Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

g60 overfuelling bad mpg etc

stevemac, sounds like the guys in the Trafford center branch need a good shoe-ing then... they couldn't find any other than the universal one or the one for the VR6... :|

think I'll just fit the universal one and do some interesting wiring while I'm in there for my A/F gauge... ;) :twisted:

Henny, We keep the sensors in stock, in a variety of cable lengths - I'm just gonna go measure the cable lengths that we have & re-post the part numbers .. :wink:

Right then - GSF part number 93031 should fit G60's. Comes complete with cable & plug, the wiring is approx 510mm long from the end of the plug to where the wires go into the sensor. From memory - this should be about the right length.

Stock here is MTE, although some of our branches may have stock of the Bosch ones - under the same part number.

Retail is £49.00 + vat

'Retail is £49.00 + vat'

would that be the same price for a bosch one steve?

also,do you sell the t body gaskets?

gonna test the lambda tommorow and inspect the wiring,i think theres sommet just not quite right.

neil.

Riley, The price is for that particular part number - our stock is mainly MTE but some Bosch ones are kicking around.

At 510mm, the cable length is a little longer than the standard G60 sensor length of approx 360mm.

If you want a Bosch sensor with the correct cable length (360mm) - I'll get a price for you tomorrow (may be a little more expensive than £49 + vat though). As I said, we don't stock these but can get them direct from Bosch.

Unfortunately, the throttle body gaskets are VAG only - from memory, mine were about £5 for the pair.

If you want a Bosch sensor with the correct cable length (360mm) - I'll get a price for you tomorrow (may be a little more expensive than £49 + vat though). As I said, we don't stock these but can get them direct from Bosch.

yep id really appreciate that steve :thumbleft:

could i order one through yourself? a bosch one?

my local gsf is on the verge of shutting down i think :(

thanks,neil.

could i order one through yourself? a bosch one?

id just do it through their website mate you can just enter that part number in.

i fiddled with the wiring to my lambda and it seems to be running a lot better so im going to give the contacts a good clean and see what happens from there.

cheers m8,i just tried it but it dosnt specify weather its bosch or not. :(

cant wait to test it tommorow,ive just got a feeling its dead!

cant wait to test it tommorow,ive just got a feeling its dead

i need a multimeter first :( do i just put it on voltage?

cant wait to test it tommorow,ive just got a feeling its dead

i need a multimeter first :( do i just put it on voltage?

yep im pretty sure thats the case m8,and we are looking for a cycle of 0.2 volt to 0.8 volt or so ive read. :)

put one probe to earth and the testing probe to the signal wire (black on mine)

im gonna test it at dinner time 8)

neil.

Right then - GSF part number 93031 should fit G60's. Comes complete with cable & plug, the wiring is approx 510mm long from the end of the plug to where the wires go into the sensor. From memory - this should be about the right length.

Stock here is MTE, although some of our branches may have stock of the Bosch ones - under the same part number.

Retail is £49.00 + vat

Cheers for this Steve, just swapped the universal one with a nice new Bosch one with that part number... the guys have now made a note so anyone going to the Trafford park branch will get one of these if they request an expensive non-universal one... 8)

Also bagged myself a nice discount on it, so it didn't hurt as much as I thought it was going to... 8)

ok i tested it,

it was reading from 0.019 to 0.899,is that ok?

it was a diffarent reading every second between the above numbers.

henny,any more details on the bosch one? price etc?

neil. :)

according to what others have said on here that sounds like what we're supposed to be getting unless i misunderstood?

im not really sure m8 :roll:

i dont know weather the reading should stay similar or not,mine was all over the place like...

0.6 - 0.2 - 0.8 - 0.1 - 0.7

just thought it might of been more like...

0.5 - 0.6 - 0.5,a bit more stable like :?

neil.

no it should cycle between 0.1 volt to 0.9 volt at idle , up down up down makes you dizzy watching it. its like a hyperactive child lol

The numbers are right Neil. It keeps changing as the ECU is constantly altering the mixture/injector firing to keep the CO 'constant' to prevent damage to the cat. If it gose rich the voltage goes one way so the ECU weakens the mixture which then shows up at the probe as a weak mixture so it then richens it up. This happens about once a second when the probe has got to temp.

Gavin

ok i tested it,

it was a diffarent reading every second between the above numbers.

henny,any more details on the bosch one? price etc?

neil. :)

The details that Steve gave on the Bosch sensor were all I needed to be able to get one from GSF.... His price was spot on too, but I got a discount for being a regular customer :oops: :lol: and for working where I work and getting them some freebies too... ;) :lol:

Riley, as it happens, yes... Marketing exec, Station Co-ordinator (glorified PA), and then a load more coming up at the start of next year when we launch XFM Manchester, possibly including another engineering job! :p

Does any 1 know if a faulty sensor will cause pinking ?

Petrol Head G60 Cab, normally dead lambdas cause the ECU to overfuel, not underfuel, but, as it does aid control of the fuelling, it is possible that it could cause pinking if it failed in an unusual way... :?

well i still havent got my multimeter yet so havent checked the lambda, but it makes no differece at all if its plugged in or not! so i guess its dead.