Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Took n/s/f wheel off and started the arch cleaning getting ready for the new wheels mmmm

took door cards out for cleaning and repainting, one is almost repainted, few more coats and will do, next one tomorrow

Whats the new one? Is it *new* or a refurb (looks very well refurb'ed if it is)?

Fixed the speed sensor so I now have a fully functioning speedometer

Did it take long? my speedo goes mental occasionally

Buggered both rear ABS sensors trying to get them out the stub axels! Well there's another job to do!

I DID have some spare cash, it seems to have been swallowed up rather quickly :brickwall:

Purchaced 2 new ABS Sensors.

Thanks to Purple Tom for the heads up on where to get them. Less than £33 each, not bad considering the VW dealer wanted £157 EACH!

Also fitted cleaned stub axels, fitted rear disc's and drivers side calipers and carriers. Although not done everything up nice and tight as I need to get everything checked. First time I've done it so want everything double checking, and I can't remember how it came apart :scratch:

it's a professionally rebuilt one. everything's been replaced (pistons+rings, valves, etc)... :D

oh, and it's an ABF.

Fitted the drivers side coilover and removed the passenger side shock ready for the coilover tomorrow. Got my 2 new rainsport 2s fitted.

fitted moon roof

Got the glovebox & boot lock to work from the key

Fitted new seal to the heater ventilation in scuttle bay

Tracked down the abs fault sort of, blown bulb & tested with test lght shows bulb illuminated all the time so need to get that read

Well past week I have been swapping door handles and mechs around. I am now in the possession of 6 door handles and 4 mechs, none of which I can use and I still have a broken drivers side (which means a 6ft+ man climbing in from the passenger side).

Also picked up my new wheels, trial fitted them and don't like them so back to square one now.

Took the G-lader off ready for a rebuild that I'll be doing myself. Also removed the throttle body for porting and polishing and dewedge of small outlet chamber butterfly.

I will be doing a progress thread soon with everything I'm doing

Fitted some weitec anti roll bars today. Fitted a fixed steering column earlier this week. Might do a members thread one day!

Took the cam cover off ready for a respray. Removed all the crappy subwoofer cables. Removed passenger door handle which needs replacing after initial inspection

Well done mate!! Any pics?

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Cheers, there is a few here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40868936@N05

Or this one after i'd cleaned it....

IMG-20110312-00071.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

well done mate

cheers dude, suprised me TBF!

Got my new black sebrings fitted after getting 4 new Toyo T1-Rs for £158 fitted! Oh, and found out my top mounts are loose :suprised:

dropped the abf engine in, just to realize that PAS pump sits too far from the crank pulley that I'll need a longer belt, as well as PAS Pulley not being aligned with crank pulley and so I'll need to use some washers in order to move it away from the pump.... no comment there...!!!!

water pump pulley needs to be mounted the other way round so it lines up with crank pulley.

is there anyone who did an abf swap, keeping KR k-jet and all kr pumps etc????????????????????????????????????? I was told it was pretty plug+play but it's not!