Cressa

Karmann the Corrado

I've had a couple of those cup holders over the years - they are great.They shouldn't cost you too much as they were originally made for Passat/T4 van and easily available if you know where to look. There is also a mounting plate the same size as the back of the cup holder that makes it sit about an inch further out and fixes it more securely, with a little dimple for your finger to go in as you flick it open. The grey versions are really rare, but sadly not an exact match for the Corrado platinum interior.

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Very nice additions there. Where did you get them from 

German ebay. With the help of Ronan that was posting on here as they wouldn't post to the UK

3 hours ago, Cressa said:

German ebay. With the help of Ronan that was posting on here as they wouldn't post to the UK

Good man. 
I got the same cup holder and put it in my other one years ago. Very useful addition but the rubber fell to hits in no time, get some gummi on it. 

Nice find on the parts. I had a similar problem with cars nose to tail and found it a pain when I had 3 lined up and wanted the back one out. Eventually your Corrado may have to come out of the garage to enable the mk2 to sit in bits for restoration ... My corrado lives under the carport attached to my garage ironic as I built the garage for the Corrado but need a workspace for the project car.

The corrado is NOT moving out the garage,  ha no way. But it is blocked in for now so I have Sorned her. £90 rebate in a cheque I think. 

I still love looking at her, but it kills me seeing her blocked in 😡

As a Corrado owner I take the rough with the smooth. 

The bloody lower cowling trim at the steering wheel didnt fit 😡 but swapping my power steering reservoir for a lovely clean version went smoothly. I removed the fluid using a trigger spray from a household bottle and sprayed it into another bottle. Created a mess free swap that did not take long at all.

Nice to end on a high

20211128_135130.jpg

I changed mine recently too. Just need a brake fluid reservoir now as it letting the side down but alas, NLA. 🙄

I like the easy ones. If you ever find the brake reservoir Sean,  get 2 mate..... mine needs to look nice too

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

I like the easy ones. If you ever find the brake reservoir Sean,  get 2 mate..... mine needs to look nice too

👍

On 11/28/2021 at 7:58 PM, seanl82 said:

I changed mine recently too. Just need a brake fluid reservoir now as it letting the side down but alas, NLA. 🙄

I cleaned the one off my bloody mk2 the other day and amazingly it came up looking great. 36yrs old. So I may have to try the same on the Corrado 

20220224_100659.jpg

Wow you sure did a good job cleaning it! What did you used? On my yellowed coolant bottle, I tried hair bleach + sun, peroxide, vinegar + baking soda, what else oh ya degreaser, rubbing alcohol, paint thinner. It improved a bit but it's definitely still looking yellow. I'm thinking of trying vapor blasting next. Cheers! 

Just now, Cressa said:

Pretty much all you said above, and a broken up dishwasher tablet works well too. 👌

Oh, I haven't thought of that one. Next on the list! 

I finally managed to have some Corrado time so set about  doing the little jobs.

Finally changed the NOS number plate light that Santa brought me

Fitted a cover to the diavia aircon relays that I got off of a breaker. I never new this part existed!! And took all of 30 seconds to push on 😂. I've only had it 6 weeks....( that gives me an idea for a thread)

Moved back the drivers door trim a couple of millimeters.  It was just catching the front wing somehow, but sorted now

To do:-

• Screw the cupholder into position 

• Trim the bonnet more as it is catching on the Schrick still

• Find a picture of the spring that is in the top adjustable steering wheel cover. So I can get mine to work...

Get her out for a de-dusting and well needed clean

20220226_121230.jpg

20220227_111014.jpg

20220227_112354.jpg

20220227_112359.jpg

20220226_120845.jpg

Good stuff. These sorts of things really make a difference.  Btw does your relay  cover clip on? mine just seems to be a kind of 'friction' fit

Just now, fla said:

Good stuff. These sorts of things really make a difference.  Btw does your relay  cover clip on? mine just seems to be a kind of 'friction' fit

Definitely friction fit, ridiculous really. Well done in also having this cover.

I wonder what else I have missing 😂

On 11/28/2021 at 8:03 PM, Cressa said:

I actually bought what was supposed to be a good low mileage ABS pump with pipes and reservoir recently. Pump turned out to be toast  but the reservoir is in really good shape and very clean in comparison to mine so it'll be going on shortly. 😁

On 11/28/2021 at 7:34 PM, Cressa said:

As a Corrado owner I take the rough with the smooth. 

The bloody lower cowling trim at the steering wheel didnt fit 😡 but swapping my power steering reservoir for a lovely clean version went smoothly. I removed the fluid using a trigger spray from a household bottle and sprayed it into another bottle. Created a mess free swap that did not take long at all.

Nice to end on a high

20211128_135130.jpg

Cressa, would you mind advising how you've routed your cable for the uprated loom, and where you've located things for the Schrick pls? My bay is quite a mess especially around the battery.  I've put the vacuum control on the bulkhead although it looks like you found a good place below the aircon relays.  I've tied the solenoid to the side of my aircon relays but not really happy with it tbh..

With the loom, have you clipped it to the front wing or let it run down behind the battery? Or indeed any other route?

Thanks

Hasan

The brake servo is a huge vac reservoir, you could tee into that after the non return.

It's not really good etiquete to use the braking system for anything other than brakes hence the plastic reservoir

41 minutes ago, fla said:

Cressa, would you mind advising how you've routed your cable for the uprated loom, and where you've located things for the Schrick pls? My bay is quite a mess especially around the battery.  I've put the vacuum control on the bulkhead although it looks like you found a good place below the aircon relays.  I've tied the solenoid to the side of my aircon relays but not really happy with it tbh..

With the loom, have you clipped it to the front wing or let it run down behind the battery? Or indeed any other route?

Thanks

Hasan

hi hassan

when i ran my new loom in the VR i managed to run it underneath the battery alongside where the other wiring runs in that area

this also allowed me just enough cable to stick the relays to the front of the washer bottle reservoir 

i did take a couple of pics but they are not the easiest to work out

20211021_121442.jpg

20211021_121517.jpg

Ah yes these are very useful pics, many thanks.  I think it'll be easiest to remove the headlight first.  So that channel on the side of the battery tray is essentially for cables and harnesses? As another point, i have a few clips one on the wing, just behind the headlight, and another almost directly behind the headlight.  What goes into these?  I think it was from when i pulled the engine out about 15 years ago and didn't clip things back properly! 

Hasan

1 hour ago, fla said:

Ah yes these are very useful pics, many thanks.  I think it'll be easiest to remove the headlight first.  So that channel on the side of the battery tray is essentially for cables and harnesses? As another point, i have a few clips one on the wing, just behind the headlight, and another almost directly behind the headlight.  What goes into these?  I think it was from when i pulled the engine out about 15 years ago and didn't clip things back properly! 

Hasan

i removed both headlights to fit the loom as the OE connectors make it difficult to get through the gaps with them in place

yes that channel on the LHS of the battery tray is where the factory cables ran & was enough room to fit the loom there too

the clip on the wing behind the headlight is to hold the yellow dim dip connector but that needs disconnecting & taping up when fitting the loom

i also found that by running the main wires in that channel made the negative battery lead quite neat

1 hour ago, Dox said:

The brake servo is a huge vac reservoir, you could tee into that after the non return.

It's not really good etiquete to use the braking system for anything other than brakes hence the plastic reservoir

You've lost me Dox....  I was just showing a picture of the cleaned reservoir for my mk1. Hoping that the corrado one will clean up just as well