Sign in to follow this  
DaveStorm

Four Door Corrado?

It looks nice IMO, but not as a Corrado they should call it something like Passaithon :lol:

now where have we heard this before

Using a combination of components from the Golf and Passat, the coupé has been engineered with both front- and four-wheel drive compatibility. Power is set to come from a range of in-line four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines as well as VW’s new 280bhp 3.6-litre V6 petrol. A more powerful turbocharged version of the V6 with up to 350bhp is also envisaged.

4 door and coupé in the same sentance lmao hardly a coupé is it.

Where is the Active spoiler?

they should call it something like Passaithon

You're right there... I think that VW have got so much to live up to with the Corrado that it's gonna have to be absolutely spot on ta call it one.

I won't be saving up just yet.

As far as modern day designs go, it doesnt look too bad, but in comparison to "THE" Corrado, nope, not a chance. I'll take my 10yr old car over that anyday thank you.... I wouldnt mind an engine swap though with one of those though :p :D

4 DOOR COUPÉS ARE ALL THE RAGE NOW

check out the Merc CLS and Mazda RX 8 for exmaple

Four door coupé? Hmmm may just be me - but I'm sure coupé suggests the car should only have TWO frikin doors.

"Beat her like a ginger stepchild"

4 DOOR COUPÉS ARE ALL THE RAGE NOW

True, but unfortunately little me also disagrees with that newly found definition of the term coupe.

Anything with 4 doors is a family saloon, emphasizing the word family. Coupes only have 2 doors (who cares about family in this context :lol:).

Tempest

4 doors on a Corrado is like putting 4 doors on the new Dodge Charger.

Sacrilege IMO

However a 2 door coupe would put VAG in competition with itself e.g the new TT whenever its due. So I would not be surprised if it stays at 4 doors. Whether they'll have the minerals to call it "Corrado" we will have to see!!

It would be a shame though if one of those engine fell out of the lorry during delivery..............YOINK!

Lippy

The Mazda RX8 is marketed as a coupe and that has 5 doors....but I know what you mean!

Anyway, I think it looks OK as far as current VWs go..... but VW are barking up the wrong tree if they think that Corrado is going to attract existing Corrado owners and new customers alike....