Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Faulty In-Pro smoked rear lights.

This is very hard to photo, so you'll have to take my word for it.

My rear fogs emit white light as well as red - which would be an MOT failure - let alone TUV.

Difficult to show on here, but hopefully you miiight be able to see...

Could someone else with smoked in-pros check theirs? Preferrably in the dark ;)

I might have a dodge set... but MoT is Thursday, so miiight be an idea to fix before then!

Nope, dry 'n' tight... (oo-err)

(And still mis-aligned)

Is the nearside slightly whiter than the drivers side ?

If so, just remove the bulb from the nearside - not needed for MOT

Both the same, sadly.

Although it does look that way in the pics - in real life they are as bad as each other.

Ive just had a look at mine and both sides do show some white light just like yours..........If you sort it then let us know how to fix please.

FurkiG60, cheers bud - but I'd rather fix & forget.

Phil K, true - but its the principal! £130 lights, TUV-tested "best lights you can get" yadda yadda. First lot leaked, now these are a potential MOT failure!

John (16VG60) pointed out that it would have to be a hitler of a MoT tester to fail them, but yes, it was a design flaw that he's just noticed on his too.

Would be interesting to know whether its to the same degree on everyone's car - or if some are worse than others.

JBOB, I'll look at it tonight (I have about 30 mins from when I get home and the car's being picked up by the garage!) and let you know.

I don't have any glass paint - nor can I get any where I'm going today, so I may improvise with some black electrical tape, plugging up the gap between the red filter and the back reflector - so stop the white light getting out.

Or may just cover the bottom half of the bulb, so only the top half emits, and emits into the filter.

I'll keep you updated....

Glad to know its not just me though :roll:

I didn’t get mine from the G/B cos mine were lost in the post (Royal Mail :x ) I got mine last week for my B'day so they will most likely be from a different batch to yours. So must be a fault on all of them :roll:

Seeing as their some of the most expensive rear lights for a car that ive seen you’d think they would be perfect :lol:

£130 lights, TUV-tested "best lights you can get" yadda yadda. First lot leaked, now these are a potential MOT failure!

Sh1ttest lights you can get more like! They are complete dog poo.

Painted OE Hellas are far better IMO.

Would need to check mine tonight, and will let you know. But can't remember ever having spotted that problem on mine, nor that I failed the MOT, as I already had mine on last year summer, when I passed the MOT with flying colours.

Tempest

A friend of mine bought some in-pro light for a mk2 a year or so ago, he put them on and said 'what do you think?' My response was to take them off straight away and to take them back for a refund. They just looked really cheap to me, the worst bit was you could see silicone( that had obviously been applied by hand very poorly) everywhere that had been used to fix the lens' and had just splooged out. I don't know if they are any better now.....

A, the worst bit was you could see silicone( that had obviously been applied by hand very poorly) everywhere that had been used to fix the lens' and had just splooged out. I don't know if they are any better now.....

Yep! I had an early set of InPros and bought them when they were new and trendy....and £250!! I noticed the silicon applied by a 5 year old but gave them the benefit of the doubt. I put them on the car and they look shite and then swapped them for a new coilpack immediately!

The irony of it is that InPro advertise them on an Ice Grey Corrado (same colour as mine) and they look cool on that car, but shite on mine....weird.

They have to be naffest mod available for the Corrado at the moment, but mainly because of the cheapness of materials and construction making them look naffer than Corsa Lexus lights.

:p got both FK and in-pro lights on my corrados and they look excellent and neither have the problem with the fog lights... :p

Well my car's just been picked up by the garage who's doing the MoT for me tomorrow and I pointed it out to the guy.

His response was "Ah I see what you mean. Don't worry about it mate, I'll have a word with the tester - everything will be fine. Oh, and I'm only gonna charge you £30 for the MoT if thats cool. I'll see if I can source some red bulbs for you and throw them on."

No prompting required and courtesy car, tanked up with gas.

1.4 litre Rover 25, mind, but hey.

MG Rover bending over backwards for service though. Yay for "Over" :)

Just checked mine, and yes, they, too, showed a white silhouette when looking at them from a certain angle, BUT, rest assured, as stated above, I have had my Rado MOTed last summer with the InPros already in place, and they did NOT fail me on the rear fog.

Furthermore, I haven't had any negative feedback from anyone regarding this issue from the very first group buy (back in 2003 when I also got mine), hence only the strictest of MOT testers may cause problems.

Even over in Germany I have NEVER heard of failed TÜVs because of this. If that were the case, then InPro would have addressed this issue, or the German TÜV would not have issued the E-Mark.

So, I wouldn't worry too much.

Well my car's just been picked up by the garage who's doing the MoT

Ohh, you are courageous !! I always insist on being the "vehicle presenter" at my MOT test station, i.e. the guy who operates all the switches and does everything as instructed by the tester, as I won't let anyone near to any of my babies, especially not my Mk1 (would get an instant heart attack, if that happened). last time round, I was even allowed onto the brake rollers, told me what to do, did that, and could test myself :lol: That was fun, as it took me 3 attempts to get the procedure right, each time the rollers threw me off, the tester laughing his head off :lol:

Tempest

I always insist on being the "vehicle presenter" at my MOT test station, i.e. the guy who operates all the switches and does everything as instructed by the tester, as I won't let anyone near to any of my babies, especially not my Mk1 (would get an instant heart attack, if that happened). last time round, I was even allowed onto the brake rollers, told me what to do, did that, and could test myself That was fun, as it took me 3 attempts to get the procedure right, each time the rollers threw me off, the tester laughing his head off

:) :lol:

yup, I get my mate to MOT my cars... I know he's an utter ba$tard about MOTs so it won't pass unless it deserves to, but I do the button pressing, put in on the brake roller and drive it while he just does the inspection bit... No-one other than me drove J-DUB after I finished her, and the same'll probably go with H-YYU once I've done her too... Although my missus may have the odd go just to keep her happy... 8)