neil20vtc

back in a corrado (vrt time!)

i know most of you will think im mad but i have my reasons, the corrado will be going up for sale at some point as its taking up room :cuckoo:

neil

would love to hear your reasons :lol: looks a good condition mk2 though, white is the colour which is doing it for me to at the min!!

Found This Mate from York....

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jon77vw#p/u/9/l-T0uO0f8Xg

Nice Mk2, looks very tidy!

Is the audi still going ok????

think thats when i fried my clutch!

an yeah mk2 is pretty tidy couple of small bits need tidying up but a good base for me to use an audi is still goin good mate think the clutch is starting to slip a bit though but ive been told its not too bad a job

i know most of you will think im mad but i have my reasons, the corrado will be going up for sale at some point as its taking up room :cuckoo:

neil

would love to hear your reasons :lol: looks a good condition mk2 though, white is the colour which is doing it for me to at the min!!

basically just cos its not clean enough for me would need a full respray for me to be happy an id rather put that money elsewhere plus ive just got a thing for mk2's just feel more raw than a corrado god knows what it will be like with thw 20v lump in!

pic of the rado in its current state well its actually got nowt left on it now

DSC00201.jpg

an ive started stripping the golf down, get the engine out tomorrow aft when ive finished work then remove the subframe for a clean and paint

DSC00243.jpg

mk2 golf and 1.8t is the way forward, i dont like mk1's with 1.8t's in them as i think the engine is just to modern for that car.

are you thinking about 4wd?? only asking as i have someone with a rallye he's contemplating breaking.

this car will be the bollocks, would love something like this as a daily :D

please keep us updated, im sure you will :salute:

mk2 golf and 1.8t is the way forward, i dont like mk1's with 1.8t's in them as i think the engine is just to modern for that car.

are you thinking about 4wd?? only asking as i have someone with a rallye he's contemplating breaking.

no fella just gonna be 2wd all this is new to me never mind fitting 4wd!

little update

the pug blue corrado is now gone, i stripped anything worth having off my smashed up corrado and thats now gone to the scrap yard :'(

DSC00278.jpg

ive waited to get the car inside at the garage for a bit so i could take the subframe, arb,power steering rack etc off and get them cleaned up and painted as might as well when the cars in bits ive been on with this over crimbo

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

ive bought full polybush set for the car which will go on when its in bits plus, new wishbones,ball joints,track rod ends,sus top mounts and full set of vibratechnic mounts so the cars nice and tight when rebuilt also got a new rad support panel as the one on the car was bit too scabby to be saved was one of the last available so lucky got it when i did!

im lookin forward to crackin on with it but will have to sort my other half a car out first as she smashed hers up an is usin my murder wagon(audi 80) for work

neil.

well im back in a corrado just got a mettalic black vr6 already has koni coilovers, ss exhaust, black leather

plan is to use it daily for now, its got a few bits that need sorting(couple of scabs on back arches, spoiler needs repainting,some cracked interior trim)

a change of wheels is on the cards just dont know which ones, ive fitted the gearnob and steering wheel out of me old rado (these are meant to be going on the golf!)

i wish i hadnt sold all the goodies off me last one now but i needed the coin at the time!

oh and its good to be back just feels right being in a rado again!

heres some of the few pics i have

25042011126.jpg

25042011125.jpg

had a drive out an went to this spot thats always good for a photo but only managed this one of the gf showin some corrado love then the camera batterys died!

24042011120.jpg

neil.

cheers chaps and jon yeah the mk2's gettin there now lost faith in it for a bit as my rattle can bay spraying didnt stand up to the winter sat outside very well so wish id had it done properly now but you live and learn plus i was skint at the time!

couple of recent pics 04022012438.jpg

09022012442.jpg

got some new wheels for it ages ago but never put any pics up not really done much else apart from some pressed plates and lowered the back slightly when the new wheels came, would have lowered it all round a bit more but the front coilies have siezed i lathered them in wd but been too busy to try move em again

as requested by mr osv some pics of my golf now its all together along with some of its journey

192.jpg

198.jpg

16042011113.jpg

16042011117.jpg

01082011173.jpg

05082011178.jpg

13082011202.jpg

15062011147.jpg

19082011212.jpg

26062011157.jpg

14012012394.jpg

14012012398.jpg

2012-07-06-024.jpg

sorry if there not in order an finally one of them both together

2012-07-08-030.jpg

Great work Neil, the MK2 is a real credit to you and the Corrado looks great on the Comps:thumbleft:

well after using the corrado as my daily for the past few years its now in need of a bit of tlc so i have taken it off the road the plan is to treat it to nice new bolts and powdercoated goodies for underneath a fresh lick of paint and to stick a turbo on it!

i have decided to give turboing it a go myself and will be doing this first slowly taking my time then once its been running and im happy with it i plan on pulling the motor out getting the car sprayed and fitting the fresh running gear along with the engine after its been spruced up a bit

i went as far as booking myself in to do a evening course at college doing tig welding so i can make my own downpipe plus i just think it would be something good to be able to do, but the original nite was full and the extra one they were going to put on didnt get enough numbers so im going to have to wait until feb to get started on that

anyways i have been collecting a few turbo parts and also started stripping bits off the car ready here are some pictures

the powdercoated bits and oem bolts washers bushes bearings etc were the stuff that useoncedestroy was selling on here someone local to me had bought them and they came up on my local forum when he was selling his corrado

IMG_0043_zps4b1d17bc.jpg

IMG_0042_zps5a69d2ed.jpg

and some of how far i have got taking the car to bits

IMG_0093_zps20a421cc.jpg

IMG_0094_zps73c109af.jpg

IMG_0229_zps7e0da81b.jpg

IMG_0230_zpsdff6a22e.jpghopefully this will clean up and be ok powdercoated as i didnt get this in the bundle of stuff

IMG_0236_zpsd2122df0.jpg

and thats about where im at, so not far! have also removed the downpipe which was a right pita as could not get the cat off so took some time rithing around on the floor trying to manouvre it out!

Very nice mk2!! And a VRT in the future, good set of motors! What size Comps are they (17x7.5?) What size tyres are you running on them?

Adam

Good start on the strip down. I'd stick some rags down the inlet holes though before something gets dropped in there :)