Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Washed & polished it, ready for next doors cat to sleep all over it tonight! Also replaced dud boot light and fitted new cover on rear wiper spindle. More than enough effort in this heat!

Finally put it back together! I've had the dash out for forever, whilst sorting the meater matrix and exchange box I'd found a fried stereo wire. Didn't want to mess around myself so got a mobile guy in yesterday. Today I refitted all the heater pipework, with all new seals and refitted the dash. Just the undertrays to go in tomorrow morning then I'm ready[ish] for Castle Combe.. see you all in the afternoon!

fitted BMC CDA to the Storm, also installed my Alpine Bluetooth HiFi. An original First Aid Kit (won on eBay) also now nestled nicely in the rear armrest.

Stripped out and fitted new original VW bonnet release cable ... Adjusted the rubber bonnet stays and now it opens and closes like butter .. No where near as bad as I thought would be... Chufties

Bones

Fitted a new petrol flap as some b*****d nicked mine! Also fitted my new parcel shelf and also had a bash at fitting a new driver side electric window regulator (started tipping it down so had to leave it).....

Fitted Hood Liner from Group Buy- No noticeable increase in engine bay noise! Great! What a job getting the old crud off though- Struth...............but its done! Also fitted missing plastic clips that run along bottom of passenger door card- This has reduced cabin rattles by at least 50%- WHAT A WIN! Clips cost me a FIVER!

8atazyme.jpg

dasuruhe.jpg

Replaced drivers seat bolster foam from a passenger seat and replaced the wire in my seat for back support latch...

Playing with my clifford interface cable to try sort out my alarm!

8atazyme.jpg

dasuruhe.jpg

Replaced drivers seat bolster foam from a passenger seat and replaced the wire in my seat for back support latch...

Playing with my clifford interface cable to try sort out my alarm!

Often wondered how to replace bolsters. Is it quite a straightforward exercise or (as i'm sure it does) take

a lot of fannying around? Cheers!

Fitted Hood Liner from Group Buy- No noticeable increase in engine bay noise! Great! What a job getting the old crud off though- Struth...............but its done! Also fitted missing plastic clips that run along bottom of passenger door card- This has reduced cabin rattles by at least 50%- WHAT A WIN! Clips cost me a FIVER!

good work Byrd! did you use a glue thinner to remove the old stuff? im planning on attempting this job in the next few weeks hopefully

Didnt take any pictures but,

Spent hours reaquainting myself with the rear brakes on a volkswagen.

Took the pads out, cleaned them up, coppereased all the running surfaces and backs of pads (not the front face of the pads of course!) still had a sticking hand brake. Turns out is is the handbrake cable itself, so new one bought and will be fitted this weekend ready for MOT next week. Woohoo.

Oh and washed about 10 years worth of dirt off the wheel arches to find they are blue and in spanky condition! which is a bonus

Dougie

Made an early start (before the forecast rain this afternoon) detailing the paintwork on the bonnet. A good 20 minute rub down with some

Born Slippy/Water and a clay bar - not a lot of dirt came off...... then gave it the once over with the waffle buffer and some Lime Prime as there

were some swirl marks to get out due to over-zealous removal of some bird sh1te!! Pleased to report these have totally vanished!

Then gave it two once overs with the DoDo Juice Blue Velvet carnuba polish - again with a waffle buffer and then buffed off by hand 'Mr Miyagi'

stylee with two micro-fibre mitts. Exceptionally pleased with the results - particularly the absence of those swirl marks that were seriously

p1$$ing me of! :)

I did have a pic to upload but it doesn't seem to want to work.

Edited by VR-Sixy

Thanks Fay. Going to get the sides / wings done on Monday (day off.... yay!!) I was sweating like a glass-blowers ar$e after doing that bonnet!! LOLZ! :)

Often wondered how to replace bolsters. Is it quite a straightforward exercise or (as i'm sure it does) take

a lot of fannying around? Cheers!

Really easy mate!

Take seat out car, remove side plastic on seat, remove clips that hold cloth on and remove the fabric, remove foam bolster, replace and reverse process :)

Replacing the back support wire on the other hand is a pain in the a$$

Finally sorted my clifford today.

I now have remote central locking and full closure again !

Just need fettle the central locking pulse times as its a little intermittent locking / unlocking the car off the fob.

Really easy mate!

Take seat out car, remove side plastic on seat, remove clips that hold cloth on and remove the fabric, remove foam bolster, replace and reverse process :)

Replacing the back support wire on the other hand is a pain in the a$$

Thanks matey!! I'll give this a crack when i've a bit of time on my hands. Want to re-stictch the cloth as well.

No probs. fitted my seat back in and have it a good hoovering!! Just dash trims to refit and come up with a solution for my heater controls!

Not so much "what I did to my Corrado today" but since returning from Italy at 1AM Thursday, I've replaced coolant hoses, fitted new Aux water pump, fixed broken drivers door handle, removed rear engine mount and removed 12mm off it and refitted, made and fitted 4mm spacer to gearbox mount (to get 24V engine level), fitted Dave16V quick shift kit (awsome workmanship and works like a treat), modified and fitted intake pipe (changed 180 degree bend to 2 x 90 degree bends), OH and helped my Dad fit a new engine into his 1962 TR4,

Still to do include

MkIV Climatronic aircon,

5th gear deisel swap into close ratio V5 box

make up a dual signal post cat O2 sensor simulator (RS components £15)

respray

I think I might have tomorrow off, but I said that abut today!!!!

Dropped off my newly acquired rear seats to the trimmer today so soon my back seats will look as good as the front! Thanks again Sean for the seats