Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Bled the brakes after fitting new rear calipers. Tried twice and the brakes still feel sh1te... :(

had the same problem when i fitted mk4 calipers, turns out it just needed useing to bed the pads in, so they wear flat to the disc, dont know if you have ever played with mtb disc brakes at all? but if the front edge of the pad hits before the back then the brake feels spongey as sh1t3! when both pads push square and equal to the disc its wooden im going to assume this applys to cars too..

This is it, ive not change the pads as there was plenty of meat left on them. Though they have been out... maybe worse taking the calipers off and reassembling it all again.

Fixed leaking rocker gasket after rebuilding head this weekend.

Then fitted new exhaust rubbers.

Got to make new brackets for the rear hangers so I can fit new rubbers there too

Well finally brought the VR out the other week for its first few runs of the year since the salt on the roads has calmed down up here in sunny Scotland. (Replaced a fuse on the fog lights). Reckon it blew after putting a new battery in. Good thorough wash, polish and wax.

So after putting a grand total of 60 miles on her it was time for a good service.

Ordered some leads from Dubpower as one was shorting against the head. (Cheers guys spot on service). Booked her in for a good service. Had the following done at 69,000 odd miles.

Engine oil replaced / Filter (Fully synthetic).

New K&N Panel filter

Brake fluid changed and full brake service. Hand brake tightened etc.

Clutch fluid changed and bled

NGK plugs & Dubpower leads fitted. Timing checked all ok (sorted out the little miss fire at 1500rpm)

All fitted, parts and labour (minus leads) for 170 quid. Big thanks to Jason at Deutschetech in Ayr. Stood and chatted for a while about the car. Also about some scirrocos we have both been looking at on ebay (still fancy one).

Light knocking coming from NSR suspension. Turns out to be a leaky strut so currently looking at a suspension and mount upgrade. Any suggestions would be appreciated guys. Looking for a subtle drop and slightly sportier ride whilst maintaining some sort of comfort. Budget around 600-800 quid for parts.

Next weeks plans are to detail the interior as it has been 6 months almost since the last one. So that will keep me busy for a good day.

Fitted new header tank and cap, lights left on dual tone buzzer and a VDO boost gauge in an SWG vent pod

Taxed it. Booked in for 4 wheel alignment and getting wheels balanced Friday. Who's going Santapod on Sunday?

Yesterday I stared at it.

Jacked up the back end with a view to fitting my lowering kit.

Realised the bump stops are fossilized, and quite probably the top mounts.

Frowned.

Contemplated buying bump stops and top mounts all round, then noticed that 3 of the 4 tyres are cracked.

Frowned some more.

Replaced the locking wheel bolts with standard ones.

Went and had a cup of tea.

Not the most successful day...

I got to my car last night after work, pressed the blipper and as usual it blipped, but didnt unlock!!

Stood there for a few minutes locking and unlocking it but nothing happened!

Got into it with the key and went home.

Got home and noticed the windows wernt working either.

Had a quick browse on here and straight away got given the answer :D

There's a fuse and relay placed above the main fuse board that's pretty hard to get to/see at first but after removing the lower dash bit it was easier to see!

[ATTACH]73467[/ATTACH]

Situated above the relay at the top of pic. Next to my finger.

Swapped it over and everything's working again :) easy as that!

Cheers forum

Ben

py9y3u4a.jpg

Drove it at last!! 4 years in the making and just getting 4-wheel alignment done :)

Did a few jobs today :dance:

Couldn't tell if the heated rear screen was switched on or off as the little bulb that lights up the orange ring had blown (same on the spare switch I bought from here a while back), so took it appart and soldered a new bulb in. Works perfectly now.

Swapped door cards out, removed early leather ones and replaced with late grey cloth ones (got some different ones coming this week so will be swapping again at some point). Means the electric mirrors are now connected back up and working.

While door panel was off, got the central locking working on the drivers door.

Fitted the three relay uprated headlamp loom along with some philips nightbreaker bulbs. Great improvement :)

Handbrake fixed. The garage that did the rear caliper last year had managed to break the handbrake lever to floor mounting bracket. Now fixed so the handle doesn't lift right up and I finally have a properly operating handbrake. Also means the handbrake switch now works again and the light on the dash goes off when the handbrake is released.

The broken handbrake lever also meant it had caused the handbrake centre console to come adrift, that is now all fixed back in place.

Next jobs, rear spoiler and abs fault. And then to start dressing up the engine bay a bit.

Fitted BMC CDA intake and also swapped the drivers side headlamp to a new one without a chip in it. While doing that also added the uprated headlamp loom and fitted some Phillips Extreme bulbs.

Then found a few blobs of rust developing behind the passenger headlight and so ended up sanding back to bare metal and treating with POR15 epoxy paint (evil stuff but will never rust again!)

Paranoid about rust I then removed the battery to get a good look at the tray, very happy to see no rust and so then coated that in cavity wax.

Then started tidying up the engine bay, re-wrapped some of the wiring looms with new loom tape and also gave the rocker cover a paint. Polished the inlet and finally re-sprayed the bonnet stay with was getting a bit scabby.

Cleaned the car and started clay bar cleaning in prep for Stamford hall ;)

rebu2edu.jpg

Edited by Hofmiester

today an old lady went into the back of bully... i nearly cried :(

oh crap! sorry to hear :(

Yesterday I Hoovered the interior, then gave it a quick steam clean. Polished all the plastics. My lovely grey and black interior was carefully inspected by our Albino cat, Milo. After finding it nice and clean, and having 40 winks, I then had to re Hoover to remove all the white fur! [ATTACH=CONFIG]73895[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73896[/ATTACH]

im waiting for the results of the mechanic to see if they will right it off

---------- Post added at 4:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:58 PM ----------

just got the news!!!!!!!!! they gonna fix her!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 4:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:58 PM ----------

Cool!

Washed, polished, waxed, blacked the plastic and hoovered mine yesterday. If a bird poos on it now then I'm getting the air rifle out.

Crap that it happened but great news it's not a write off :)