Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Henny's J-DUB G60

I'm glad you are staying on the Corrado circle mate, but gutted about J-DUB. Went out in her a few times and crapped my pants pretty much every time.. whether it was the quick blat up from Stealth Racing or a 'Check out these Brembos' 120MPH - 0MPH stopping test on the main straight at Brunters.

Fairwell J-DUB - we barely knew you! :salute:

wait for the next incarnation of her in a couple of years time... ;) :twisted:

I've had a few ideas kicking around on what I could do with a cheap, engineless Corrado for a while, and J-DUB could well end up being the perfect base for something a little different... ;) :lol:

RIP J-DUB! for now at least. I dont know about anyone else but personally I feel like J-DUB is a bit of an institution on the forum, the two are so connected in my mind when I think of the forum I think of J-DUB! I'm looking forward to seeing your next project, and the eventual rebirth of the old faithful, good luck finding a new one!

GIXXERUK, got it in one mate! ;) She's just taking a rest for a while to let the rest of you catch up to her milage! :lol:

The damage isn't actually that much... it's just that the parts that are damaged are either Corrado only, (and so fecking expensive) or just fecking expensive... :roll: :lol:

I reckon I could put her back on the road with a little bit of luck in finding the parts second hand for about £500 and she'd be as good as she was before... the problem is that she's now a CAT C write off G60, so, unless I do something REALLY different to her, there's no point in me putting her on the road as, in the eyes of an insurance company and most people wanting to buy a Corrado, she'd be worth less than book value, even though everyone here knows what kinda money I've put into her... :roll: However, if I do something a little different and do a full photo rebuild just using the shell, the kinda people who'd either buy it, or insure it, won't give a damn about any insurance certifications! ;) :D

I hate to say it, despite knowing that you can repair it, once a car has had a smack that hard, chances are it'll never be properly straight again. Even if I had the know-how to source and refit all the appropriate bits I'd be inclined to find another car, and scrap the bent shell you have right now mate... :(

dr_mat, it's not been a hard smack... the problem is that it's taken the powersteering rack and bent the arms, which are silly money, it's also damaged the sub-frames where they ran along the curb so they need replacing. The bodyshop had it on their jig and said it would be absolutely spot on just with new bolt on parts... 8)

I know what you're saying though, but if you saw the actual damage, you'd understand what I mean... Watch out for the photos of the strip down... ;) 8)

Went out in her a few times and crapped my pants pretty much every time.. whether it was the quick blat up from Stealth Racing

Jim, all i remember was about half an hour later when we were all driving in convoy and you braked fairly hard to take the right into the pub, then I braked harder then Ian just locked up both front wheels! - I nearly soiled my own driver seat :lol:

yeah yeah, I was looking at the pub AFTER the bridge, not the one before it that you actually turned into! :lol: :oops: It was well under control and I never thought for a second that I was gonna hit you... Oh, and I actually locked all 4 wheels at the time! :lol: :roll: :oops:

I've locked this thread up for now as there will be no more news about J-DUB in the near future, but rest assured, this won't be the end of her! 8)

Thanks for all the comments that have been made in this thread over the year and a bit it's been here... keep an eye out for my new thread coming soon! ;) 8)

J-DUB is now being broken for spares... :(

Unfortunately I've not got the time to do anything that I had planned to her, and haven't got the space to keep her until I do get time again...

It's been a fun ride with her, with plenty of ups and downs, and she will be missed...

RIP J562DUB :(

Fondly remeber the braking demonstration on the main straight at Bruntingthorpe that day whilst passengering in JDUB - doing about 100MPH or something and you just leapt on the brakes.... was uncomfortable but reassuring ;)

Well, this weekend I stripped her down to a bare(ish!) shell...

The impact must have been a bit harder than I thought it had been.... not only had it snapped the passenger track rod at the track rod end, it'd bent the drivers side one over 45degrees too!!! :shock: :o

Final pics... :( Rest in Peace... you did us proud and I loved every minute of owning you... :(

shame to see another one broken, but i suppose if they diodnt get broken then the ones that live on wouldnt be there due to lack of spares! i guess its like organ donation!

Well, my Dad has just phoned and a lorry came this morning and took away the shell to be scrapped... :(

End of an era for me really... I've owned her since 2002... second longest time I've owned a car, and the first I properly modified and got going quickly... :?

Rest in Peace...

Gutting Feeling to see it on the back of a Scrap Wagon, But aslong as you had your Fun, And im sure you have a lot of Pics and fond Memories of it!

Did look like an awsome G60!