Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Replaced all the vacuum rubber hosing and the throttle body rubber boot (£50!). She didn't want to fire up but had a fiddle with the vacuum capsule thingie plug on the air metering head and it started :clap: . Not gone for a drive yet, should cure the gentle kangarooing on lift off!! Fingles-crossed :lol:

Edit - No it hasn't but the shagged CV joints (multiple methinks) prob ain't helping none. :(

Removed stock o2 sensor from de-cat pipe and fitted a bosch 4.2 wideband sensor in its place. Wired in wideband controller and gauge. Connected simulated narrowband output from controller to the ecu. Set co pot to roughly 14.7 at idle when the engine is warm. Glad to say that the car seems to be fueling perfectly.

Next. :salute:

Put the rear lights on i bought of Bristolbaron,three were straight forward,the fourth needed a bit of adjustment !

After all of that,not sure if i like them !

Then put on my NEW 90amp alternator i bought from the stealers. :cuckoo:

Repaired the passenger door handle were the door lock had snapped off inside the door. Lucky I'm a horder of bits, as I had a spare handle/lock.

fitted a moon roof

updated front end (indecators and fogs)

changed my rims porsche d90s to some deep dish keskins :)

DSC02034.jpg

Finally got round to fitting my vented brake arch liners,

There's probably a proper name for them,but it escapes me ! :cuckoo:

Got the valver running and moved to the new house, and ordered a load of tools. Will order some parts for the valver in the week. :)

Took my 80 year old mum to lunch in the Storm - took quite a while to get her in and out :nuts:

Decided that tomorrow I'd better change my iginition switch after having about 30 attempts to start it after a probable job interview failure. :(

Luckily I was round the corner out of view! :lol: 8)

Decided going to get my finger out and get the Corrado on the road.

Started today by putting the battery on a charge---------well its a start :lol: :lol:

spent 5 hours on the car, took all inlet pipes off and ISV off to clean them as car is stalling.

washed, t-cut twice (bonnet took 4 t-cuts) then pollished, car is actually slightly shiny now!

getting it clean for fast car show this weekend.

Bought it!! :-D

Good for you! :)

Have you posted pics?.

Other than that I did (yeasterday) refit the brake caliper carriers, the "dust shields", and did some more cleaning of the gearbox........starting to closing in on refitting the rear beam, and getting that engine back in.........da*** I look forward to driving this thing for real after I bought it :)

Not yet I'm afraid but I will be doing once I'm actually back home and on a computer not a phone.

I bought the "ABT" one from the classifieds dispite it being a Cat C

Testfitted a wheel on the Rado... Cant use them :( I need a 15mm adapter to make it work and then Im going to have a raw poke!

imgp88891.jpg

Took my 80 year old mum to lunch in the Storm - took quite a while to get her in and out :nuts:

Can't blame her for not wanting to get out!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Rain-X'd the windscreen, headlights, mirrors and front windows then proceeded to anti fog the inside.

Refitted ciggy lighter with some sticky foam to stop it rattling.

Cleaned rust off spare wishbones, removed old bushes and fitted new ones followed with a good coating of satin black - phew !!

Changed the expansion tank so i can now see that there's coolant in there and sprayed my Mk4 rears ready to fit (once TPS actually finds me a pair of splash shields!)