Jump to content
daves16v

Heritage, Classic Parts etc......

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I've recently got myself back into Corrado ownership after 6 years so I'm a little distant from suppliers and the quality of their parts. My car needs lots of TLC as well as Corrado specific parts and service parts. How do companies such as Heritage and Classic Parts stack up where quality/price is concerned? Any other outlets I should be aware of?

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, daves16v said:

Hi all,

I've recently got myself back into Corrado ownership after 6 years so I'm a little distant from suppliers and the quality of their parts. My car needs lots of TLC as well as Corrado specific parts and service parts. How do companies such as Heritage and Classic Parts stack up where quality/price is concerned? Any other outlets I should be aware of?

Thanks for any help.

Dave

LLL parts

Mecatechnic France are very good and only £5.50 delivery - much quicker then classics or Heritage- they are my no1 company I use now. 

Heritage I will use if genuine vag and in stock if not I avoid as takes far to long  (6- 8 weeks)and they are very incompetent. 

https://www.mecatechnic.com/en-GB/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people don't get on with Heritage, but they have always been good with me. I just avoid the topran branded stuff. 

I have always got my classic parts through them , with their help and that has always been good. 

Keyo uses someone else for classic parts that seems to work well for him

And he's just replied as I am typing 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as it it is still a genuine part or the best available,  I am happy anywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EBay can be good if it’s a good branded part such as TRW for track rod ends, brake parts, handbrake cables, clutch slave cylinder  and abs sensors 

As mentioned Avoid Topran as if it were the plague

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Keyo said:

LLL parts

Mecatechnic France are very good and only £5.50 delivery - much quicker then classics or Heritage- they are my no1 company I use now. 

Heritage I will use if genuine vag and in stock if not I avoid as takes far to long  (6- 8 weeks)and they are very incompetent. 

https://www.mecatechnic.com/en-GB/

Great link that 👍👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cressa said:

Great link that 👍👌

Very  good mate very impressed - they have the odd surprising thing OE Vag in stock as well that even classis do not have- came in very handy whilst restoring the G60.  If its green means in stock and posted pretty damn quick- if in red means its in Germany classics warehouse but they are a lot quicker posting

Edited by Keyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the limit before we get super taxed on imports  as that includes the postage too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cressa said:

What is the limit before we get super taxed on imports  as that includes the postage too...

£130 I believe mate- i stagger orders so they dont go out as the same shipment- 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need to buy 2 wheels from Italy from Ebay - they're around £190 each.  Is the £130 a firm figure or is it just a reference point?  On that basis, will it be better to order one at a time (as £190 is not too far from £130!)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, fla said:

i need to buy 2 wheels from Italy from Ebay - they're around £190 each.  Is the £130 a firm figure or is it just a reference point?  On that basis, will it be better to order one at a time (as £190 is not too far from £130!)?

No because it’s over Tax threshold  £130 so will not be cheaper - also bulk postage x2 will be rich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just a had a shipment of parts delivered from LLL for mostly coolant parts, took about 2 weeks but I wasn't in a hurry. Thanks for the help.

I do have a query regarding Volkswagen Classic Parts - I'm looking a couple of genuine VW coolant parts that I cannot find anywhere but they seem to have them in stock, do they only sell genuine stuff? Its the crack pipe and the pipe union it fits into if that helps.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I am aware it is only the genuine items. I have ordered half a dozen times from them and it has always been Genuine. Still takes about 2 weeks. 

I just make sure my order sits under the customs tax amount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Cressa. Both amount to just over 40 euros so I should be OK if the custom duty is applied to goods over £135.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is £135, but remember that amount even includes whatever the postage mey be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VW Classic Parts in Germany are a part of VW - they only sell genuine. Heritage sell a mixture of different quality levels, and are also a sales channel for Classic Parts - you can search and order via their web site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daves16v said:

Put an order into Classic Parts on 25th, arrived 28th, fantastic service!

Now that is amazing.  I am putting one in tomorrow,  so hopefully the same 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am doing my order today but only spending 78 pounds inc. The 12 pounds postage.If anyone wants something just shout up and I will add it on to my order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...