Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

g60 overfuelling bad mpg etc

I haven't come across one that was ever seized. big spanner of the correct size and off you go.

Better to disconnect the wires first obviously cos they get knotted round everything otherwise.

Gavin

henny why did i take you sol long to change the probe waas it well seized in any tips?

The company who fitted the exhaust system before I got the car (begins with a J and ends in a sheep kinda noise) had fitted the lambda cross threaded...

It took me 90 minutes of swearing and swinging from it on axle stands in my garage to realise that I was gonna have to take it to my mate's garage for him to have a go at it... :| We eventually had to remove the exhaust, wrench the old probe out, helicoil the probe's mount and then refit it all...

I've done 'em in under an hour before now up on axle stands, best 2 tips are to soak the old one in plus-gas a while before you start and to have a small blowtorch handy to heat up the thread a bit to un-stick it... 8)

sweet as cheers ive got a lovely snap on extra long 22mm spanner for my bikes wheel spindle! but knowing my luck there wont be enough room to use it!! henny did the lambda sort your problems? also i take it the 93031 part number guarantees a bosch lambda? are we entitled to a discount for being on the forum? is it worth a try?!

billinjahg60, that number doesn't guarantee a bosch part, but if you ask 'em you should be able to get one out of 'em... 8)

The lambda normally lives on TOP of the cat/cat-bypass so getting a spanner in can be a bit of a git...

discounts are always worth trying to get... there's nothing official set up, but it's not going to hurt giving it a try... ;)

i take it the 93031 part number guarantees a bosch lambda?
Nope - we have very few of the Bosch ones left

are we entitled to a discount for being on the forum? is it worth a try?!
Everything in life's worth a try. If you're a CCGB member, some (not all) of our branches will offer a discount.

There is no national agreement but most of our branches will offer a discount to members of various motoring clubs.

i tried my local gsf today for a bosch lambda,they dont sell em :(

anyone know of a branch that definately does?

got the chance of a new bosch one in the classifieds for £65 delivered,but money is very tight at the moment!

is £65 ok?

neil.

try the trafford park one, they had a couple left in stock when I got mine... ;)