Riley

Late Black G60

:thumbleft:

Here's the next job done!

I wanted a twin inlet setup but wanted some specific specs...

Cone filters but didn't want cotton gauze for obvious reasons.

Internal diameter of the charger flanges to be as big as possible (Others tend to be 54mm)

So with the help of a good mate (Manny) available here we made up a kit for it.

Found some PAPER! filters, and large ones at that! And the charger flanges are a superb 60mm internal diameter!

Flanges and pipe, mine are anodised black, but other cool colours can be had!B Red/Blue etc.

flanges2_zpsd4211955.jpg

flanges3_zpsecb3bee1.jpg

The PAPER filters, large ones with 70mm inlets/necks.

g60paperairfilter.jpg

Pipework consisting of:

2x 45deg reducers, 70mm > 63mm.

1x 180deg 63mm.

corradotwininlet1.jpg

Excuse the steam in the pics as I'd just washed it.

corradotwininletwashed1.jpg

corradotwininletwashed2.jpg

corradotwininletwashed3.jpg

corradotwininletwashed4.jpg

Oh, and some pics of the different ride heights lol.

Full height!

corradoondrive1.jpg

Face down, a$$ up!

corradoondriveface1.jpg

corradoondrivefacerear1.jpg

Face up, A$$ down!

corradoondriveface2.jpg

corradoondrivefacerear2.jpg

And all down!

corradoondriveairedout3.jpg

corradoondriveairedout4.jpg

Edited by Riley

Well this morning I quickly fitted new passenger side window rollers. All cleaned up and regreased, much better. Just need some new door membranes and then I'll get the drivers side done too.

New Febi front wiper motor fitted. Wiper is supercharged now!

Corradonewwipermotor.jpg

Where did you get that from, if you dont mind my asking? Alloys really do make the car look great ;)

Aye, a new wiper motor on a Corrado is only ever going to be a good thing lol. Gladly I only have one wiper to worry about but it's always worked fine anyway, much better than the twin setup!

Oh and one of automatic the first thoughts when I had the twin inlet idea 'Must fabricate a heat shield'

But I honestly don't think it needs it, I'm not sure why people bother tbh (On the Corrado G60 anyway) Even after having been sat ticking over for a while, I can lift the bonnet and it's not like there's a load of hot air hanging around.

And in theory, while on the move a heat shield would actually restrict flow over the filters. Much like if you had a piece of alloy on the back of the radiator, air wouldn't flow through so well.

Oh and there's a 4" neoprene cold air feed sat directly under the filters (In the old carbon can hole) which comes from the front bumper.

youve got that bloody snail thing in between the filters and the warm engine so theres your heat shield, I agree mate, as Mark and Lard used to say " NO NEEEEEEED" Looking forward to whats next

LOL. Yep, I say no tu th'old heat shield.:smug:

Bought an alloy C.O pot boss. Will update soon.

alloycopotbossbung.jpg

Cheers mate...

Had some issues with the Innovate wideband giving dodgy readings so thought I'd try a new lambda probe. It basically uses a wideband probe from a TT/1.8T, you can see the part numbers in pics as I went for a genuine bosch/Vw/Audi one.

Problem solved, although I'm still not happy with the Innovate kit...

newwidebandboschlambda1.jpg

newwidebandboschlambda2.jpg

Also I had a rattling from underneath which was the rear zaust heat shield, it had worn through on the clips, so I bought some new clips/replaced them all, and also started making up some formed alloy washers to pop on there first. Rattling has gone and it's all nice and tight now.

g60exhaustheatshieldclips.jpg

Oh, and I've decided that I'm gonna take it off the road, potentially sell it or let it sit for a while. I've just lost the love for cars lately and need something sensible for the kids etc. Not sure what to do with it yet, seems pointless having it sat there doing nothing...

Cheers mate...

Had some issues with the Innovate wideband giving dodgy readings so thought I'd try a new lambda probe. It basically uses a wideband probe from a TT/1.8T, you can see the part numbers in pics as I went for a genuine bosch/Vw/Audi one.

Problem solved, although I'm still not happy with the Innovate kit...

newwidebandboschlambda1.jpg

newwidebandboschlambda2.jpg

Also I had a rattling from underneath which was the rear zaust heat shield, it had worn through on the clips, so I bought some new clips/replaced them all, and also started making up some formed alloy washers to pop on there first. Rattling has gone and it's all nice and tight now.

g60exhaustheatshieldclips.jpg

Oh, and I've decided that I'm gonna take it off the road, potentially sell it or let it sit for a while. I've just lost the love for cars lately and need something sensible for the kids etc. Not sure what to do with it yet, seems pointless having it sat there doing nothing...

