Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

completely stripped the head on my VR6, cleaned the head and block ready for painting. valves to grind in this week, rings to go in hopefully on saturday or sunday.

Had a play with the c over the weekend, done a full service, fitted new locking wheel nuts, changed my dash centre section (courtesy of shaung60) replaced a blown bulb in my dials, had 2 new tires fitted, fixed my noisy cat shield and started pulling out my interior as I'm picking up my leathers next weekend! :D

Oh and gave it a well deserved polish :lol:

fitted lupo wippers to the front and an aero strap-on type thingy to the back :norty: bring on the rain !!

also took out the restrictor from the airbox, not sure about the louder noise (bit too badbwoy for me) and havn't noticed any real change in perfomance so might put it back in :confused4:

fitted G60 brakes with green pads (still had the originals on from before the transplant :pale: ), calipers painted red and looking sweet. must get round to painting the rears soon.

full oil and filter change and replaced the coolant pipe (with the sensors in) cos it was leaking.

also gave it a damn good clean but 24hrs later its covered in bloody pollen again!

Today i fitted the Reiger rear window cover i sprayed up back in November and a mate of mine did the clear coat because thats where it all goes wrong for me.

The wind was a bit of an issue, thought i was going blast the weights i put on it off at one point, but for a first time using a masking gun & sealant i am impressed with myself.

I did move slightly down by about 2mm but doesn`t look to bad.

Sprayed Magic Black Pearl (LC9Z) to match the spoiler

Not to everyones taste but i like it :D

Here`s the pics:

Supercharged junkie... I like the new spoiler, remember seeing a similar one for mk2's and wonder if there was one about for the c, wher did u get it from?

Today i gave her a quick wash as the front end and windscreen looked like i'd massacerd half the flying insect population on my way up the M5 yesterday and had two new front tyres fitted and trackin sorted :)

Supercharged junkie... I like the new spoiler, remember seeing a similar one for mk2's and wonder if there was one about for the c, wher did u get it from?

Cheers, Got from HERE there not the cheapest place on the earth but you get good service.

took front wheels off cleaned with billberry wheel cleaner and finished off with rim wax.

polished uner arches wishbones,driveshafts,subframe etc

polished gearbox and a little of the tunnel.

took rear wheels off sent to lepsons to get refurbed

Went and got a mdf rear parcel shelf made from my local timber yard ready for a set of 16cm component speakers.

Clocked the car over to 110k (that's 16k in 5yrs of ownership), so treated it to a new set of aero wipers :)

Happy Birthday....

Clocked the car over to 110k (that's 16k in 5yrs of ownership), so treated it to a new set of aero wipers :)

I've done bit over 3k miles since i brought mine..............at the start of april :lol: haven't driven for two years so makin up for it i guess, and cornish road so much fun especially in a VR :nuts: still back to work next week so wont be able to go drivin all the time (i can hear a hugh sigh of relief from the driveway :lol: )

Happy Birthday....

:offtopic:

Cheers chap... I have now officially joined the ranks of the socially unviable and non-marketing targeted demographic deadzone :wink:

Fitted new rear discs / pads / wheels bearings, took it for MOT.

Arranged a new windscreen to be fitted next week and booked it in for its new MOT the day after.

Oh, and took delivery of two recon rear callipers which are due to be fitted on sunday if i can actually be bothered.

Fun Times :lol:

Headlining out yesterday to be redone :( .

but hopefully this time will work better (guess we only learmn by trying things)

Just need another headlining to do plan b think may have found what I have been loooking for for ages.

Anyway plan for today headlining and c pillars

pulled my interior out today and gave the inside a good valet,

All in preperation for my leathers that I'm picking up tomorrow :D

Just hoping for good weather tomorrow!

Gave mine a wash tonight whilst the weather was good, got some funny looks being as its sitting on 4 axle stands with no wheels, front bumper or engine fitted. :lol:

Been doing some major engine rebuilding over the last few weeks but college deadline is in a week so have been trying to get on with that... ends up with a sentence... alt tab corrado forum... alt tab back to assignment... alt tab back to rado forum.... dammit, must concentrate!

thursday and friday got full days off to get the engine built up and back in the car and hopefully started for the first time!!! can't wait, cross fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes, ears it starts without any big problems!!! famous last words though

retrimmed rear seats

replaced gearbox mount

replaced driver's side engine mount

changed oil + filters

replaced alternator regulator

repaired electric window's crap plastic destroyed clip

replaced expansion tank & cap

cleaned coolant circuit

well, it was last weekend :lol:

Over the weekend I removed front end, gearbox, timing chains, head etc.

Head now with the machine shop being made as good as new for collection on Friday and then the dreaded rebuild begins! :shock:

Spent an hour breaking into the car after I couldn't get it to unlock with the key... :brickwall:

Stripped out the seats and emptied all the stuff out of it that's been accumulating over the last 2.5 years since it was last on the road.... :cuckoo:

Finally, took the head off to see if I could find out WTF is up with her and stopping her from running on 1 and 2....

Fecked if I can work it out, as the head gasket was fine... :brickwall: :bad-words: :epicfail:

This week I'll be mostly stripping the head down to see if I can work out what's stopping it from running when it's all in one piece... :roll:

Nothing much- fitted new 16v badges + bonnet bra :)

Nice being able to post in here again 8)