Sign in to follow this  
Storm

How much cred does this have

Fapping stunning!!

I've always liked Skylines and those style of wheels are perfect for them... though that type of wheel seem to suit the styling of the R33 more than the R34.

Still wouldn't say no though :)

Rodders look deeper, if you said Skyline to me before I saw that one on the other thread (EBAY), I would have by default poo pooed it. The curves on that car are perfect. Gimme Gimme.

at £40k for a 2001 thats 911 money.

I think i'd rather have the 911 though - the Skyline is a stunner but theres something about the noise of that Porsche engine.

I like that the Skyline isn't a very common car though!

Rodders look deeper, if you said Skyline to me before I saw that one on the other thread (EBAY), I would have by default poo pooed it. The curves on that car are perfect. Gimme Gimme.

at £40k for a 2001 thats 911 money.

dont get me wrong i LOVE Skylines just not keen on the colour of the body or gold wheels........if it was in black or the met grey with silver rims..........i would have it :D .......in fact if i was given it with that body colour and gold wheels i'd still have it :D

Anyone know anything about these rwd etc???

they not 4WD?.................IIRC its only the "lesser" GT-S's that are RWD

GTR as above is a 2.6 twin turbo 4wd. Theres also a GTS Turbo that has a 2.5 single turbo and RWD an a hell of a lot less transmission losses, very easy to make extremely quick and can be had for about £7000.

I heard a gts-t pretty recently in the car park of my work, sounded kinda like a loud vr with added turbo whistle and dump valve, awesome. :twisted:

Lots of good info here:

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/

chrisvr6nos (or whatever his forum name is!) imports them through his company http://www.japspeed.net they've have 3 gts-t's over recently in various states of tune and dispite them being the 'poorer' brother of the GTR they're still bloody quick! I've been lucky enough to drive one of them...very carefully! :shock:

I'm happy to say though, chris's supercharged VR was equal, if not faster than, one of the ones they brought over in a blat down..er..private road....he kept ahead! the gts-t was 2 up with the boost cranked up a few notches (and me holding on for grim death!) and chris was 1 up in his VR with this NOS off.

They're getting more common up here, theres actually a fair few around the sunderland/newcastle area, i'd still love one though, its next on my 'want' list when i eventually get rid of the C.

I'm happy to say though, chris's supercharged VR was equal, if not faster than, one of the ones they brought over in a blat down..er..private road....he kept ahead! the gts-t was 2 up with the boost cranked up a few notches (and me holding on for grim death!) and chris was 1 up in his VR with this NOS off.

They're getting more common up here, theres actually a fair few around the sunderland/newcastle area, i'd still love one though, its next on my 'want' list when i eventually get rid of the C.

then again if it was only just brought over perhaps the 112mph speed limiter was still active :wink:

fair point, i honestly didnt look at the speedo i was to busy trying to stop myself staining my jeans, but I dont think we got up to that sort of speed anyway!

Friend of mine had an R33 that sounded awesome and he loved it, only draw back was the car is rare so the parts are veeeerrry expensive. He sold it for an EVO 5.

then again if it was only just brought over perhaps the 112mph speed limiter was still active :wink:

Believe me if the speed limiter was still active you would feel it... :lol: - jap speed limiters are EXTREMELY crude....

i love em, they are sort of ugly but beautifull at the same time and have one of the best looking rear ends of any car.

one of the only jap cars i would gladly have apart from a tommy kaira 8)

I used to drive past a Skyline R34 on the way home from work a few years ago.. such presence, such a big purposeful looking car!

Believe me if the speed limiter was still active you would feel it... :lol: - jap speed limiters are EXTREMELY crude....

No point in refining them because they're the first thing to be removed when you buy one :D

if a saw one coming up in my rear view more id soon move over,they got a real mean front end...as does the corrado so ive been told :twisted: