Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

ordered some 40/17 bf goodrich tyres for the front to replace the 45's that rub on the bumper, i'm going with 45 back 40 front, should look ok. ordered a new power steering belt to get rid of the skreech.

looking forward to finally lowering my car to the height i want, it's higher on the front at the moment, especially with 45 front tyres and 40 on the back, looks odd. try the spacers out then, might go with just 15mm on the rear.

maybe look at improveing the door alignment in a bit, the gaps look bad.

mind you its sunny, the Harbour Master is calling me for a pint.

Not today, but over the weekend I replaced a CV joint, changed a wheel bearing and got my arches rolled :clap:

had my baby a few months now & thought bout time made a post of what done; some essential some asthetic :)

god knows how many hours spent t-cuttin but all tiny orange tree sap dots gone

auto glym ultra deep shine makes her sparkle mint!!!

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf19042009305 - edit (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1d6q2xnv]

head unit changed

sub & amp installed

spare factory parcel shelf reinforced & infinity kappa 6*9s thumpin away - i knew it was worth keeping the shelf outta the white valver i had lol

door bump stop things removed 4 clean lines

crank case breather valve replaced - thanks to all those on here with the advice of using the ford part....why vw try & make u buy half your air intake i dont know :censored:

off side rear wheel bearing replaced - using OEM part and is quiet as a mouse

rear door cards removed, plastic clips replaced and added where missing & reinstalled

addition of plain black floor mats, front & rear, with chequer plate heel rest :nuts:

factory gear knob replaced - was silver painted - now smooth polished aliminium thanks to lots of elbow grease - need to find badge for centre & will be replacing top bolts for better 1s

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf02062009320 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:1d6q2xnv]

manifold is in polishing progress & is prolly bout 85% done - with exception of creveses [thanks moza 4 the pads!!]

31052009319 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:1d6q2xnv]

lots of things in the '2 be done' catagory but with no job its those i can do 4 free or very little £'s 1st lol

peas shout

'today, i cleaned it then attacked the back roads.'

ha ha nice 1 mtet1101, nothin quite like makin her sparkle then blitz the country lanes lol

finally got around to taking off both door cards to re-glue the material that had peeled off at the top and swapped the inner door pull handle thingys for some shiny chrome ones while I was at it 8) used the biro trick to get the pins back through the cards which was a life saver !!

also fitted my "corrado" logo'd seatbelt covers to the back seat belts - courtesy of jude

Then back to blacked, wash, wax and polish, hoovered and shined interior, bit of tire dressing and gave it a whirl !! :D

got ready to smash it with a bloody sledgehamme!!!!

Cant get wishbones off, hence cant get tracking done, hence killing my tyres again

Cant get 2 bolts off so can change the leaking rocker cover gasket that peeing out oil.

cant get a damn crankcase hose that has decided to get a ruddy great hole in it

so maybe a good smack with a hammer will make me feel like keeping it :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

got ready to smash it with a bloody sledgehamme!!!!

Cant get wishbones off, hence cant get tracking done, hence killing my tyres again

Cant get 2 bolts off so can change the leaking rocker cover gasket that peeing out oil.

cant get a damn crankcase hose that has decided to get a ruddy great hole in it

so maybe a good smack with a hammer will make me feel like keeping it :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

i feel for you there!! today, looked at mine under a car cover and thought "is it ever going to be on the road", to make things worse my mate rang me to let me know hes getting a tax rebate and buying a nice lil G60, what a w**nker!!!

I fitted the wonderfully reworked head (thanks Allstage), new chains, tensioners, clutch & gearbox. Now just the rest of it to do ready for going on holiday at the weekend...

Took off the coil, cleaned it up then sprayed the bracket Satin Black also painted the old washer tank the same just really to see what it looked like and am kinda surprised that it looks quite good 8)

What do you think?

Enginebay.jpg[/attachment:15wbfmm1]

Last night- fitted all red tails + rad cover and new stickers 8)

Whats the score with the all red tail lights fitted? Are they legal? I'd like to get some fitted to mine.

Last night- fitted all red tails + rad cover and new stickers 8)

Whats the score with the all red tail lights fitted? Are they legal? I'd like to get some fitted to mine.

You have to get/make green bulbs to make sure they still flash orange. Gonna paint mine with some green glass paint. That's it 8)

Finally, fitted head, new chains, tensioners, clutch etc, full 20,000 mile service, started first time, runs like a beauty, took it to yorkshire & back (600 miles) and all is good until this morning on the way to work when the outside temp display went. I am hoping I didn't connect the sensor correctly... :confused4:

Still, if thats all that goes wrong, life is not that bad! :cheers:

This weekend I fitted a new rad temp fan switch sensor thingy (and really getting the knack of draining coolant on my car without making a mess now - done it so many damn times!) and then set about cleaning the rear arches up. So weird looking in there and seeing nice red paint now!! Will do the fronts either this week or on the weekend :)

On Saturday morning, myself and a mate took my old exhaust inc CAT off (which took nearly three hours and lots of swearing) and started to fit my nice new shiny sports CAT and Jetex exhaust. Unfortuntely I had other arrangements for the afternoon/rest of the weekend, but hope to finish it tomorrow night.

Will do a write-up in my build thread once complete, but it looks nice with all that shiny stainless steel under the car!

Decided to have a good old root around the filler cap area this evening. Stuffed a rag in the filler mouth, removed the rubber boot and began what turned out to be quite an archeological dig to remove the layers of caked on dirt of 15 years, amazed how much came out and how hard it was :shock: (the mud that is, not this job). Relieved to find no rust whatsoever under there:)

Best shot I could get on my crappy camera:P6221239.JPG[/attachment:3ke32d96]

fitted my bmc cda and relocated the carbon canaster

engine bay looks soo much better for it :D

Pics!! :)

Last night topped up the air con - very cool!

Today on the way to work had windscreen smashed by a stone thrown up by a lorry :bad-words:

Just when everything was looking good.

do like the BMC's, what did you do with the old air box? im looking to put the original back in as i have a crappy k&n and it needs to go... i would be interested in giving you a few bob for it??