Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

New Corrado Addition

Well thnx to louie lungbubble for completing my search for the book that featured my car MANY years ago(i'm sure theres another lol) and him taking his time to scan pics for me I decided to add these :)

oh and no wallpaper comments plz!

did u actually exist when your corrado was made?

lol, joking! keep up the good work :)

How and when did you realise your car was the press car from all those years ago?

welli remember when my mate first got the car 3 years ago, and I fell in love with them, and I was looking for pics of corrados wehen i came accross the coloured one,didnt think much of it at first, then when my mate came and picked me up one time i saw his plate and realised it was the same one.My mate did say to me that it was in a mag/book once.

I searched for 2 years to try and find that pic again but i never did

When i found this place i put out several requests for the pics but only the other day Louie Lungbubble(i.e. god) said he had the book and scanned them for me.

OMG thats crazy u have the ORID press car WOW ...

i think you mean ORIG?

thanks i effin treasure it!

How cool, my first Corrado was another of these early press cars - F238 BVV I think. I bought it in 1994 on Boxing Day in the dark from a trader in Northampton. Anyhow, cos it was Xmas I didn't HPI it - what a mistake, the car was twisted and drove horribly - I wrote it off after a week and was lucky to escape unhurt. I then discovered it had been written off in the first 4 months of it's life, repaired and written off AGAIN!!! 3 yrs later. I think I finished it off once and for all but was so gutted as I loved it (was 22 at the time and had sold a concours Scirocco GTX to buy it!) Yours looks great though! Mine had elec roof but manual windows - is this ne the same?

veeDuB_Rado, That's gotta be worth more than an unknown equivalent model, might not be much but back it up with evidence and you've got yourself one special Corrado.

If I had it I don't think I would ever part with it.

No, everything is electric in this one.

Just talking to my dad now, he asked me where these pics were taken, I said Pendine beach

he said "funny that cos when you were 10 or 9 we went down to pendine beach"

what a coincidence :D

Something like 10 or whatnot

The clock says just over 140k

I'll be honest guys, it's not the original engine (that's why I claim it's quicker than any other standard 1.8 16v)

Got lots of reciepts here,LOTS, speaking to previous owner he said that a g60 was put in at one stage for a while then taken back out.

this is the bl**dy car that started my Rado obsession... its all it's fault...!!!

I had the same pics that u have on pg 1 framed on my wall from the age of about 10 til i was about 15!!! this was the car that made me swear to myself I'd own a red Rado one day... am sure I still have the poster somewhere!!

my friends used to laugh at me cos they had pics of boy bands and such like on their walls and I had red corrados.............. :roll:

I hope you can make it to a meet sometime... I wanna see this car in the flesh!!!

fair play to you dude...she's looking nice....

:D

just my humble opinion....but it would be nice to see standard rear lights and front grill on her, just to keep her standard looking, and i never thought i'd hear myself say it..but if it was mine i'd be putting the sebrings back on her too!...other than a slight drop it would be just like it was in the pic! 8)

:cry:

I know, I'm really in 2 minds about it, 1 half wants to put it completely standard so it remains a legend (lol) an the other half wants it to be modified,

I'm not gonna do any mods that aren't reversable though.

I was speaking to Rich (Mad-Axl) and I said that when it comes to selling it, I will completely standardise it.

Take it back to Pendine beach and get the photo re done properly (road level, correct angle etc.) then your sig will be cool as.