Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Getting there now :) just gotta do plastics etc.. And clean everything up.

upatu4e9.jpg

Also stuck on some exhaust rubbers, picked the system up about 2"

Fitted a solid front engine mount.

Acceleration is so much more aggressive than before. No more clunking noises from engine movement

Never thought I'd say this...

It's finished! Booked in for MOT on Monday!!

Can't wait!

LdzzE47.jpg

avydequ5.jpg

Passed its MOT!

Been off the road since 2009, only advisory was that the jacking points were corroded.

Said it looks amazing and wanted buy it off me lol.

y3u3udyj.jpg

Looks great! I'm liking the mods you have, the OBD2, KW's, cams and final drive are all on my wish list. Nice and subtle mods that I'm sure make a big difference :)

Yesterday I got an insurance quote for my VR of £295 on a classic policy with all mods declared and a 210bhp limit. Today I will most likely pay for it.

Yesterday I got an insurance quote for my VR of £295 on a classic policy with all mods declared and a 210bhp limit. Today I will most likely pay for it.

who was that with Dave? I need to start looking at insurance!

wow, thats pretty good. I thought all classic policies didnt allow for modifications?

I think they vary, even the age of the car as one company needed my car to be 20 years old to qualify for classic, shame it's only 19 this year.

---------- Post added at 5:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:36 PM ----------

who was that with Dave? I need to start looking at insurance!

Lynbrook - http://www.lynbrookins.co.uk/

Needs to be garaged overnight if it's at home address and 4k mile limit.

Today I decided to buy my Corrado some new wheels. The awful wheels that came with the car have to go. The only problem as they are Porsche wheels i need to find some adapters. I'm borrowing a set a friend has tomorrow to see how thick i need mine. I don't want to do any arch work unless I have to

Fitted a new Bosche S5 battery so the car now starts on the button.

Had laser wheel alignment done (maybe my imagination but steering feels a lot weightier now).

Put the centre tunnel trim back on (bit that covers the hand brakes cables.

Fitted new glass to wing mirrors (amazing how having mirrors that aren't discoloured).

All in all a productive day and now my interior looks a bit more hospitable.

Fitted my rear speakers (many thanks to Kip), all is well now. I'm not too crazy about the sound in my car, but it's nice to have some background fill coming from the back.

Today saw the final piece of the puzzle fall into place, took all interior out, wet vac everything, and gave it a deep clean, also had the mops out and gave the bodywork a going over again as it had picked up some scratches / swirl marks in the garage, will be picking up a car cover tomorrow.

Also fitted my updated head light loom today, what a difference it makes!

ba7e4u8y.jpg

a2e5esag.jpg

burymahe.jpg

asyramah.jpg

epa2upeq.jpg

2yme2ysy.jpg

6eqy3y9u.jpg

Not everything went well though, noticed one of the rear seat bases didn't want to latch properly, upon closer inspection revealed this mess!

se2epa7a.jpg

Any ideas on fixing appreciated :)

Today I'm driving it lol, hitting the M65, M66, M62 towards Brighouse to look at a new potential motor.:shrug:

Any ideas on fixing appreciated :)

I'd probably try and bend that up with a bit of wood or something softish, then quick nibbing over with some wet and dry and mask underneath, waft some paint over. If it still doesn't catch, not sure, maybe a spot of weld on that front bit where it's split? then grind it down, paint etc.

Or if you want to go further, maybe a square plate over the top with a new hole?

Neil.

Edited by Riley

There's nothing there to bend up. That's the problem :) don't really want to get the welder out as I'd have remove all the interior again.

Would liquid metal be strong enough to hold the seat in place? I could easily fabricate a plate up and tap it into the existing bodywork also maybe, only worry is that it would have to sort of sit "recessed" in the hole so I don't have to modify the latch to get the height right?

Today I hated my Corrado again. It is the most unreliable, bad handling and irritating car i've ever owned... and I've had ****ty MK1 Caddys.

Finally got round to fitting the window regulator to the drivers door. What a fiddley pain it is. Should also thank Borachris for supplying it, in October!!!

Fitted 2 brand spanking new rear calipers. On the old ones the handbrake mechanism was shot and it only just passed last years MOT on the handbrake efficiency test. :-/

Easy job. Was expecting a fit getting the flexi hoses off.

raised the C up a little (still got wheel rub so still not happy ) sorted my speedo cable problem out ( i think) fixed a water leak i didnt know i had now off to wash her and make her look pretty again may even get to refit the driverside underdash shelf today aswell good day on the C

Not a massive thing but I finally have working side indicators! Removed arch liner to thankfully find the wires just hanging there. Amazes me how some people look after a car. Also changed the white lenses for smoked ones so it looks a little more stealth.

20130406_154413_zps60448672.jpg

20130406_173229_zps37faaa16.jpg

Aahhh! First drive this year. Along the coast on a sunny afternoon, with nothing particular to do, other than enjoying accelerations and decelerations and brake in and accelerate out and shift up and shift down and and and... MMmmmm ;)

Darn, it's a good driving machine! Not made for transportation, but fun ;)

Cheers,

Redfox ;)

Aahhh! First drive this year. Along the coast on a sunny afternoon, with nothing particular to do, other than enjoying accelerations and decelerations and brake in and accelerate out and shift up and shift down and and and... MMmmmm ;)

Cheers,

Redfox ;)

Here Here! :D

Good man!

I went to the coast today and wanted to take the Corrado. Unfortunately i still have the rear brakes to bleed, the interior is a mess with trim still needing to be refit from taking the headlining out and dog hair :-? So took the Passat instead. Was dying to get the C on the country roads.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Cheers,

Redfox ;)

Here Here! :D

Good man!

I went to the coast today and wanted to take the Corrado. Unfortunately i still have the rear brakes to bleed, the interior is a mess with trim still needing to be refit from taking the headlining out and dog hair :-? So took the Passat instead. Was dying to get the C on the country roads.

i had a good drive to goodwood and a good play with a load of scoobies going to sushi sunday,,good to show the jap boys wot a 20year vr goes like:smug:

Fitted new head and cam.

Timed everything up, may need to tweak the cam slightly and remap, but it all runs now