day. ..

I remember when decent garages would mark the faulty items, that says a lot.

ย 

The poor old Corrado is stuck in the garage after being blocked in by the Mk2 golf pile of junk !!ย 

So I treated her to a different steering wheelย  whilst staying genuine. I have even managedย to source an overpriced Vw cupholder which I need to fix in place.ย 

ย 

20210904_150957.jpg

20210904_151047.jpg

20210904_151017.jpg

20210904_151200.jpg

Edited by Cressa