Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

* First operation: Changed the IC (3 hours), and fitted an RS Outlet 70mm diameter (2 hours). Boost 1.1 bar at 7000 rpm with 72mm pulley.

* Second operation: 2 beers and a double scotch (30 min).

Washed mine ready to tuck it away in it's new home - just got to wait for the battery to fully charge... oh and will take it for the vital blast around some of Surrey's finest country roads before it's laid to rest 8)

Mav, I've got an ariel for sale if you want it...

My front driver side wheel keeps going down, so I swapped it for the original sebring one till I find what's wrong with the other...

Found an spare door handle in the boot aswell as 2 VW keys :? Oh and a football ticket for the chelsea - liverpool cup final a year or so ago.

Started to strip the interior but bloody hell it's getting dark quickly now! Will delay till tomorrow.

Phil K, I'll send you that 5er tomorrow, when i was putting my jeans in the wash (ok ok my mum) there was £5 in the back :D

Right, I've stripped all the interior out ready to be all polished on the inside tomorrow. Not a hint of rust either! :D Took me a few hours though..

But my god VW are asshats with making you find a 10mm spanner head with the tinyest body to actually have to turn some of the bolts :x

Can I use normal polish on the inside? Like T-Cut?

(My dad's going to go bananas if he tries to get into the shed :lol:)

Fitted a MegaSquirt standalone ecu to my VR in preparation for the turbo.

megainstall.jpg

And it ran.....after a bit of head stratching :D

Superb Dave! I'm going to be following this one closely. We always get standalone queries, so I reckon we need a Squirt thread of it's own :-)

Cheers Kev. I'll kick one off when I get the squirt on and fully running.

Still no lambda, ISV, tacho, knock setting up (although it was working in the log file!), Motronic relay, tuning etc etc.

Really pleased to hear it run though and so clean and smooth.

Ive finally hopefully sorted my exhaust hagers out so it dosent bang anymore...

How? Please tell!

Its taken me 6 weeks of fiddlin around with the hangers and changing rubbers. Ive replaced the standard rubber mountings with powerflex exhaust rubbers, seems to have solved it. Saying that my mountings will be different from yours....

Going for a new exhaust soon anyway, so I'll get it on a ramp and make sure it's all well clear of the rear beam.

Thanks for the info.

Booked it in the garage to have:

discs and pads all round

rear wheel bearings

cambelt

oil leak sorted

AND

the following day its having an mp3 headunit and hard drive installed, so this time next week i should be a happy bunny!!

Going for a new exhaust soon anyway, so I'll get it on a ramp and make sure it's all well clear of the rear beam.

Thanks for the info.

Mine is within milemeters of the rear beam it dosent touch though even when i go over the biggest of pot holes.... Have fun getting it sorted i did..

On the Golf:

New wishbone, all brake lines & hoses removed (replacements to go on tomorrow), new track rod end. EDIT. Oh yes, and stuck the sheared balance weight on the driveshaft back on by filling it with Mastik...

Still to come before it can pass the MOT, new cill & valance.

Soon to come - New frelling car, I'm getting tired of this...

Lowered the rear Koni shocks a couple of notches.

Padded the rear axle to stop the exhaust knocking.

Fitted 10mm spacers to all the wheels- much better stance now on the standard BBS rims.

On the Golf:

More Mastic in the balance weight, all new brake lines & hoses on. HOWEVER, one snapped bleed nipple means progress has ground to a halt. Oh yes, and one sheared bolt that holds the brake drum backing plate to the subframe meant much anger, followed by some welding....

Oh yeh, also fitted the under-engine splashguard I've had in the garage for a few years! Anyone got the second one for the pulleys?

Spent the past 2 days removing the sunroof. Quite chuffed as I did it on my own all the way.

Although my head hurts from balancing the sunroof on my head to quickly put it back in before it starts torain :mad: Bloody heavy, and what a kerfuffle it is to get it lined up.