Had a funny one when i was filling the car up in tesco. A chap in an S3 was in the lane opposite and was waiting to get parked. He gave me the thumbs up and wound his window down to start chatting. His face was quite a picture when i held out the keys and asked if he wanted to swap for keeps. He laughed and asked why i would do such a thing and i retored "i bet you never worry if your cars going to start everytime you put the key in the ignition" we both laughed and he came over to look at it. Said thanks for letting me take a look, shook hands and off i went.

I think he was the only person who like the car especially when i started it up, i get alot of frowns from other people in petrol stations due to the loud noises the G60 makes, inconspicuous its not!. Made me smile though that somebody took the time to come over and say nice things about the car.

Got one Wednesday night when filling up, a couple of yoofs walked past and one flicked his fingers at me, and said "dat car iz baaaad man". I assumed he actually meant good, so replied "cheers" Before getting in and driving off before my wheels did a disappearing act!

The dealer at Porsche Mid Sussex was very impressed when I turned up in the Storm. It obviously worked as I'm going back there next Saturday to pick up the new daily with 385hp on tap:)

Gots lots of chufties at a family booze up this weekend. My cousins were Asking me what car it was, and how fast etc. Im always amazed how unknown Corrados are.

Ha ha it just goes to show our never to old & you should stay young at heart!

Driving to tesco on my break & pulled alongside a M reg dragon green VR - there was an old boy, prolly in mid 70's & in his royal legion tie & jacket, we exchanged big grins & thumbs up :D

Im always amazed how unknown Corrados are.

Just the other day I was speaking to a guy about the Corrado and he was saying " oh yes Corrados they were great especilly the Storm it went really fast, what a car " I didn't really have the heart to tell him it was just a badge really and they were the same engines but at least he knew what a Corrado was :)

Also a while back at a burger van lay-by stop a lorry driver walked by and said " Nice looking Corrrado you've got there, very smart "

Got a nod of approval from a guy with a VW Polo at the Polish car wash yesterday morning. He said the VR6 rado's were his favorite model and that they were

the ones with the 'Cojones'. Gotta agree with him there!!

Got a flash of the lights and the thumbs up from a guy in a modded bora this afternoon whilst out for a drive with the boy.

Taking it as a chuftie as it looked really well done so obviously a man with taste!

Had a mini-chuftie from the Highways Agency while they were closing the M1 for my accident yesterday :nono:

Something along the lines of "Oooh, is that the 2.9? My brother's got one, ace motor!" - made me feel a little better...

Stone

Lol u know, it is sad that men like us in corrados get chatted up by other men, pity there aren't many women driving corrados, as they may get a free dinner date, lol.

Lol u know, it is sad that men like us in corrados get chatted up by other men, pity there aren't many women driving corrados, as they may get a free dinner date, lol.

*female

Two contractors stared at me as I drove into work and parked up this morning. Naturally I assumed that parts of the car were falling off or something was leaking but they just said it sounded lovely and looked great. Wasn't even clean :)

A bit of an indirect chuftie this one... I took the kids ice skating today and having walked away from the parked car my youngest tapped at my arm and said "Dad, look someone's taking a photo of the Corrado". I looked back and there was indeed someone with their phone out taking a picture :D

Had a middle aged fella in his T5 pull up along side me and mouth something along the lines of 'thats really nice' the other weekend whilst he was having a good look.

I got a chuftie from my wife today. The golf is having some bodywork done so she very reluctantly accepted a lift from me in the Corrado. She hates the car normally and won't get in it because it's a bit noisy and not as smooth as a modern car. But after a quick blast down the A3 she declared "That goes well!". From her about that car it's a compliment I never thought I'd hear :D

And another one... I was collecting my Golf from the body shop today and the owner, who I've known for years as I always use this place, asked me to let him know if I ever sell the Corrado :)

Lovely little old lady in Tesco car park this afternoon asked me if my car was a Corrado. When i said yes, it was, she said "my son used to have one of these...... and bloody noisy it was too".

God love her!! :)

Lovely little old lady in Tesco car park this afternoon asked me if my car was a Corrado. When i said yes, it was, she said "my son used to have one of these...... and bloody noisy it was too".

God love her!! :)

Love it!

School run this morning and a lady who I see every day over to me in the car park and said love the Corrado, even more impressive as my usual driver is a mk 7 golf gti and she never even given it a second glance. :-)

A guy at work who I don't know asked me if the Corrado is mine. His words after I said yes? "Such a sweet motor!" Then stories about his friend's old one, questions about mine and finally talk about track days. Made my day!

Was going down a busy main road stopped at the pedestrian crossing lights on red (as you do). Guy about 30ish walked over the crossing and paused half way across,looked up and down the car and shouted, bloody hell not seen one of those for ages mate! thats mint! Put his thumbs up and carried on walking.

Made me feel well shall we say a little bit good.

Just the other day also i had my car MOT tested and the tester a middle aged guy said after i asked him what was the out come of the test, replied "well the only thing wrong with the car is..I haven't got it'".

Car passed btw , was well Chufties. :thumbleft:

Edited by Ray1965

Nice. That reminds me... must do a track day this year in the Corrado!

Agreed, I definitely want to get out on track again this summer. I need to look into dates and cost I think. I wonder if anyone else would be interested in coming along too...

I'd certainly be up for a Corrado Forum / Club visit to a track day, just to enjoy seeing Corrado's on the track though not necessarily with the intention of tracking mine :)

When is the VW/Audi Driver track day at Castle Combe again? I know our National Day is elsewhere this year but wouldn't stop a group of us going!

31st May this year. Perhaps a little too close to National Day to for many to come out to play again..........

I'm sure other circuits could accommodate us a little later in the year though?