Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Don't know if it really counts but checked it in my garage if its still there :) Should be insured soon for my first drive :)

Got air condition drained (almost empty) - changed out leaking o-rings on the compressor - refilled, hopefully now will hold......cooling the car down to about 3C in 20+ weather :)

Also got new tyres for the refurbished speedline rims as they are going on before a trip to Germany later this summer :)

Pictures of garage?

Erm. It's a bit embarrassing, I've been a right lady-owner and strung fairy lights up :D:o just need to install various hooks for the husbands fishing rubbish, I mean stuff, or tackle or whatever it is.

In other news my CCGB membership pack came today!

I have been rather busy on my Corrado, it has been a long hard day but well worth the effort. I started off by changing my supercharger oil feed and return lines, changed my gear box oil and fitted a magnetic sump plug in the gear box. After that i had to replace a nylon bush that retains the spring behind the clutch pedal which was a real pain in the rear to do. I also took the time out to fit my new short shifter, replace all the gear shift bushes and fit new gear selecter cables. She is driving as smooth as silk now. Whilst my car was up on the ramp I took the time out to inspect the under side of the car and draw myself up a little 'to do list'

With the DBP VR6 currently road worthy and being rained off from out door DIY duties I decided to compression test Grimmys old classic green storm. With a fully charged battery and all sparkplugs out I put the compression tester into cylinder one and cranked it, there was a bang and all electrics in the garage and house went off!

I was a bit mystified until I looked up

016_zpsc80825aa.jpg

With the DBP VR6 currently road worthy and being rained off from out door DIY duties I decided to compression test Grimmys old classic green storm. With a fully charged battery and all sparkplugs out I put the compression tester into cylinder one and cranked it, there was a bang and all electrics in the garage and house went off!

I was a bit mystified until I looked up

016_zpsc80825aa.jpg

:lol: you might want to get a cover on that strip light Dox :rolleyes:

:lol: you might want to get a cover on that strip light Dox :rolleyes:

I wanted covers, the electrician said don't bother, you'll only break them. The sockets on the wall were filled as well. I'm glad I wasn't stood in front of it TBH

Last thurs, new front wheel bearing and coil overs fitted. Now got clutch slave cylinder waiting to go in. Decided to go whole hog on front suspension so it's all brand new so have drop link, track rod ends, and lower ball joints waiting to go on too. Plus the other front wheel bearing. So all all will be working rather well. Fingers crossed

This has been a busy week for me on my G60, after doing all that work on the gearbox and tower i finally managed to diagnose and fix my fog lights, I also fitted a new throttle cable as the old one was beginning to get a bit sticky its all done and dusted now :dance:

Bought a new Wing Mirror Switch, just need to motivate myself to fit it now

Remember to Power up the mirrors directly fromt a battery before fitting the switch or you'll be buying a new switch again ; )

Insured it earlier this week and MOTd it today. It passed again :) Now on my way to collect it.

Oh and had a brake fluid change as it was due. Always pay attention to the brakes on a car.

Edit: No advisories :)

Edited by Portent

Hoovered one of the dash screw covers up then sent my mrs off on one cos I cut the recently put in bag open to find it, as it was the last one and she's addicted to hoovering...

Picked up something really important to finish off tidying up the interior of the Storm. ura3y9y7.jpg

started stripping out old mad stereo wiring, and re-wiring.

Cheanged wipers over to Lupo Aero wipers - hopefully get some better wiping :)

Fitted new headlining (lighter colour) to brighten the place up a bit. Looks a lot lighter in the pics. yvadanyr.jpgyty8ere4.jpg

Fitted new headlining (lighter colour) to brighten the place up a bit. Looks a lot lighter in the pics. ze2yje8y.jpg

Over the weekend I started headgasket replacement on the VR, outdoors on the drive. All came apart pretty easily, appears to have the original gasket. Cleaned the head up and appears to be very flat so hopefully no skimming required. Hope the good weather continues!