Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

This years favourites

Its very much a work in progress and the fact he has done all the work himself including actually building the dash from scratch including the moulds puts it in a different light. He is part of our crew http://www.Coupehaus.co.uk and the build details will be up on the site soon including mine and Bens.

Jay

triggermyson, I can see where you're coming from but it was a lot better in the flesh. The choice of hide colour goes well with the grey paintwork, which is the colours Astons look best in ;-)

triggermyson, I can see where you're coming from but it was a lot better in the flesh. The choice of hide colour goes well with the grey paintwork, which is the colours Astons look best in ;-)

Agreed. It was very unique and well worth a look.

The weirdest thing was that the guy who owned it looked like a tall version of Richard Hammond! Made me do a double take when he first showed up at Stealth! Even had the same sort of haircut!

I'd like to see some more pics, its clearly a piece of work and imaginative too but the pictures aren't selling it for me at the moment. Some cars look so much better in the metal though, others hide behind photography

It sounded nice too. It is clearly a work in progress, and hey, i've got respect for anyone that puts that kind of effort in to anything. When i can barely fit a an air freshner to mine with out breaking something! All you guys deserve much respect whether its to an individuals personal taste or not.

Not sure its one of my favs right now, but it looks like its going to be awsome when its finished. And it does look a heeeeep better in the flash

How you undertake that sort of trim work yourself just amaziz the sh.t out of me! What do you charge for a bespoke one off retrim then corpheites?!!

Right! never really written on this thing so bare with me i'm going to try and show a few pictures.

Thanks for all your comments good and bad. As Ben and Jay have said the full build of the car upto now will be detailed on the Coupehaus website but heres a few teasers.....

Oh and some people (trig) will be over the moon to see my new additions.....HEADRESTS!!!

The fashonable item I was sporting on the RR day looked like it was pulled from a rabbit hutch because it was! well, as good as. Along with the front seats which are now in there. The seats I could refurbish but what can you do with those headrests? Ford drivers love them and a pair will sell for £50 on Ebay.....says it all really! :lol:

Doug - Start a thread in members gallery mate, to show all the work you have done. People will be blown away once they realise you actually built it all yourself.

Liking the avatar mate :)

Here is a pic of Doug just to show how much like Richard Hammond he does look....;)

Jay

I don't think that angle does it justice - when you look straight on, the resemblence is canny!

Nice improvement on the headrests - they look much better! Looking forward to seeing how this car takes shape.

Whats the plans for the steering wheel - something a bit different and trimmed up in the same material? Is the old G60 style one a stopgap for now?

really like that dash, its so different and simple, it works but not the colour unfortunately, i prob got bad taste :wink:

The crazy thing is Doug fitted it all in and trimmed in black leather, then decided he wanted it all a different colour! Nutter! :)

I must admit I am a big fan of the colour.

Jay

lol - now thats FAR more like a hammond-a-like! Brilliant!

I agree about the colour of the dash.. I think it would look far too sombre in black but the brown really lightens it up and helps you to pick out the detailing, etc.

Nice, original idea - I really like it!

jay u got a link to ya site please

http://www.coupehaus.co.uk