Jim

The definitive "what exhaust?" discussion thread!

Full Miltek system and sport cat, with a raceland 6 branch manifold.

Oh my god it sounds amazing! It's hard to know exactly what's the exhaust and what's the 6 branch, but boy does it sound good.

At idle the miltek sounds nice and deep and bassy - i'm not sure what the previous SS exhaust was on the car, but you couldn't really hear it at all.

I didn't want something quiet like the standard exhaust, so to me this is perfect :)

I got the miltek system & cat, just need the 6 branch, have you uprated your engine mounts Will, this is the why the 6 branch break, shagged mounts.

I've got a Vibratechnics competition mount on the front mate, and I think Vince stuck with standard for the others.

There doesn't really seem to be any significant movement from the engine now which is cool :)

Would you say the SuperSprint is quieter than standard?

Just fitted my suspersprint exhaust, pretty much the same as standard noise wise. Although it does have a little more purpose at idle.

Here's a quick vid

Ive got a six branch and 63mm custom pipe all the way to supersprint backbox...thats it ! Juts one box :lol:

same ish here just the 6 branch an empty and an fk backbox :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well 17 years on the car still has its Original Exhaust;

but we have been warned to expect trouble ahead.

Main potentials arising are the Rear and front boxes :-(

From the Posts placed Supersprint seem to have the edge

I was quite shocked at the prices but hey ho the Joys!

I have a G60 with a full milltek system, it fits well and makes a nice sound especailly when pushed hard. Cant say a bad thing about it.

Sounds lush dont it.... :twisted:

nah mate sounds FAR better than that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Just had a stainless steel fitted from Longlife exhausts in Cardiff. £289 all in from down pipe back on my 1.8 valver. A tad to loud round town for my liking (i'm 32 now!) but deep with it. It quietens off over 3000rpm and best of all its inaudible on the motorway so no bleeding ears!!!! The fit is perfect and does not bang or knock anywhere. Took 3hrs 30mins to fit.

I've just fitted a supersprint straight through pipe (replaces the front and centre box with just 2 pipes) going straight into a VW backbox. I was short on cash and this was the cheapest option :oops:

The SS pipes were £90. All I can say is its LOUD. Bit too loud for me round town, its silent below 1500 rpm, then really loud from 1500 to 3500, then it quitens down again above that. Can't complain for the price tho.

Guess I'm one of the :twisted: now!!

I can empathise with you there mate!! I don't think Corrados suit loud exhausts, their too classy a coupe for that. Its never a good thing driving round town sounding like Saxo's and Corsa's lol!!

Magnex system on the current VR6.

Better fit to the previous Miltek system on my old Corrado, however it doesn't sound as nice.

Just as a matter of interest, why doesn't it sound as nice ?

They both sound pretty much the same on idle and I would say are very quiet systems compared to other manufacturers. My only criticism is that you still hear too much bass at full throttle - I can hear the exhaust when I want to hear the engine. The Milltek gave this lovely raspy note in the middle of the rev range but kept the unique sound of the VR6. It's quite odd to explain without the sound but here is my old VR filmed by Biggerbigben with a Milltek cat back

Sounds amazing!

I guess I also fell for the Milltek because it caused me a fair amount of hassle before it was fitted perfectly - it required refitting twice because it kept growing further out the back, I have no idea how but the centre pipe required cutting back twice. It felt like the perfect troublesome exhaust for the perfect troublesome car!

Also Halfords sell Magnex… so it is fitted to Corsa’s etc, whereas Milltek is seen on BMW M series, Porsche, Merc etc

Thanks for that double-6s!! I often need someone to point out the obvious to me :lol:

This time I had actually worked out myself that removing boxes would make it louder!!

I'm not complaining, I didn't have much choice. Couldn't afford to buy boxes you see. It's quietening down a bit now anyway.

Any suggestions on how much i should be paying and where would be the best place to source a Supersprint cat back with stainless back box??

Goldie, speak to Vince at Stealth. He was really helpful with mine and I got it delivered next day. Your looking at about £190 for the stainles steel backbox and then another £150ish for the other boxes/pipe but this depends on what setup you go for. (there are 2 options, the pipes that replace the centre+front boxes are only £90 but for the old style C) so you could do it for around £300-£350. He might give a bit of a discount too if you mention the forum!

92 G60

Supersprint system- cat by-pass, centre pipe, centre box and back box with oval tail pipe.

Purchased a Supersprint system through Vince at Stealth. Highly recommended Goldie, although I got sent the wrong cat by pass and was missing a centre pipe, who i might add was the factories fault in Italy not Stealths. Vince did his upmost to get it sorted, which he did in a matter of days :D

The garage that fitted were hesitent to fit an aftermarket exhaust due to fitting problems, but he said in the end he had no probs and it fitted perfectly, no knocking etc. Once on the road it wasnt too loud at any revs. Looked the part and very close to the original tail pipe look. It was a bit more expensive then some other systems at £450 inc postage, but it was worth the extra cash.

Stoopid question alert :oops:

Whats the benefit of fitting a cat bypass when you could lose it and fit a straight though piece of pipe?