Riley

Late Black G60

Can't believe what you've done to the poor thing! It looks like little puppy dog wanting to be loved in there! lol

Went up to my unit earlier as I needed some tools to work on the house...Thought I'd fire the Corrado up just to hear it. Forgot my button for the leccy shutter door! :roll: Gutted!

Hello all,

Well although the Corrado is off the road I came across a New/Genuine Power steering pump and promptly bought it! Long obsolete and specific to the G60, I've been searching for one for ages! 037 145 157BX

Power_Steering_Pump-1.jpg

That is all :-(

Neil.

OK, I've been properly talked (Almost harassed) into keeping it lol.

Fired it up for the first time in a good while, first turn of the key as always.

[video=youtube_share;Fad64E-IrOA]

My heart agrees with you, my head, not so much. Lol. But when has a Corrado Owner ever used their head?:bonk:

Looking for some late style fog lights, cheap as possible with smashed/cracked glass if anybody knows of any.:thumbleft:

Still off the road, never been so dirty! :-( But finally got around to fitting the Red anodised C.O pot pipe.

CorradoOffRoad2014.jpg

co-pot-pipe-anodised.jpg

co-pot-tube-fitted.jpg

Dragged it out of the unit today and ran it for a while. Felt a bit 'Meh' about it tbh. It's the absolute worst it's ever looked, properly filthy and has gone a bit moldy inside!

CorradoG60offroad20141.jpg

CorradoG60offroad20142.jpg

Cheers lads, and yep, it is indeed my daily Tigerfish. >> http://www.corradog60.com/viewtopic.php?t=306 IS200 Sport Aero, superb motor that has probably slightly ruined my Corrado love in all honesty! Although it's to be expected with being a newer motor, but the build quality is fantastic.

Edited by Riley

10 Year Anniversary of owning this thing! :thumbleft: Where the hell has the time gone!? :bonk:

Thanks guys, may look at getting it back on the road when the sun comes back...

Just need to tweak a few things as usual lol.

Neil.

10 Year Anniversary of owning this thing! :thumbleft: Where the hell has the time gone!? :bonk:

Know the feeling Riley - I got mine in 2004. I'm in the same boat as you (feeling a littel meh), and I think I'll be looking to sell mine this year and give someone else a slice of the rollercoaster world of g60 ownership...

Cheers Sanksy!

JMC, you've done a cracking job with yours mate, lot's of time and money so no doubt you do feel similar. I've got to a point where I often think, what's the point of it sitting there? But I think I've come to accept that I can't actually afford to sell mine, that's what I'm telling myself anyway :lol:

Trying to get my head back on it, and going to be doing the odd job if I can get focused on it again. I don't think the enthusiasm will be like it used to be...The 'Scene' has changed now, not that I mind...

I like that they are becoming more a grown up 'classic' and all the newer Vw stuff is getting the HellaStanceWhateverItIs. Be a shame if you did let yours go, but I suppose you have to do what you 'feel' is right.:thumbleft:

I'd give you a medal if I could if you've read the lot :cool: I sometimes try and find something to refer to it in the topic and it's a bloody nightmare lol.

Just ordered something for it to try and push/force the enthusiasm back! An addition to complete the air ride. Real snap decision to buy it as the money tree is empty!

Neil.

Well...New toy to accompany the air ride.

Accuair I-Level.

accuair-i-level.jpg

Getting it up and running has been easy peasy...But I've been trying to properly finally finish the air ride by fitting the E-Level height sensors and OMG, absolute nightmare! I'd honestly rather do the heater matrix again!

The instructions presume that you have a simple swinging arm rear end, where everything aligns nicely. But we know that's not the case with the Corrado! The measurements are critical so that the sensors aren't damaged (Over extended) and that they read over as wide a sweep as possible.

You have to aim for 2.75" of travel on the sensor, adjusted by moving closer to, or further away from the rear beam pivot point, but wherever I tried it (Just putting marks and measuring) it just didn't ever get anywhere near enough. Not helped by the fact that the inner arch runs away from the beam...All sorts of silly angles to consider!

After months of searching I haven't found a single picture of the e-level sensors fitted to a Corrado, mk1 or mk2 golf!

There's just no easy way to mount them on the rear, but after literally three days I think I'm getting somewhere...Have made up some brackets to mount to the bottom strut bolt. And that's where I'm up to.

Haven't even bothered to look at the fronts yet! I nearly threw the towel in a few times on the whole car game tbh while trying to sort these sensors! Wondering if I was getting too old for it all, knees and back killing crawling under the car, freezing cold, p|ssing about with an ol' banger! But seems I'm still going for now...