CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

When I had a go with Steve's TDI the gear lever felt quite strange to start with, almost like it needed a centre arm rest for your elbow to sit on.

well it will get its chance at that height, i like the look, its very touring car like. I have an R32 shortshift to go on, and as theres no problems with punching the stereo in 1st 3rd and 5th now, its going to be even with the shorter throw.

omg ive just spend like 2hours reading this so would be rude not to post, top work mate wish i had the time/space/money to do something like this :salute:

Im looking to get my shifter right next to the steering wheel but without a long throw basically, can i fit it to a G60?

just ragged mine up and down my lane, 2 things:

1. second gear in 15mph boot it, absolutely pins me to the seat, in the wet!!! no wheelspin what so ever!!! briliant! exactly what i was after,

2. How feckin loud! it sounds like a race car. now i thought that was down to the total lack of interior, then when i got back to the house i was told i could be heard from miles away haha

Nice one Coxy, must be awesome to actually drive the fecking thing!

The interior is looking fantastic, the dash suits the rado really well!

That is so cool, just wish I had the skills!

Cant wait to see it finished, altho reading about its progress is fun :D

If I count my chickens right, that's four conversions to be finished for Christmas. So far one's taken four years (ok a bit more than a 'simple' engine change), one's taken a year, one's taken 8 months and one's taken two or three months !!! I would say the last one to finish has to get the first round in, but it's more than likely to be me!!

roll on next year eh!

Have to say i am mightily impressed with the 4wd setup. The camber is all ove the place, as is the tracking probablies, and the thing just stuck to the road and didnt tramline, track or anything. its the feeling of being pushed from behind as opposed pulled from the front (oo er) that is so impressive. I love it!

mines on exactly 5 months to the day of when i took the 12v out chris.

Sorry Karl, 5 not eight months! :)

ps I am thinking if this car is quick enough, the R32 charger kit that i have for it is going to be sold.

NOOO you have to charge it, make it into an absolute beast Corrado, how are you going to sort the rear camber out too?

Edit- forget that, just remembered your running a different rear set up to phat etc.

I am running VR6 syncro rear arms, which do seem to run less camber, could still be done with a little more dialing out though.

I am not running the car that low anyway. am going to suck it and see I think.

Not sure about the charger. depends if its going to be an everyday car. 300bhp is a lot of power as is really when you think about it, and considering I can put it all down now and dont waste any through spinning the wheels then its already a bit of an animal.

Excellent build so far. with the dash swap, how did you get the edge of the dash to meet up with the windscreen and the sides of the dash to meet up with the a pillar/door without having big gaps showing. would you have any pictures showing these areas in detail?

ps I am thinking if this car is quick enough, the R32 charger kit that i have for it is going to be sold.

how much for?? i think a charger on the corrado, and a garrett on the a3 3.2 next year would be great :)

Excellent build so far. with the dash swap, how did you get the edge of the dash to meet up with the windscreen and the sides of the dash to meet up with the a pillar/door without having big gaps showing. would you have any pictures showing these areas in detail?

how? with a knife!

no close up pics i am afraid

no no you can fit the 02M components onto the 02A gearbox. I dont know the details, cos i didnt do it, but phatvr6 has done it before. I think the mechanism just plugs into the top of the gearbox.

edit: maybes it should be called a mk4 shifter to avoid confusion because you get the mechanism off a mk4 with an 02A gearbox i think.

how? with a knife!

no close up pics i am afraid

doesn't this show the wood/cardboard underneath? I guesse youve done it so it looks OE?