Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

g60 overfuelling bad mpg etc

my g60 seems to be returning very bad mpg since it was retimed to 6 deg btdc it rarely breaks 20 mpg and smells of petrol there are no leaks at all btw. it also seems down on power low down and top end the midrange is unchanged im still running a god awful jabba chip but im waiting for a fmic before i get darren to sort an sns chip for me. and ideas of any thing i can try in the meantime?

Sounds like a bad oxygen sensor (lambda probe) could be the culprit. Disconnect it & if the car is still the same, chances are that's your problem.

The plug is down the back of the engine - next to the OSF chassis leg.

ah yeah forgot about that! il have a go tomo do gsf do them?
We sell the "universal" type but IMO you'd be better getting the proper sensor with all the wiring attached.

ah yeah forgot about that! il have a go tomo do gsf do them?
We sell the "universal" type but IMO you'd be better getting the proper sensor with all the wiring attached.

Second that as i had a serious problem with a universal one last yr

chris

Think there round the £60, maybe way off?

I did mine with a 22mm spanner i'm sure

chris

Its coming along

Spent 9 hours today been the 2.

Stripping bits off the blue one

Fitting new carpet, cabling & starting to get leather in

More todo tomorro

chris

cheesy, dunno if i missed something but whay are you swapping bits over??? crash?? - sorry OT!

I was having alot of probs with me blue c over the course of last yr or so.

It started getting reallly sillly the ammount i was still putting into it so stopped and trying to make some money back, i bought myself another c a G60 about 6 weeks back with a blown matrix for cheap money and tidying it up.

chris

just to but in, :)

anyone used these guys? here?

price includes vat and postage,bosch one is £65 for a 92 g60,is that decent?

scroll down for prices.

neil.

cheers :D

so looking for 1 volt at the signal wire then? is this with the car running or just with the ignition on? :oops:

also,just phoned the guy from the above website,

the bosch one is actually £106.93 :shock: and an ngk one is £57.58.

neil.

Not quite 1v but, "The voltage produced should swing from app 0.2v to 0.8v and back around once per second. "

This is with the engine running and up to temperature, and the lambda still connected!

Bill, I use a 2.99 Netto one and it works ok. :lol:

Certainly no different to the one I use on planes which cost a lot more.

Gavin

I think I'm going to have to buy another Lambda too, had one from GSF and it worked OK for a while but its had it, I had to cut it on Saturday night before GTI Festival!!!!

Does anyone know the best place to get one from or am I going to have to spend silly cash at the stealers again? I'm sure they are over £100 from VW???

Be sure to use Bosch Lambda sensors (OE manufacturer) - last longer & more reliable than other manufacturers. Can be bought from various places.

Your local branch of GSF should be able to order the correct probe from Bosch - may take a few days though.

Get your local branch to give me a call, here in Birmingham (they'll have my number), if they have any problem ordering the probe.

Steve McDermott,

Mercedes Product Manager,

GSF Car Parts.

Be sure to use Bosch Lambda sensors (OE manufacturer) - last longer & more reliable than other manufacturers. Can be bought from various places.

Your local branch of GSF should be able to order the correct probe from Bosch - may take a few days though.

Get your local branch to give me a call, here in Birmingham (they'll have my number), if they have any problem ordering the probe.

Steve McDermott,

Mercedes Product Manager,

GSF Car Parts.

I did, you were on a day off... :roll: :lol:

Think I'll take this universal one back... :|

Henny, The branches should be able to get the Bosch ones without the need to contact me.

The universal ones are okay - I have one on my car at the mo - just a bit more hit & miss than the propper Bosch ones.