Sign in to follow this  
Stovey

Corrado VR6 Vs Pug GTi 180

Without wanting to start a 'this car's faster than this car' thread, I thought I'd tell you guys about a nice tussle a friend and I were in coming back from the 'Burnin' B'mouth' show last night. A mate of mine bought a 206 180 around six months ago- unfortunately he's the type of guy who competes at everything- he's got a faster car than you, he's stronger than you, he has more teeth than you, he can dry off when getting out of the shower quicker than you etc.... So since buying the 180 he's been telling me about every single race or incident with any other performance car he's had- he told me a little while ago that he didn't think E46 M3s were that fast as he managed to stay in touch with one :roll:

Anyway, I was a passenger in his Pug last night as we drove back from the car show, he was making progress down the dual carriage way toward the M27 in a bid to be first to the pub (he must win), we ended up having to slow down for a Black C sitting in the outside lane who'd also been at the show (reg K*** FUW). As the dual carriage way merged into motorway my mate dropped a couple of cogs and made a dash for the outside lane, the C let him go and promptly pulled out behind us... We seemed to pull a few lengths on him as we passed 120mph, the speedo (moving slower and slower) gradually edged over 130 whilst I was looking over my shoulder to see the Black C munching up the gap we had created. We almost hit 135 as my mate shouted ''He's got me! He's got me!!''- he pulled the Pug into the middle lane as the Corrado just roared on..... It was great to see the smile wiped of his face by an eleven yr old VW- Needless to say he was pretty quiet down the pub!

Long live the C 8)

NB: Above incident occurred on special private sector of M27... obviously.

congrats to the Corrado owner 8) . I love it when that happens. I take it was a VR6?? :mrgreen:

Timo.

congrats to the Corrado owner 8) . I love it when that happens. I take it was a VR6?? :mrgreen:

Timo.

;)

Timo.

;)

oh dear :oops: . I must be tired. Sorry

Timo.

So since buying the 180 he's been telling me about every single race or incident with any other performance car he's had- he told me a little while ago that he didn't think E46 M3s were that fast as he managed to stay in touch with one :roll:

thats quality............yeah right a near 400bhp M3 being taken by a 180bhp 206 :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

ha, glad he got sorted out by the mighty C 8)

that pug 180 is a bag of w*nk anyways, whats the point in it eh :|

180 bhp in this day and age doesnt really set the world on fire now does it :?: :lol:

thats quality............yeah right a near 400bhp M3 being taken by a 180bhp 206 :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

Yeah, that made me laugh.... he was saying that the M3 would have him top-end no question but the Pug was more or less ''staying in touch'' below 80mph....

I just replied saying that I missed the part in the Pug's spec where it said it could do 0-60 in around 5 seconds....

What you actually need is two wheels! Nothing like kicking a £40k car's arse with a thee grand 600. Some people just don't understand what bikes are capable of. Those people in expensive motors are always good for a laugh.

You can't really beat the performance of a bike- a guy at work was selling an old CBR600 for £1200 I was tempted but I like the thought of staying dry whilst chasing £40k cars :wink:

You can't really beat the performance of a bike- a guy at work was selling an old CBR600 for £1200 I was tempted but I like the thought of staying dry whilst chasing £40k cars :wink:

Nah, makes more fun when the rear is breaking traction over the ton. :twisted:

If you want some serious tail-out action the old Z3 based M coupe is mental and scarey as hell in the wet!

and IMHO looks quite sexy :oops: and muscular too 8) :wink:

If you want some serious tail-out action the old Z3 based M coupe is mental and scarey as hell in the wet!

reminds me of the reliant scimitar, in looks anyway

LOL, I can see what you mean STORM2, the M Coupe's got a similar shape to the Scimitar!! I'll never look at one in the same way :mrgreen:

...but the sound can never ever compare. When we went down to Le Mans in convoy, we were going through a tunnel and everyone (TVRs, Caterhams and yours truly) were dropping it a gear just to hear the sound. I thought mine sounded quite good (windows down of course) until the 3.0l Scimitar driven by some guys that were travelling with us came past...

:oops:

..... he can dry off when getting out of the shower quicker than you....

I never was that quick at getting showered, and especially slow at getting dry. I hate putting clothes on when i am still wet.

..... he can dry off when getting out of the shower quicker than you....

I never was that quick at getting showered, and especially slow at getting dry. I hate putting clothes on when i am still wet.

I just want to know what they were doing in the shower together ;)