Jump to content
g0ldf1ng3r

Triple relay uprated headlight looms

Recommended Posts

Thread resurrection - where can I get one of these Kurzy looms? Will iit work on a mk2 and mk3 as well? 

Edited by MJA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Message g0ldf1ng3r as he sorted these out for us. Im sure he will send this. Be nice to do another group buy, assuming there are enough members left posting in here 🙈.

Could be good on a mk2 mate 👍I may see if it would be likely to fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tigerfish said:

I’d be up for a loom if another group buy was kicked off


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would take another spare to as the last one has gone on the g60 and the one on the vr is getting on a bit cant think of the brand .  

Edited by Keyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi all

bizarrely i have been speaking to Zak over the last couple of days

he is ok for doing another run of looms but we need to hit a minimum of 10

same deal as previously, IE due to his offshore work commitments being rather random & sometimes lengthly there would be no specific lead time, it could take a month or it could take 3

i will assist by organising things on here & will also do the leg work regarding the OE connectors, which i believe went down well with all of those who had a loom last time

i will try & make time to refresh myself on all the costs etc, update here & then we can get the ball rolling in the new year

oh & happy christmas to all by the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

hi all

bizarrely i have been speaking to Zak over the last couple of days

he is ok for doing another run of looms but we need to hit a minimum of 10

same deal as previously, IE due to his offshore work commitments being rather random & sometimes lengthly there would be no specific lead time, it could take a month or it could take 3

i will assist by organising things on here & will also do the leg work regarding the OE connectors, which i believe went down well with all of those who had a loom last time

i will try & make time to refresh myself on all the costs etc, update here & then we can get the ball rolling in the new year

oh & happy christmas to all by the way

i up for one possibly two  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work mate. 

Please I dont want to rock the boat but could you please ask if i purchased this would Zak add them to the loom and would he think its ok to use the waterproof relay box . I could post it to him of course.  PDF sheet on link 

https://www.switchelectronics.co.uk/4-way-automotive-relay-box-holder?gclid=Cj0KCQiAq7COBhC2ARIsANsPATFfRS_g_XshgCZyNVEhlD3psUE8bGpfdo_mwQK4nEs53vR4kz4EPTUaAvHYEALw_wcB

This 100 percent works as fitted to my one all ready . 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294071135212

In total its a £25 add on but worth it imo. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hi all
bizarrely i have been speaking to Zak over the last couple of days
he is ok for doing another run of looms but we need to hit a minimum of 10
same deal as previously, IE due to his offshore work commitments being rather random & sometimes lengthly there would be no specific lead time, it could take a month or it could take 3
i will assist by organising things on here & will also do the leg work regarding the OE connectors, which i believe went down well with all of those who had a loom last time
i will try & make time to refresh myself on all the costs etc, update here & then we can get the ball rolling in the new year
oh & happy christmas to all by the way

Great stuff. Let’s hope we can hit the magic number


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this works for the mk2 golf as well I will take 2 looms. Id also be interested in the bits Keyo is adding if Zak would consider adding to all looms as an upgrade? If not I'll just take the standard jobby :)



Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely happy to take one, please 🤞👍. And to go the upgrades routes too with both the OE connectors and the relay box...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys - i dont mean to put a dampener on things & i will ask but i have ran three of these looms to date & one of them for over 10 years with no issues & even without OE connectors, just taped up spades

please bear in mind that neither Zak or myself make any money for the time we put into these, we do it out of love for the corrado & to help members on here, plus with his offshore commitments time is very limited

if you mount the the loom well there really isnt any need for water protection IMO

when i ran the new one into the VR i was able to fasten the relay section on the front of the washer bottle so chance of them getting wet is minimal

i can post some pictures to illustrate once ive got the VR back from sunroof rebuild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bfstrachan said:

Can I be added to the list for a loom please?

yes m8 no problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did we get enough interest in the end? I’m happy with the loom as originally done. Would be a shame if it didn’t happen because of trying to tweak the spec.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tigerfish said:

Did we get enough interest in the end? I’m happy with the loom as originally done. Would be a shame if it didn’t happen because of trying to tweak the spec.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A quick count of the thread would answer that for you  ? 

However minus me off the list  as Im going to make my own this summer  as a little project. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I'll have one.
With the 3 extra OE plugs eliminating the need for spade connections and returning full parking light functionality plus the 3rd relay preventing failure of both dip lights at same time, it looks like a well thought out upgrade to my previous upgraded loom (over 16 years old & which has given some corrosion/connection issues at battery and fuses in last couple of years.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2022 at 1:16 PM, StormyTommy said:

Hi I'll have one.
With the 3 extra OE plugs eliminating the need for spade connections and returning full parking light functionality plus the 3rd relay preventing failure of both dip lights at same time, it looks like a well thought out upgrade to my previous upgraded loom (over 16 years old & which has given some corrosion/connection issues at battery and fuses in last couple of years.)

ok no problem, added you to the list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

update:

MJA

Tigerfish

Ger040 *2

TimA

Bfstrachan

mnmv12

StormyTommy

kenny vr671

just one more needed to hit the target people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you please tell how much these are, as it’s driving me nuts going through the thread trying to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...