Sign in to follow this  
fj

Leather repair/restorer

Has anyone on here tried anything like this?

liquid leather

I can't find anything similar on the forum so what d'ya reckon - is this the solution to my crazed drivers seat bolsters or is it just expensive boot polish that'll give me a black arse :?: :?:

Cheers,

I'd be interested to know too. BTW has anyone used the Autoglym leather care products and do they get rid of the arterial cracks that dried leather is prone to? And does it give the nice leather smell?

I use Liquid Leather - good stuff and smells nice too - needs repeated use to put the suppleness back into the leather

I've used the Autoglym cream on my seats, and I didn't think it did a lot to improve the look of the seats - maybe just feeds them a bit and stops it getting any worse.

I have used Autoglym too - Liquid Leather is a lot better - won't but back to as good as new but my seats have shown a definite improvement

i've tried the auto glym stuff - not really impressed

i'll order some liquid leather, if it doesnt work it'll smell the part :-)

I'm using the Halfords Mclaren stuff - quite good at cleaning the leather but needs a fair amount of elbow grease, whilst exercising due care. No leathery smell though, in fact it smells quite pathetic. One section on the seat back bolster (dont kow how best to describe it!) has actually worn through to suede - any ideas on a repair? I've got some leather off-cuts which I can cut to a circle but the colour is slightly different. Has anyone used any leather dyes plus resin to seal any cracks/splits?

My parents used to use saddle cream (for horses saddles) on their old Mk 2 Jag. Turned quite a sorry looking interior into something looking pretty damn good. Took a lot of effort though...

I've got the vein-like cracking on one of my bolsters. I tried the Mclaren stuff, it smelt really bad, like rancid cat piss, and it required about 2-3 goings over. It cleaned it, but didn't solve the cracking. Then I tried the autoglym, which smells bad too, and while it cleaned well it still didn't get rid of the cracks. Boo-hoo.

My parents used to use saddle cream (for horses saddles) on their old Mk 2 Jag. Turned quite a sorry looking interior into something looking pretty damn good. Took a lot of effort though...

Yeah i heard saddle cream is good stuff too.

That's what is used on the Campaign and the Storm here... Bloomin' cheap too compared to AutoGlym etc. etc. Just pop down to your local equestrian centre

i've used this and it was better than auto glym and best to heat the tub with a hair dryer (in this weather), waxy,

only a few quid for a tub , really its best to use this in the summer

Well, I've just ordered some of the liquid leather and scuff master. The scuff master is coloured (matched to precise model of car - er, black for me then) and is supposed to cover the small cracks in leather. The liquid leather is just a treatment to soften the leather. £25 all in.

My guess is that ebay seller is actually someone from the liquid leather company- its the same price as the website so its not just some chancer trying to make some money.

Well, I've just ordered some of the liquid leather and scuff master

FJ- would be great to see some before and after shots of your leather. I have a black interior too and the leather is just starting to lose its face in some tiny spots on the bolster- would be good to see if this stuff could stop it before it gets worse

I'll post the before and after shots when the goods turn up. Have a look here in a week or so! :lol:

Did the scuff master and liquid leather treatment this weekend. Before and after photos below, not that they really tell you anything thanks to my photography! :oops:

I'm well pleased with the results though. My leather was pretty good to start with, just the following problems.

- Bit of cracking as in the photos on the drivers left hand bolster. The dye impregnates the cracks, and seems to smooth them off as well - much less noticeable now.

- Small area where the colour had started to wear thin on the drivers seat where it gets rubbed from getting in and out. This area looks like new now.

Before I started, I thought the passenger seat was perfect, but I had to do that one as well because the drivers seat looks so spot on! Recommended.