I know where you are coming from mate keeping the love for these car's test's the thickest of skin obviously you have a young family and you have to put them first the only thing is are you ready to swallow the pill regarding what you will get for your car after all the money you have spent on it if you do decide to sell some lucky blighter is going to get an awesome G60 :salute:

An awesome G60 indeed. Damn this car is good, but exactly what clumpy1 said. I'd be interested to see any advert for this car should you decide to sell. Will have to start checking the bank account ha. Really is a credit to you and your hard work though. You should be proud of that there 'G'!

Thanks for the kind words lads...But I have gone to the dark side!

Six speed 2L straight six, 2002 Lexus IS200 Sport with factory Aero bodykit.

Being a sport it has an LSD, Factory tinted rear windows, Fancy trim, Drilled aluminium pedals, s-steel sill plates, boot spoiler, lower suspension and because it has the aero kit it has 18"!!!! Rims.

Video of me driving the Corrado home and my Dad going past in the Lex.

th_lexusfirstvideo.jpg

Pics.

lexusis200firstpics1.jpg

lexusis200firstpics2.jpg

lexusis200firstpics3.jpg

lexusis200firstpics4.jpg

lexusis200firstpics5.jpg

lexusinterior2.jpg

lexusinterior4.jpg

lexusinterior3.jpg

lexusinterior1.jpg

Got home and went straight back out to the jet wash with some autoglym engine and machine cleaner.

Before and after.

lexusunderbonnetjetwash1.jpg

lexusunderbonnetjetwash2.jpg

lexusunderbonnetjetwash3.jpg

Loving it so far! As for the Corrado...Dunno :-(

If I had the money I would have your rado off you in a heartbeat mate. Lexus looks tidy too. Must admit I have never actually considered a lexus.

Cheers mate. I've only ever liked them purely on the way they look, but having now got up close and driven, they are a superb motor! Absolutely love it!

Today consisted of an 'enhancement' as Manny would say lol. Yellow Lamin-X Fogs done.

Haven't touched the paintwork yet but I'm going to give it a full correction at some stage (It REALLY needs it) I minted the interior today and treated the leather too.

All the little pockets and switches etc everywhere are great too. Gearing is very close so makes it a fun drive. Very very smooth and quiet, but yet when you put your foot down the straight six purrs nicely. Slow as sh|t like but it's not about that for me anymore.

Gave it a boot full sideways earlier, felt good, easily held and controlled with a good steering feel (Speed sensitive power steering)

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a lexus forum so I'll leave this thread alone now unless something happens with the Corrado (Sold/Sorned) whatever it may be :-(

lexusyellowfogs1.jpg

lexusyellowfogs2.jpg

My bet is it will be sorned i think you know yourself it would me an immense wrench getting rid of the corrado after so long :(

I dont think it will get sold , as for sorn etc, dont they have to be insured still?

Dont sell it Riley! you will regret it after all the hard work you have put into that car. Put it in storage and have some fun on a sunny day :-) Lexus looks good too.

Cheers guys, It's good to hear positive comments about keeping it because in all honesty I'm feeling more and more like it's pointless having it sat there :-( Especially as I'm on with renovating the house, literally have no bathroom, no kitchen, no nothing...Building site! :-(

May as well pop latest updates up about the Lexus. Been struggling to feel at home in it until lately, but I now officially 'Like' it lol ;-)

The kids have inspected it. They approve.

kidslexus.jpg

Have started a paint correction on it, only got stage 1 done so far but gonna struggle for time to complete it. Just gonna keep it well washed until I can get back into it. Will come up quite well.

lexuspaintcorrectioncutting.jpg

lexuspaintcorrectionstage1corrado1resized.jpg

Spot the Corrado lol. Now sat in my unit :-(

lexuspaintcorrectionstage1corradoresized.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

​Stickers in the side/rear windows and the rear window.

lexuslikestickers1.jpg

lexuslikestickers2.jpg

The standard cd head unit in the Lex is common for not playing cd's! Mine's gone so I bought one of these, plugs into the back of the head unit, and when you press cd button, it now plays everything from the iphone! :-)

lexusgromstereo.jpg

Corrado looking sorry for itself... :-(

corradooffroad2013lexus.jpg