Sign in to follow this  
_Monkey

Monkeys IHI G60

Cheers guys,

IHIG60 Thanks for the heads up, but i think that's my mate rallyejimbo so it's all good.

Will let you know how it handles once i've been able to give the arches a little loving!

By the way, did I see your car up Jabba today?

Bally Yeah mate, he seems like a nice bloke, they were a real bargain!

Think you probably did been there 2 months now hopefully getting back tomorrow or friday now.

By the way what were they doing with it as in what state was it in. Apart from proper needing a clean lol.

With respect on your old wheels they were the only thing letting your car down but now loads better.

How come you were there at Jabba??

Cheers guys :)

Think you probably did been there 2 months now hopefully getting back tomorrow or friday now.

By the way what were they doing with it as in what state was it in. Apart from proper needing a clean lol.

With respect on your old wheels they were the only thing letting your car down but now loads better.

How come you were there at Jabba??

2 Months! :shock: Bet your missing it!

Mind you know just how you feel, they had mine for 3 and a half when they were doing the turbo conversion.

You car was just outside the gates, it was so dirty I nearly missed it! :lol:

I was at Jabba to fix the actuator bracket that broke when the turbo was hit against the bulkhead when the engine mount let go, and to get the fueling sorted after I swapped the head.

Unfortunately, one of the screws that held the bracket on ripped the thread out of the hole on it's way out, so now I gotta take the turbo off and re-tap the hole in the turbo so I can mount the actuator safely! :roll:

Remember, if your front mount looks a bit ill, REPLACE IT sharpish!!!

Well its been replaced already for a mechanical one but its still not quite right so gonna just put vibra technics on all 3 mounts.

Basically thats why my flexi joint also needed repairing too much movement from the engine.

Lol yea its my daily car so tends to get quite filthy, really should keep on top of it.

Did you have chance to look round it dave?

Shame really that i said you could go out in it as well, yet it needs mapping to be able to put the foot down.

Cheers guys,

Bally Yeah mate, he seems like a nice bloke, they were a real bargain!

thought they looked famliar... yep Jimmys a sound dubber... :D

Had to raise it up on the back today due to scrubbage, it wasn't fun with completely seized coilovers!

All I can say I'm now a believer in wynns super rust penetrator!!!

Thanks to rallyejimbo too, for his help with the beating stick! :thumbleft:

06042006091.jpg

Olly, no mate, it was the original reason for going up too! NOT amused! :mad:

Si, didn't get a chance to look around it, only noticed it as I was going out, what was it having done?

Flexi joint repaired, had new style exhaust manifold, turbo repaired, limiter raised to 7500, new file for fueling to 7500, remapped-(on rollers now), new ignition parts.

Did you get your bottom end sorted, thought you said it needed to before you went big valve head?

Help needed!

After having a front engine mount give up, the engine moved so much that it split my flexi hose and bashed the turbo against the bulkhead to the extent that it broke the actuator bracket off of the turbo!

Now I've fixed all that and i've put on a BBM solid mount (thanks Darren) but the I can still hear the bracket catching the bulkhead under heavy acceleration, so i'm thinking the the rear two have to be done as well.

So do you think that I'll be able to get away with just replacing for OE ones, should I fork out for Vibra ones(bearing in mind, I'm still unemployed!), or is there another option??

Cheers guys!

Def get vibra ones if you can afford them id say as i had similar prob dave with the flexi.

Im gonna go vibra all round.

Did you not take the job at the docks then? Any news on the VW job?

No mate, the job turned out not to be as it seemed, VW are being really slow about things, so I went for a service engineer on sat and was offered the job this afternoon! :D

Thanks for the advice, I don't wanna have to have the downpipe off again, it's really not fun when you don't have a set of ramps!! :roll:

the vibratech front mount on mine is great going to be replacing the rears too (they are currently OEM)

Vibratech engine mounts defo! I got my engine back in at the weekend and they are so stiff you need 2 people to get the front mount on! My engine hardly moves at all in the bay under load! Worth the £££ imo !

Cheers guys, looks like I'm gonna be giving Vibratech my hard earned!

Where is the best place to get them from?

F**king Somerset roads!!!! :x :x :x

I'm on my home from the Tae Kwon Do training week, I get all the way back to within about 3 miles of home, when I hit a fucking huuuggee pothole in the road, thing is you can't really see it when you're coming up on it.

Anyway, the up and the down up if is my rim's buggered and It only a couple of weeks till ed 38!!!

Thanks very f**king much Somerset County council!!!! :x :x :x

05082006405.jpg

05082006411.jpg