dinkus

The definitive 312mm brakes onto a VR thread

ive fitted mine but they are spongy

i know i need goodridges but any other tips?

Was the best/cheapest supplier for goodridges established?

OK guys, anyone who has done this conversion where did you get your bolts from??

I'm having real trouble sourcing them and the closest I have found is 8.8!

A contact number would be bloody helpful.

Hold that one... just found somewhere and ordered 20 of these in cap head.

M12 x 40 x 1.5 in 12.9

So there will be 4 sets going if anyone wants? They should be in near the end of the week, although I want to test the fit first.

I bought my bolts from a local fixings place. They didn't have any in stock, but got me some ordered in for the next day.

I bought 20 because they weren't that expensive.

So I've got a set, xbones has had a set (and yeah mate, I'll send you the right washers :) ), Kev wants a set from anyone offering and then I still have 2 sets left...

i can't remember having any bolt problems??!! Must have had some in the garage already........found it very straight forward, just want to get rid of the spongyness etc.....

What pads have you got H8RRA?

I'll have braided hoses all round, 5.1 fluid and Pagid FR pads... so hopefully it won't be spongey :?

the full setup came brand new-ish looked like they'd done delivery miles so i just chucked th std pads in that came with it - i know its far from ideal but i was excpecting better even with std!!?? maybe my cars just going too fast at the mo and i don't realise how quick i'm stopping :)

:lol: Yeah, I've got a set of what look like new pads with my setup, but I'd already bought Pagid FRs, so I'll just have to do something with the standard pads.

I'll let you know what they're like after they're fitted tomorrow :D Gotta bed the pads in tho, so probably won't be too amazing to start with :(

I've heard from other people the 312s are spongey also, but given they're the same as the 288s (which aren't spongey), just sitting further out, then it's prolly down to poor bleeding and / or rubbish pads.

Just a smidge :)

I got my neighbour to do the final fitting and bleeding for me at the garage he works at.

He just dropped the car off and let me know what he'd done etc and said on the way to the garage he wasn't wildly impressed with the brakes.

On the way back he said he almost head-butted the windscreen :lol: And they're not even bedded in yet :evil:

Brakes look good, good to hear they are working well too.

This brings us on to the next issue, what are you doing with your old 280mm calipers and caliper carriers? Pm me with a price if you still have them ;)

They get better with time, I wasn't impressed to start off with. Mind you, I had brand new discs but it still took a while for them to get really good. I have standard pads and now metal brake hoses.

I would say they are a little spongey at the start of the brake pedal, but boy do they come on strong not long after that!

No regrets at all. I've had standard, 288 then the 312mm.

Plus they look fecking huge!! :)

T.